Reviews for A Form of Escapism
sheknitsnicely chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Oh you're dreadful - with your cliffhanger! ARGH! How did it go? I'm well excited for the next update. Still loving the story and SCINTILLATED for what's going to come next. Sexy writerward and houseBella action mnice. x
Biology is for luvas chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
LOVE IT!
Olga NYC chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Thank You for updating Flubs.

Excellent chapter. Great character development. Really love Bella’s voice and can identify with her on so any levels (except for the staying with James part). Love the mini-rebellion she staged by taking sugar in her tea.

My heart was breaking every time Bella would think about being punished by James. The abuse itself is bad enough but living in constant fear is unbearable.

Cliffie – evil. Awesome but evil. I do hope you have some time to write and post again soon. I have gazzilion theories of how this is going to pan out but the reviews are not the place for it of course. I may stop by the thread for that, now that you have one :)

Enjoy your weekend away.
Olga
odiejae chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
well flubbs, if icy's the cliffy queen, you're now the princess! i can't wait to find out if james met edward. curious as to what happened with edward's wife too, will we find out?

i sure hope edward beats the crap out of james when he finds out how he treats bella.

another great chapter, looking forward to the next one!

jodie
xx
Onward chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Loved this chapter. The way they met and Bella concealing her recognition of him was good, too.
Look forward to hearing if James found out about her innocent foray with Edward.
Kellie
xoxo
LillyDolmer chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
It's so much easier to read your story with the knowledge that this will be a E & B story (thanks for the review replies)

The beginning of this chapter was so sweet. I love Bella the fangirl. :-)

I hope Edward hasn't told James about his conversation with Bella. For now I'm relieved that James had an "unreadable expression" and not an angry or murderous one. Very evil cliffie.

I loved this chapter and I'm looking forward to the next chapter next week.
lizconno chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Another nice chapter. Just a note - have you considered getting a beta? There are many things that you might want to consider tweaking in future chapters (as well as correct some of the errors you have in this; a second set of eyes often catches them). For instance, you have Bella internal dialogue in the second paragraph (the majority of it, in fact) that should be italicized to set it apart from normal narration. But again, a nice chapter. :)
~lizconno
/s/5496816/1/A_Labor_of_Love
sscana chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Omg Flubbles I'm calling you icy! Your making us wait. I don't want her to get hurt! I hate James. Great chapter bb. Until next week.
shoeluvvr chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Oh oh, I hope Edward doesn't find out she lied about knowing who he is. I can't wait to see what happens when Edward sees how Bella is around James. And how long it takes him to figure out something isn't quite right.

And OMG you did not leave it there! Evil cliffie again? LOL.

Thank you for another wonderful chapter. Have a wonderful time away! xoxo
MoniNP Monica Nopi chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Damn.. you've got me soo hooked! ...such a cliffie.. unreadable expression? ..good, bad, angry..? did they speak? did they not?... I will be in pain flubs! ...great writing! ;) .. MoniNP from twitter.. love u bb :)
TheBellaFanatic chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
I was nervous for Bella the whole time. I am glad that Edward reacted the way he did, that was some relief. Although I felt bad that he's still hurting from the loss of his wife. Maybe Bella & Edward can become friends and comfort each other. They always say the best relationships start with a good friendship. Hoping that's the angle you are working towards. *winks*

Now I'm all in a panic again because I don't know what happened next door between James and Edward. Worried that James will find out about Bella's lie. Oh heavens, you've learned well from Icy on how to do cliffies.

You definitely have me hooked now, can't seem to stop thinking about your story. Always working through several scenarios in my head on which way you will go next.

Have a good holiday!
B-Fan xoxo
userunknown123 chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Oh! Great job! I think you have been taking cliffie writing lessons from the best! lol
Cant wait to see where this story goes next! Thank you for the lovely update, and have a great time on your weekend away!
tg
afmtoo chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
boo to james but Bella'd better come clean about knowing who edward is or there'll be tears before bedtime.

AFMxx
majose chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Seriously? Now I am all nervous to find out if James is going to go psycho on her.
In my opinion it was of poor taste of her to ask Edward about his wife knowing his story. Even if she thinks that he might be seeing someone else.
elizabethan chapter 4 . 5/5/2010
Bella’s reaction is typically that of an abuse victim, and of course it would seem like an overreaction to Edward – this is well done. Loved Bella’s internal monologue, though – battling with whether or not to reveal she recognizes him.

Of course, the lemon drizzle – a bit of ‘lemon’ early on, right! But Bella is already fretting over James’s reaction, and I sense that is going to cause her a great deal of trouble as the story progresses.

What a complex Edward you’ve created in just a few paragraphs – brash as first, polite enough to invite her for tea, and yet completely as ease with using profanity around her, then standoffish when she asks about his wife, asking Bella to leave.

Yes, what a place to leave off indeed, but I don’t think Edward gave her away – I think perhaps he either didn’t answer his door, or gave James the brush-off. Well done, Flubs!
4,670 | « Prev Page 1 .. 296 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 .. Last Next »