Reviews for The Brainy Saga
ChickenGoddess chapter 21 . 11/1/2002
OMG... loved it. the "C.B" thing was genius. Keep it going, this story, as well as your writing is absolutely amazing.
Briana LuvsFBH chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
Dang, I'm bored. Wait, is that...

AAHHH, AHHH, AAAHHH, THANK U! NFNAT WELCOME BACK! Now, let me read SAGA!

Spasm thing agan.I really love the Brainy you made. The whole thing is so well detailed. A Bliss chaptr, I love those. o, basically, its way to hrd to review something that ould SERIOUSLY be a NOVEL! A realy good one, too. Its really in-depth and yu can tell yu really can feel wht you wrote. Stories lik this DO write hemselves. I wis I could write like you. Now, could you please finish. I justgot on now I gtg. So,um, Its really good. THANKIES!
Snow Lane chapter 21 . 11/1/2002
*wheeze* OMG! YOU UPDATED! I dunno if I've ever told you this, but I LOVE your story. I was slightly sad that you didn't hook Brainy and Lila up in this chapter, but I know it's all to keep us coming back. And I so got the feeling about Arnold before you said anything.

I don't hate Lila anymore, at least not since I started to read your story. She's just misunderstood. Sure she's conniving, but I don't think it was on purpose (if that makes sense) And btw, loved the C.B. reference. And lol about Lila squeezing Brainy and enjoying it... lol.

Like I'm sure I've said before, AMAZING story and HURRY UP AND UPDATE!
TaDah chapter 21 . 10/31/2002
That was one huge interlude! It took me an hour to read it! Gah! I even passed up the beginning of this spooky movie me and Mom were supposed to watch to read it. Ok, I better go catch the rest of it. Great job on the chapter.
Matthew John chapter 21 . 10/31/2002
Oh. My. God.

It took one HELLISHLY long sitting, but I read the whole thing. I hung on every word. Just...wow. There are very few fics that do this to me. The only other one I can think of is the Earthbound fanfic "Cycle."
Ari-Griffin chapter 21 . 10/31/2002
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so glad you updated.
Miss Matched chapter 21 . 10/31/2002
*sighs, and hands in her "Brainy's Lovers" membership card* Won't be needing this anymore.

Another wonderfully written chapter (woops, almost made up a word. Anoderfully. That would be a fun word!) I enjoyed it. I read half at 6 in the morning, and saved the other half for after school... enough to keep a poor girl in suspence all day. But if you don't write another chapter soon, I'll have to beat you up on principal, okee?

~Miss Matched
savagemind chapter 21 . 10/31/2002
OMG! This is the best fic ever written! It's, it's... INCREDABLE! I mean, WOW! Just, WOW! You are the most talented writer! This is like a novel or something! ...There's just so much thought behind it and...and... I said wow didn't I?

*leaves totally in awe*

YOU ROCK! :D
AllyrienDM chapter 20 . 10/16/2002
Wheeeeeeee! The chapter! And I was right! I was sooooooooo right!
oneblackvoice chapter 20 . 9/18/2002
Well Must say I have really enjoyed reading this fic and I must comendend you for sticking with your writing despite all of the ups and down of you own life as well as with the changes that fanfic has put many authors through. The site has crashed more times than a amtrack train with a drunk conductor. I really like he direction you are taking with the Lila and Brainy character. That is just too cute to pair the lonely poor girl with the rich lonely guy they have more in comman than not. That is just sweet and heart warming.

Althought I really must say what I am more interested in is the dynamics of Helga family. Those will be the chapters that will be the real challange.

Take Big Bob a shallow and insecure individual whose only saving grace is his ambition. He enjoys winning but didn't seem to know when and where to draw the line between right and wrong. Does he only love Olga because she is good at everything and is perfect in all ways to him? The way he ingnores his wife is a sin. Was she once a reflection of Olga that has grown older and tried of trying or was there honest and true love in thier relationship once? Does he treat Helga so poorly becuase he is a jerk or is it that he see reflection of all his faults in her? Helga's no dummy she has brains but she defantly lacks people skills just like her dear old dad but Helga knowns the the difference between speaking her mind and being mean and vicous.

Miriam ( I guess that is how you spell her name, please forgive my spelling I was never hooked on phonics ) there is an interesting character. I often wonder was raising Olga that big a chore?or is she simply worn out from her marriage to Big Bob. What if any feeling does she have for her second daughter? She seems to to want to establish a relationship with her daughter but she take a hands off approach. She gives Helga so much independence that Helga pratically raises herself. Helga doesn't have a high opinion of her and Miriam doesn't seem to care or doesn't know what to do. A women that send her child to school with a powerbar for lunch or is sleep 75% of the times when her daughter needs her she has issuse. If Olga never cooked no-one would eat. I wonder if she suffers from chronic fatique syndrome, or is it depression or maybe she has given up on life and is a shell of the person she used to be.

