Reviews for Espionage
SortingHat chapter 1 . 3/21
As well as the muggle world I wonder if a high altitude EMP exploding would also disable *some* magic such as the floo network and render most wands useless?

For effects on muggle electronics first read the book *One Second After* about a small town in the mountains of North Carolina near Asheville where a family has to cope when the US Power grid fails and the country is invaded by hostile forces but many people in the town work together including one person who has an old prop plane that the ignition system is *non computerized* who offers to use it to spy as gangs go rampant in the big cities and spread towards Asheville up in the mountains looking for food.
The town forms a defense and have to decide how they will handle the situation of gangs and innocent travelers alike walk thru with their belongings escaping the big cities in the lowlands.

One of our heros finds an old rotary phone in the city hall and get's it working so the town makes a crude phone system.

Another good book is 77 Days in September which I bought and here is what it's about taken from Amazon.

On a Friday afternoon before Labor Day, Americans are getting ready for the holiday weekend, completely unaware of a long-planned terrorist plot about to be launched against the country. Kyle Tait is settling in for his flight home to Montana when a single nuclear bomb is detonated 300 miles above the heart of America. The blast, an Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP), destroys every electrical device in the country, and results in the crippling of the power grid, the shutting down of modern communications, and bringing to a halt most forms of transportation.

Kyle narrowly escapes when his airplane crashes on take-off, only to find himself stranded 2,000 miles from home in a country that has been forced, from a technological standpoint, back to the 19th Century. Confused, hurt, scared, and alone, Kyle must make his way across a hostile continent to a family he’s not even sure has survived the effects of the attack. As Kyle forges his way home, his frightened family faces their own struggles for survival in a community trying to halt its slow spiral into chaos and anarchy.
Great story so far a points for jumping right in without an unnecessary amount of exposition.

Technically Kingsley can't be described as African American since he is British.
Asa chapter 2 . 3/31/2011
Dude, when did he acquire the shirt? I thought he was shirtless? lol XD
HogwartsCreations chapter 8 . 1/15/2011
What is up with Kingsley? He's so demented...
HogwartsCreations chapter 3 . 1/15/2011
So far it's interesting. Although, HP takes place in the nineties so all of this should be happening in '97. But otherwise :)
A Fish That Has A Secret Wish chapter 7 . 12/7/2010
I know this story is complete, and thus you probably won't pay much attention to this review, but I have to say, as much as i like everything about this story, I absolutely loathe the detailed titles of whatever karate moves Jenny does. It's pretty ridiculous, in that it sounds pompous, like you're trying to prove how awesome Jenny is, and how much martial arts junk you know. We don't need that. 'She spun around and kicked him in the face.' is just fine, hell, it's even better. Let's us us our imagination. We don't need the play by play. It bogs down the work as well, with wordiness.

Should you ever read this, just keep that in mind.

~tuna
imma-perty-starwhale chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Im sorry to burst your bubble, but it was the summer of '96 that Harry mourned Sirius, and that means that the summer of their sixth year would be the summer of 1996, not 2010. They'd be 31 with children. Tonks would be dead, and their would be no use for the Order of the Phenix to have spies. The first chapter is good so far.
Beesy chapter 35 . 8/14/2010
What an amazing ending! please start the sequel soon.. :)
PSay chapter 35 . 8/13/2010
This is a sad ending to Espionage. Jenny has lost everyone from her past now except Brian. That is really bad. Now she is setting out to become an assassin with only Draco for help. He will try to help her. I look forward to see how you handle this. Thanks for writing. pms
PSay chapter 34 . 8/12/2010
This is a happy chapter. I am so glad Jenny got to be there for the baby's birth. Now Tonks and Remus have their son. A new beginning in spite of the horrible war going on all around them. I look forward to more of this story. pms
Emilia Kingsley chapter 34 . 8/10/2010
Little Teddy with blue hair...I'm guessing Remus, because you are still following the original story, that he will still perish in the fight? At least he has a son for now right?
procrastinating artist chapter 33 . 8/9/2010
this sotry is just... WOW.

you've made Jenny so 3D it's like she's an actual character in the books.

the twist on Kingsley was a great idea, and you wrote it well

you knew exactly how to progress Jenny and Draco's relationship.

this story pulled at my emotions, i got so into it i almost forgot where i was.

i would love it if you updated!
Mikkiz chapter 33 . 8/8/2010
Ouch...

Really good story... made me depressed when they tortured her...

but really awesome writing and stuff
PSay chapter 33 . 8/5/2010
This is a tough chapter. It is good that Jenny got her messages accross to everyone even though they already had most of the information. She needed to tell them what she knew. Remus and Tonks adopting her was great. She needs someone and they need her too. Draco has very strong feelings of rage and a strong desire for revenge on Jenny's part. I know if he gets a chance he will make a real effort to kill all the death eaters that hurt her. Kingsley is on the top of everyone's list now. I look forward to more of this story. pms
Emilia Kingsley chapter 33 . 8/4/2010
You are an absolutely wonderful writer. Some parts of the story don't exactly make perfect sense but hell with it. I enjoy this! It's just so good!