Reviews for The sky, too, is folding under you
332249 chapter 11 . 7/13
Wow. Had to read it again after the first time I finished.
I'd always wondered why the woman in white hunt spooked Dean so much, I love your reasons. John staying in the wind after THAT, yeah, that'd freak him right out.

And of course he'd never tell Sam.

By canon, it took Dean 30 years to break, but Alastair couldn't threaten Sam anymore than the trouble he was already in. Lyle could. A guy like Dean, makes all the difference.

I love Dean being way smarter than Sam. Love it.

You said there'd be more coming in this 'verse.
WHERE IS IT?
tealrose chapter 11 . 10/16/2013
allrighty, harrassment to keep writing this kind of story with the Pretender and Supernatural, here you go! Sounds like a fantastic idea, as i love both shows, and it does truly fit, as they do pretend! Great Job Tania, and hope you keep going! T
Xayian chapter 11 . 1/24/2012
Well I came across this and thought about reading it a few times and to be honest, a lot of hesitation had to do with the summary mostly being a take from the show. I know, silly right? But other than the last sentence it really didn't grab me and say "Read me now!". But finally, curiosity got the better of me and I found your story had a certain pull to it and I'm glad I decided to read it.

It kept me very engaged, though a bit disturbed with what happened with Dean. What's even more disturbing is that I thought you could have done more with how Dean finally ended up losing who he really was to the tool Lyle turned him into. It felt too short. I think I would have liked to have read more in the interactions between Dean and Lyle to show a clearer understanding of why Dean eventually gave in to him. I mean to say that you *did* show it well but it felt like you dived into the deep end of the pool instead of easing toward the deep and dark from the clear and shallow. Maybe showing how Jim and Willy became a more substantial threat to Dean to give more credence to why Lyle was able to establish a firm hold over Dean's psyche? Like showing what they did to Dean to give him the non-hunt related scars you mentioned the same way you did with Lyle. That they could truly care less about how far they pushed and Dean's reaction to that mentality. I hope this all makes sense.

I should note, though, that a lot of my feeligs toward the why of Dean giving in, before the threat to Sam by Lyle, is clouded by what's already been reveled on the show to date. After all, he lasted 30 yrs before he stepped off the rack. Also, to be fair, you could have written this pre-season 4 in which case time/type of torture being issued make more sense for the story.

I hope you don't find this too critical, because I truely did have an issue with stepping away from the story once I started reading. Considering the content of the story, it feels wrong for me to say I "enjoyed" it, but I will say that should you still decide to post another installment I will be there reading it. :0)