Reviews for Revelator
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 5 . 6/19/2012
That was cute. I really enjoyed that made me giggle.
ljm chapter 5 . 8/19/2011
Nice story. Having River break Jayne out of jail was so cool.
basaltone chapter 5 . 9/6/2010
Very nice, funny little adventure fic. Really enjoyed the interplay between Mal and Jayne.
analogarhythmagic chapter 5 . 8/21/2010
This was a good little story that really gave Jayne some depth. I know there is not much to work with from the series and movie, but you came up with a good backstory for him and made it plausible. I have to admit it seems a little out of character for him to sacrifice himself, but at the same time he does have devotion to his family, both blood-kin and those on Serenity, that we have evidence for from the series. Plus with all he's seen, it might spark something in him. Either way, you turned it out well. I really liked the language, especially of the characters of Toby and Jacob. It fit the setting and with Jayne's mannerisms. You fleshed them out enough to really make them part of the story, and their roles were very believable. Good job.
Brandywine00 chapter 5 . 7/31/2010
*claps wildly*

Excellent resolution to an equally fantastic story! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this from start to finish.

As for this chapter, nicely done, from the cover story drawing the Sheriff away, to the Sheriff's unwitting assistance in giving Jacob an alibi, to Hiram's need for revenge actually being the thing that helps Jayne get free! And Jayne, willing to give himself up, not willing to go free if it means his Ma won't be taken care of. He's such a good son (Ma Cobb voice ;D))

Also loved the teasing at the end. I can just see Jayne roaring after River, the bratty grin on her face as she dances down the catwalk out of his reach... sounds just like family. ;D
Brandywine00 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Fantastic opener! What a revelation, no doubt...

Not the backstory Mal expected, I'm sure, and certainly not something Jayne probably ever felt safe enough to share with anyone before. Loved the comparison between these two 'men with families', how Mal never really considered what obligations Jayne may have. Did not expect Mattie and Ma's fates, to be sure!

Excellent work, as always!
Kristafied chapter 5 . 7/26/2010
Nice to see that Bitters dude get what's coming to him.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 5 . 7/24/2010
Yep...that went well. Too well, if I was a betting man, since Wilson's still alive and Jayne's ma is technically not safe if Wilson gets it in his head to do something to her as revenge on Jayne and the rest of Serenity's crew :(

Still! Fantastic work as always, BK! Can't wait to see more, of either this or one of your other tales of Jayne-centric brilliance :D
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 7/24/2010
Yep...Plan B is DEFINITELY gonna be needed. Probably because Hiram the Second is gonna be around to see Jayne get busted out and wanna stage an "intervention" to prevent a captured criminal from becoming a fugitive again ;D
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 3 . 7/24/2010
He he he...there's some jail breakin' to be done and our BDHs (with some help from technically surprising allies ;D) are just the bunch of n'er-do-wells to pull it off. Though not without a hitch, I imagine!

;)

Can't wait to see how Jayne is gonna react to the crew showing up to bust him out of jail...not gonna be manly grunts and acquiescence, I suspect.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
Huh...gotta say that I find it interesting that Jayne - even a post-Miranda version of Jayne - would walk to the gallows with nary a blink in order to protect his mother. It's a good kind of interesting, mind you...shows that Jayne's a hell of a lot deeper than people give him credit for...but I would imagine he would have tried other things first. Self-sacrifice is something kinda alien to Jayne, at least except for a very select group of people ;D
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Well well well...I see you're up to your old tricks again, badkarma00, making everyone's favourite merc have a much deeper character than anyone would presume from his actions during the series and movie!

;D

Mighty intriguing start to what I am hoping will be a mighty interesting tale. Can't wait to move on to the next chapter!
Freyalyn chapter 5 . 7/23/2010
This was fun! Sweet, but still everyone was well in character. Thank you for sharing with us.
RionaEire chapter 5 . 7/22/2010
Good ending, had a distinctly humorous energy, River's "your welcome Jayne boy" and "The man they call Jayne ... boy" lines were priceless. Good wrapping up of the story and, as Mal says, nice to see things are back to normal around here. Since they didn't visit Jayne's ma, you could just assure me that she is well looked after since I didn't get to see and make that judgement for myself.

Riona
Malinara chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I'm really enjoying this story, I just love the way you transform Jayne from the ape that we know into a character which may have more depth the all the others - keep it comin'!