Reviews for Of Arms and Armor
WarriorDrgnMage chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Without the DLC of Return to Ostagar we would all think Cailin was a bit of an idiot. After all look how he acts in the original campaign. But then you find his papers it seems that he only acts the fool probably to make people underestimate him.

I'm glad that someone else jumped to the same conclusion about why exactly Cailin left Maric's sword in a hidden chest (did anyone else notice that the guy with the key to the chest was the looked like the same guy that was backing away in the beginning of the battle footage?) and made sure Alistair went to the Tower of Ishal. Though perhaps I just created the same illusion in my head that you did in yours. Either way I like this interpretation better because honestly how could Cailin really be as damned naively foolish as they portrayed him in the game? Both Maric and Alistair are intelligent, even though Alistair likes to act like the fool sometimes, perhaps it's a family trait...?
Kirwond chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I really like the idea of Alistair doing this stream-of-consciousness babble as a way of coming down from battle. He's such a vocal person, so I think that fits really well. :) Lovely writing, as always. You have a real way with evoking emotions and atmosphere.
mille libri chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I love your writing style, and I very much enjoy your Giovanna and Alistair together. This is a beautiful mood piece and really gives words to a lot that Return to Ostagar elides over.