Reviews for The Darkest of Hours
swans-a-melting chapter 2 . 1/25/2012
Dorcas Lane wink-, it's my one weakness.

This was nothing to do with the fic, but it made me laugh so hard!

The fic is great too!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 2 . 4/30/2010
Miniature stories are fine; in fact sometimes it's fun to have something relatively short to read (sort of like eating miniature chocolates).

It's been a while since I watched episode 5 of Cranford, but from what I recall this fits right in with what's depicted - Sophyw waking to a beautiful summer morning and devoted Frank by her bedside. The smell of the lilacs is a nice, atmospheric touch, and so is Sophy's reflection on hre sense of peace and safety.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
Wow! This is the first time I have seen anything written solely from Sophy's point of view. She's a sensitive, intelligent character, but for some reason we don't really get to know her well, either in the Cranford series or even in Mr. Harrison's Confessions (where she's depicted entirely from Dr. Harrison's point of view).

I am intrigued by this story and eager to read more. It is particularly striking because what the angelic Sophy is experiencing sounds so close to the classic view of hell that it's very disconcerting.

One quibble about the language: I wonder if the term "panic" was used as a verb in the 19th century. Then again, there's no rule at FF that you have to use Victorian language...