I like the way you made Olga a little softer and more personable, althought she is not my favorite character I think she has a lot to give to the story. Although I am weary of anyone that sit to comfortably on the mantle of perfection I think she trys to keep an illusion of perfection for fear that reality is to harsh to gaze upon. Or maybe she is just that good at everything and lives for the adulation of others maybe she is that needy. I am sure Olga has no idea how smart Helga is or how strong her personality is or how she copes with family life knowing she is less than perfect in the eyes of her family. I sure she wonders how she does it.

I think the Pataki family fasicinates us all because we can understand every family save theirs. From the rich such as Ronda and Roberto and now Brainy we get them they are rich they spoil and pamper their kids. To the traditional like Stinky, Herold and Sid and Geraldo where you have a role and you fit in, to the non-traditional like Arnold and Iggy where you find your own space to the cross cultural like Phebe they ( their family units) all love their kid execpt the Patakis. They never seem to expess any amount of love just anger and ambition and in Olga case aloft kindness.

I would love to see more of Mr. Simmons in the fic. He seems to represent every teacher in everyones life that tried to make us learn and think and create inspite of ourselves. He knows that Helga is capable of wonderful thoughts and emotions and despite being afraid of Big Bob he might make a good mediator for Olga and her family.

Well this is were I end this because 1) this is way too much time for an adult to analyize Hey Arnold 2) I think this has to qualify as the longest review in the history of mankind 3) I should really do something else beside play with my computer all day.

I look forward to you need chapter and if it is anything like the last I know it well be great. TTFN
puppiescute a.k.a. Mic Mic chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
It's good I really hope Brainy and HElga DON'T get together

See Ya!

_~

Mic Mic
BLFBH chapter 20 . 9/14/2002
I WANNA HAVE THIS FINISHED SO WHY ARENT YOU UPDATING I'M GOING INSANE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE IT'LL TAKE TO MUCH TIME TO SAY EVERYTHING SO JUST DO IT SOON!

Okay, tht's out. You get the point.
Sleather Chonkers is being lazy and devine chapter 20 . 8/30/2002
Once again you've done your job well Nfnat. A nice well crafted chapter , Brainy's journal entry was touching in some aspects. His thoughts on sacrifices really move me.I also loved how he remarked on kissing her in his entry , I then wen't a re read my last review where I stated " it would'nt hurt to kiss her damnit!" now I know it will ruin Ned into this chapter was also a very creative touch which I enjoyed.

I also have to say I found Brainys mathamatical solution when it came to music tastes highly amusing. I have to say though that Brainy is still being rather dense. I mean Lila used to date Arnie who was what? three times creepier then Brainy! If anything Lila had shown that she is not shallow and that sort of thing dos'nt matter to her.

Something strange occured to me , when I read your story I do not see the image of Brainy that appears in the series. Rather , I see a handsome young man with glasses and curly light hair.. how odd.

One slight critism , the montages involeing the other groups were a little bit confusing. Other then that it was well written and perfect. I very nearly squeled when Brainy said to Lila "I told you I was a masochist" that line was so subtle and adorable.

I think our heroe's should by tissues in jumbo value packs , they've gone through what.. twenty boxes by now?
zali chapter 20 . 8/28/2002
OW!

I'm getting excited more, and MORE!

It is so "kilig"! (hope you know what that means)

I just couldn't wait for the next chapter! Though, i must say that you were'nt concentrating on the narrations, but no prob! That's exactly the way i write especially when i'm in a boring class. Is it a monologue or a dialogue?

Dunno! Not really listening to my dull and lifeless English teacher!

Anyway, wanna ask you, if you're not a girl... then what are you? (just kidding!)

I'm telling you, if i didn't have exams i would have posted my own stories but got caught up and i don't have time to type! I desperately need a secretary!

Anyway, gotta go! I'm roast chicken if i don't finish this up!(you get my drift...)
selement chapter 20 . 8/24/2002
Great chapter! Hmm...that song could be interesting, maybe I'll download it. Lila's not going to make a habit of hitting Olga or something is she? It's always good to see developments between Lila and Brainy, I'm just wondering when they'll admit it, or will they wait untill after the project so their relationship doesn't get in the way?
278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »