Reviews for The Brainy Saga
DcWestby chapter 22 . 6/30/2004
Ya know.. Dont you really think you should finish the "Brainy sage" story you've been working on?

Its great, but theres big old "what happens next?" screaming for a chapter 23...
blueraven chapter 22 . 4/12/2004
Please, please finish this story. It's way too good to remain unfinished. Especially since it's so long and easily the best Brainy story I have ever read. So when you have the time and don't have writer's block, could you please write one more chapter and finish the story.
Chien chapter 22 . 8/1/2003
(Hey wow! I actually signed on!)

It has been a while since I last read this story. I re-read the entire story so far.

I am very glad I found this again!

They say that certain details of a story become clearer the second time you read it. Even though it had been a really long time, there WERE things that I didn't notice before. This story is beautifully complex. (But not so complex as to make reading tedious.)

The review window says that a review should be used to comment on an aspect of the story that could be improved upon. Quite frankly, I can't think of anything that needs improving.

I love how you incorporate little details from the show.

You know, I could ramble on and on. I can't wait until the next chapter.
Stoned Carson chapter 22 . 6/19/2003
AAh...cliffhanger. Thanks for updating. I checked this site after awhile and remembered this story in particular. I was delighted it was updated but had some trouble for awhile. But I finally caught myself up! Nice way to incorporate Tucker in there. One always wonders what the heck happened to him. It's funny what you wrote about Helga writing "Arnold loves Lila" on the wall - she could have avoided that whole mess if she hadn't written it. Anyway, great chapter. I look forward to the next.
Sleather Chonkers chapter 22 . 5/25/2003
I feel so guilty that I hav'nt reviewed sooner , I hav'nt checked the email adress I use for in bloody weeks! Thats unversity for you.

Any way , this chapter felt exactly like the time I saw one half of the season finale for Buffy and I had to wait four whole weeks to see the rest. I feel as if I'm standing in the middle of a thunderstorm waiting for the first lightening bolt to strike me dramatic metaphor I know , but I felt it was nessacary.

I think I've finally figured out what I love about your story.

You give a voice to those charectors who we normally ignore or push aside , I've come to love Lila and Brainy deeply.

Brain is starting to puzzle me however , in some incidents he even admits to us , the audiance how ruthless he can be. In a sense he reminds me of the hunch back of notre dame ( the book not the disney movie) he has no real morak obligations. Everything he doe's is for the love of a woman who cannot love him back. I know my assessment of Brainy's charector is pretty harsh but that dos'nt mean I dont like him any less.

Perhaps Lila's influence will help change him for the better. I can already see him starting to questions what his doing.

Ack I'd write more but it's getting way to long.
Dah chapter 22 . 5/20/2003
Well, great chapter. _ I can't wait for the next chapter...
WAYAMY27NARF chapter 22 . 5/20/2003
Horray for prayer! Whoopee! This story totally rules. I'm really loving the way you developed these characters. Will Lila find out that Helga wrote that? Will Olga make it through the confrontation and live to tell about it? Will Brainy's plan work? Will MAJOR and unexpected suprises come up? Exactly how long has it been since school ended for these guys? Will you ever take the time to write and publish a novel? Will we ever find how many licks it takes to get the center of a tootsie pop? Wait, I don't like Tootsie Pops. Who will win American Idol? What will happen in the season finale of Frasier? All this and more will be answered...who knows when?

About that comment you made way back, I'm not a big fan of Pinky and the Brain so much, it's more just Animaniacs as a whole! Wakko and Pinky are my favorite though. Faboo! Narf!

You can download your story just about anywhere(Word, Works, Notepad, and Wordpad). I think accepts the story as a Word file, as well. If not just use HTML or TXT. I use HTML for my story, and it comes out okkay. If you still want to use Notepad, and eliminate that side scrolling problem, just click Edit and then click Word Wrap.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For this story. My day is going fantastic (because Weird Al's new CD comes out today [May 20]) and this story just added to my excitement!

Your humble reading servant,

Amy Napierkowski
Matthew John chapter 22 . 5/19/2003
I'm on pins and needles for chapter 23. I cannot wait for it to come up.

The other fics I mentioned are scattered somewhere in my favorites list. For humor, BTW, you may like "THE UM REALLY GOOD FIC!" Such intentionally poor writing...it's incredibly funny. And the donkey rules.
savagemind chapter 22 . 5/19/2003
*does happy dance* :D

You are SO AWESOME! Fantastic chapter! *duh*

This has to be one of the most sort after fics one this site! I had to wait a day to read it cos it was experiencing *site overload* or something! It's incredible!

I don't know how you can write so well! It's so in depth and flows wonderfully! I mean, even when they were having the discussion about baseball, (I'm English... and don't have a clue about any sport anyway lol!) I didn't understand it, but it was still compelling to read! lol!

You have to be one of the best writers I've ever come across! I'm in awe of you!

Now, next chapter if you please :D Don't leave us fans hanging too long ;)
Storyteller E chapter 22 . 5/19/2003
Finally! Continuing! Thanks :))

I've been waiting for this, y'know... Hoping*LoL*

Love&Peace

e.
Paradoxal Reality chapter 22 . 5/19/2003
*snaps fingers* You're absolutely right! That's the song that was stuck in my head! You gotta love oldies.

*snerk-snerk* "Ice Cream"... So how is "Ice Cream" doing these days, Helga? *snicker*

Wonder what ol' Helga's going to make of Phoebe seemingly being more attentive to Lila than to her "best friend"? Maybe another cause for ill-placed jealousy.

It's fun to see Helga's sports-loving tomboy side get to come out for a while! There were a *lot* of episode references in this chapter, it seemed. I'm not even sure I caught them all. They were fun, but not too distracting.

Lila's reaction to her chest of books was very nice, too. It reads almost as if her delving into her past is the centerpiece of that part of the story, with her quest for a particular book almost a sidenote. It's a very effective way to construct the scene, I believe. You're really drawn more into Lila's character. I've always wondered about Lila and the circumstances of the family's move. It seemed on the show that it might almost have been a desperate attempt at a fresh start after something devestating, financially and perhaps emotionally, also.

In that light the "cheerful perfect girl" mask does fit rather well. (for both Lila and Olga) Lila's father gets some screen time, too! Oddly enough, I can picture Olga as Lady MacBeth very easily. A stain is no joking matter for the perfectionist, I guess!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this previously, but I *really* think you do extremely well on your timing and the way you pace the story. In particular, I think the reiteration of the stakes was timely, as things are coming to a head.

I'm looking forward yet slightly dreading the Pataki bomb.. it's going to be a big explosion, I bet. I can't wait to see what happens. (But I guess I'll have to, eh?) Note: This chapter contains 100% of your RDA of Iron(y) You tell her, Lila!

Hm, I usually use Word to save my documents. The only thing is that it can sometimes do wonky things to your line breaks. (or it typically does to me, anyway... u.u;) You can save them in word as txt or evev html format, though; and I think you should still be able to upload them. Saving as html might get right of the weird break problems, in fact. *shrug* Might be something to try as an experiment, anyway.
Matthew John chapter 20 . 5/18/2003
Earthbound was an SNES RPG about four teenagers who saved the world from an alien being called Giygas. It was unusual in that it took place in a modern setting. Also, it was famous for bizarre, kooky humor. Earthbound's cult classic appeal is confirmed by the star's appearance in the Super Smash Brothers series and the fansite

Anyways, ImagineGal (I think that's the name) wrote a fic entitled "Cycle" which, along with this and the Calvin & Hobbes tale "Spaceman Spiff and the Marriage of Doom!" by Joe Cloudheart, are my absolute favorite pieces on the site.
Ari-Griffin chapter 22 . 5/18/2003
You will never know how happy your new chapter has made me. I love The Brainy Saga. Please continue soon.
beady chapter 22 . 5/18/2003
Gr. you know, i wasn't going to read this until you were done. but then i saw your update and i couldn't resist. this thing took me six hours to finish reading. and i did it all in one sitting. my butt is incredibly sore (as i'm sure you wanted to know). anyway, i thought i should let you know that i've committed you to finishing this, now. there's no way i'll let you get away with this not-telling-me-what's-going-to-happen business. and i had to correct myself from my last review(the one where i hadn't read anything yet). i spelled judging with two 'j's. how embarrassing. ahywat, the point: this story is super awesome. one note, though, you tend to switch tenses alot, going from past to present. it kinda takes away from the story. (actually, most people probably don't notice. the only reason i do is because i am proofing a fic that has the same problem) keep up the good work! _
BLFBH chapter 22 . 5/17/2003
Sorry. I can get just a tad impatient with stories that I like very much.

Wow. That is really getting into your character, eh? I just seriously hope that Lila's preyers work.

About the part at Slaussens, wow, what is happening with Arnold and Helga? Hm?

If only Lila knew who had written it...

Deario, I really hope that this turns out okay. I know that sometimes it doesn't, but hopefully the stakes won't rreach to an extreme.

Well, Nftnat, yet another well written, well-organized, and well suspensely-ended chapter. I told you I woudl when I could...I found a loop-hole on how to do it!

So, I promise not to be as impatient as I was on the last chapter. Well, not as, but I seriously like how this story has been unfolding. I like stories that have many of side-stories within them. That's what you've done.

Now, do as good a job on this up coming chapter as you have on others.
278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »