Reviews for A Form of Escapism
Onward chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
Oh...Love it when they met and touch with such passion. Even though he is angry...
Thin line between love and hate.
Hope they cross over that line.
Great job flubbles.

Onward chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
I spot some foreshadowing here...Possibly the house was purchased by the newly unretired E.A. ?
Oh no! James is a control freak and Bella needs to be rescued.

Onward chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Great chapter. Really did get a good feeling for Bella and her situation.
A dick for a husband...

Edwardspetwolf chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
Oh! Really loving the story so far! Please update soon!
1netka chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Jaustenlover rec'd your story today on Twitter. After reading the summary, I was instantly drawn to meeting Edward, the writer. Happy to say that your first chapter is a total win.

Bella is an unfulfilled, tortured housewife, whose husband treats her like a possession, a maid to do his bidding, and a convenient release for his tension. Not liking James very much here. Quite a pompous bastard, isn't he?

Bella's situation has her trapped at the moment, and I am hoping that future chapters will help her find her courage to leave him, not because of anyone else, but because she wants to ... because she realizes that staying in a loveless marriage is not living ... and because she is intelligent and courageous to set her own path and find her happiness.

We haven't met Edward yet, but I am hoping that his character will be much better than James.
brittCboo chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
I knew coming into this that it would be hard... but it's beautifully written! I can't believe you kept it a secret! It is absolutely heartbreaking to see her go through the motions of her life... I freaking HATE James. Hate him with a passion. Her actions just make me cringe... and I can't help but as WHY over and over again. What is keeping her there? Why does she feel the need to stay? I assume this will be revealed at a later time but it is driving me batty for now...

Your descriptions are lovely... you have a way of bringing the reader to the location you're describing. I love, love, love wisteria. We have a beautiful University Garden here with a gazebo covered in it. The roots are as big as tree trunks! It also grows wild in the woods near my house and I just love the smell when it's in bloom.

I just knew that it would be Edward moving in... and boy was I surprised at the initial meeting! What a jerk! I have a feeling he is about to redeem himself in a big way... Is it strange that I really want for him to see the marks all over her back. I don't know how that would happen... but someone needs to see it.

I'm keeping it all here to one review in case I come up with something else... or another question... I still have two other chapters I can review on.

BTW, I wanted to smack the lady in the post office. Is it common there for post offices to be privately owned? That was so odd to me... but figured it could be the norm there.

Beautiful job, flubs! So happy for you! Can't wait for the next chapter!
anais mark chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
Ah, my love, I hope he likes lemon as well.

Poor Bella cannot catch a break, I do hope he has some pity on her.

Your writing is lovely, conversational and easy to hear as I read. I like the moments of backbone she has...I can see her building backbone even though James tries to lock her away.

I've heard that some men just can't hold their arsenic. Maybe Bella could find out if James is one of them...

I can't wait for your next chapter, to find out how things play out with her hero.

Yours,
anais mark chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
I'm obviously dying to know who the neighbor will be and totally hoping for EAM Cullen...in case that matters. Hehe.

Lovely chapter, I will cheerfully beat James with the postmistress' arm if you'd allow me.

xoxo,
anais mark chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Fantastic start. I hated him before I knew it was James.

Poor Stella is a lovely beer with an unfortunate moniker. But it worked perfectly here.

I am very excited to read more.

Yours,
quietruby chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
Flubs, why are you torturing Bella? And while you're at it, me? Why? The poor girl can't catch a freakin' break! I swear, Edward better be a nice guy at some point - soonish please.

Have to tell you that the whole lemon cake thing made me laugh. One bc, it's well, 'lemon' and two bc you had everyone tripping over it which I thought was funny. That is until Edward shook Bella the rude thing.

Well done and please continue! :)
quietruby chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
BELLA GET THE FUCK OUT!

Oh my God, Flubs, what are you doing to me? She needs to leave him, poison his food, iron his stupid face, whatever, just leave!

Your writing is excellent - clear, sharp, descriptive. So much so I am cringing as I read bc the nature of this is so...horrible! Dude, you better get her out ASAP.

Onto 3...
quietruby chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
You dog! You didn't even tell people you wrote a fic? Shame! Nora tweeted it to me.

Now that my scolding is over...this was great! I mean I have the creeps right now from reading about James and his skeeviness. Poor Bella! I want to scream at her to leave - RUN! Gosh...I can't even imagine.

I'm ready for chapter 2...well done Flubs! Keep going - this is fantastic!
Kstewsthighs chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Jesus christ my flubber... Wow.

I was not expecting anything like this from you. I was expecting jokes and sarcasm... And Billy.

You really have wowed me with this. Onto the next chap...
Snowqueens Icedragon chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
Oh dear... he's a bastard (but I already knew that *snickers*)
Glad you got scrumping in... it's a sorely underused word.
It's so nice to read something English... wonderfully English... I can smell the cut grass and the privet.
Thank you for this.
Icy xx
Snowqueens Icedragon chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
You did it. Well done Flubbles - you dark horse you.
Can't wait for the next chapter... and the one after that... and yes, please, please continue.
x