Reviews for A Form of Escapism
BelleOfTheBook chapter 4 . 5/6/2010
I told ya some pimpin' of the story would get ya some reviews! :) I came to read the fourth chappy thinking it was still just me and Red doing the reviews and then I saw you had over 100! Go diva!

And of course, loved Grumpward... And the cliffy... And lemon drizzle cake...
Lucifer.crest chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
I think this story is amazing! That you for posting it! It's always nice to see another "ella" and "ward" around :)

Are there going to be EPOV chapters or just BPOV?

I find it very intriguing that Bella's mental health seems to be doing okay considering the years of mental and emotional abuse she's gone through (not to mention the physical); was this intentional? I just expected Bella's reaction to meeting Edward and the man-handling to go worse than it did.

Hm, in my opinion I think it's good that Bella is coming off as such a strong character full of life and vitality. It will make for a really interesting story ;) like Lamb to the Slaughter rather than Bella just eventually poisoning James' cauliflower and cheese.

Anywho! I just wanted to pop by and review to say that you're doing an awesome job so far :)

- LC
kikidew chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Love this story. Different plot from what I have read. Keep writing. I want to read more. How often do you update?
JAustenlover chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Uh oh. An evil cliffie.

So Edward has manners. And does not want to be reminded of his past. Hm. I love a mystery.

Still enjoying your story very much. Very curious to see what you have in store for us, dear.

Thanks for writing. Don't kill your liver. Or at least finish the story before you do...hehe.

xoxo.

JA
brittCboo chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
...and redeem he did! So, how long ago did his wife die? Suicide? Geez... brutal. He is seemingly still holding on... which worries me. I assume that Bella will be what he needs... but at the same time I see some tears in the future... for myself and Bella. Edward, too.

James is still a douche... glad not to have to see much of him... but I worry about what's to come! What did Edward say and how is James going to react to Bella? I just can't wait for him to get his ... I just wonder if Edward finds out and how. Accident? Bella tells him? I just can't see that happening!

Another great chapter, bb. Can't wait for more!
lippylou chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Hey Flubs

Oh, Edward's obviously still upset about his wife. I like that Bella is not letting on that she knows who he is. I think that's the approach I'd take if I ever met The Pretty LOL! Can we call him Romanceward? I wonder why James has that strange look on his face? What did Romanceward tell him?

Can't wait for the update. Enjoy Manchester. I'd love an inventory of what you bought when you get back.

Annette
redsock chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
These tiny moments so fraught with consequence...

For the first time I felt totally sad for Bella in AFE [her snark providing a kernel of resistance in earlier chapters]. She's so vulnerable with Edward and her one opportunity to break out of her cage [prison? vise?] highlights how mean and constricted her existance is. Well done!

Edward loved "the Lulu," as well he should ~ :) But it is the tea which signifies: "... I don't normally have sugar, James says I'll get fat. This is my attempt at a minor act of rebellion and it feels quite refreshing." That's it Bella, try another act of independence!

... But if James learns from Edward what transpired earlier in the day?

Chapter Four is every bit as riveting as the rest, have no worries. And your cliffies are becoming far too addicting - I'm itching to turn the page!

Thank you sincerely for the kind mention. It's a pleasure to offer a tiny assist [American basketball term], red
sheknitsnicely chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Oh you're dreadful - with your cliffhanger! ARGH! How did it go? I'm well excited for the next update. Still loving the story and SCINTILLATED for what's going to come next. Sexy writerward and houseBella action mnice. x
Biology is for luvas chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
LOVE IT!
Olga NYC chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Thank You for updating Flubs.

Excellent chapter. Great character development. Really love Bella’s voice and can identify with her on so any levels (except for the staying with James part). Love the mini-rebellion she staged by taking sugar in her tea.

My heart was breaking every time Bella would think about being punished by James. The abuse itself is bad enough but living in constant fear is unbearable.

Cliffie – evil. Awesome but evil. I do hope you have some time to write and post again soon. I have gazzilion theories of how this is going to pan out but the reviews are not the place for it of course. I may stop by the thread for that, now that you have one :)

Enjoy your weekend away.
Olga
odiejae chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
well flubbs, if icy's the cliffy queen, you're now the princess! i can't wait to find out if james met edward. curious as to what happened with edward's wife too, will we find out?

i sure hope edward beats the crap out of james when he finds out how he treats bella.

another great chapter, looking forward to the next one!

jodie
xx
Onward chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Loved this chapter. The way they met and Bella concealing her recognition of him was good, too.
Look forward to hearing if James found out about her innocent foray with Edward.
Kellie
xoxo
LillyDolmer chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
It's so much easier to read your story with the knowledge that this will be a E & B story (thanks for the review replies)

The beginning of this chapter was so sweet. I love Bella the fangirl. :-)

I hope Edward hasn't told James about his conversation with Bella. For now I'm relieved that James had an "unreadable expression" and not an angry or murderous one. Very evil cliffie.

I loved this chapter and I'm looking forward to the next chapter next week.
lizconno chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Another nice chapter. Just a note - have you considered getting a beta? There are many things that you might want to consider tweaking in future chapters (as well as correct some of the errors you have in this; a second set of eyes often catches them). For instance, you have Bella internal dialogue in the second paragraph (the majority of it, in fact) that should be italicized to set it apart from normal narration. But again, a nice chapter. :)
~lizconno
/s/5496816/1/A_Labor_of_Love
sscana chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Omg Flubbles I'm calling you icy! Your making us wait. I don't want her to get hurt! I hate James. Great chapter bb. Until next week.
4,677 | « Prev Page 1 .. 296 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 .. Last Next »