Reviews for Dumb Luck
Dr.Zimmerman chapter 3 . 4/18
AHhhh. Even though I think It is quite sad that he moved on with his life... from Atlantis and everyone from the expedition. I just have to say. It was really nice to see an another POV of how things could have ended or developed.

And have to admit, he really DO fit in the normal life as well and he have really earned it. He's sacrified to much..(Okay now u probably think...jesus man! He ain't real...But to be honest for me Sheppard and Atlantis/SG-1 had an great impact on me while growing up..So yeah its very important/real.)

And glad there are people who is willingly to write and share their POV and story.

Sorry for my gabble :D
mkoepp63026 chapter 3 . 2/22
Ok this was hard to review. On the one hand it is very well written. I love all stories that have Dave in them because the relationship is important to John. I read the entire story because I wanted to know what happened to John and his friends but for me the storyline was disappointing. I feel that even with his injury there should have been some way for John to stay on Atlantis,he was Mensa after all,lol. I cried buckets when I read the letters that John wrote to his friends. While this was a good story to me it went way off of the SGA feel.
Sarachan chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
I really don't know if I want to continue reading, this is just too sad. Makes me think he'll never see home again.
Terry Kay chapter 3 . 2/1/2014
Very, very good! Thank you!
cmtaylor531 chapter 3 . 9/24/2013
I enjoyed every minute of this story but at the same time it leaves a bitter taste. It's hard to accept John anywhere but Atlantis. Still great job though.
SGAmvmm chapter 3 . 3/2/2012
i hope there is a sequel.. I love this story.. John can both be happy in atlantis and earth... Thank you.. )
clerical medical chapter 3 . 9/21/2011
Wow, I really had to break out the Kleenex on this one. I have really mixed feelings about the direction you took the story, but you wrote it so plausibly I found myself carried along. Is there a sequel?
blueyblonde chapter 3 . 11/28/2010
i love it
Target Zero chapter 3 . 7/26/2010
What an awsome story! Although I'm sad it's done. I wished you could give us one more chapter were John tells David about Atlantis and everything. Wonderful story. Well done!
DeathSidhe chapter 3 . 6/16/2010
ah darn..I wanted to see daves reaction the aliens and stuff ...bummer lol
formertrekker chapter 3 . 5/6/2010
I sorry but it's obvious why there arn't more reviews,most of us can't see any way John would give in this fast. I can see him developing his realationship with David but not leaving Atlantis, not when he still had so much to give just with his gene and besides there is not that much physical effort in flying Jumpers. Not to say you didn't produce a very powerful story I just can't see it ending this way.A cubicle..NOT!
brainchild chapter 3 . 5/2/2010
oh my goodness. why do you only have twenty-nine reviews for this story? It's so brilliantly done. The details and the relationships and the growth in the characters was subtle and powerful. I think that the relationship between the brothers was terribly compelling. The scene with them going to the playhouse was probably my favorite, just for that moment when John remembered that his father hadn't even bought popcorn. And yet you managed to make even Patrick Sheppard relateable, with Claire saying he wasn't perfect, but he was trying his best.

I loved Lorne, and I loved Lorne learning about John through interaction with the team. I loved the team. And the letters John sent were painful yet wonderful.

Great, great job.
neptune60 chapter 3 . 5/1/2010
I did enjoy this and you are a great writer but I could never see John walk away from Atlantis so easily. His team are his family and Atlantis was his home. I also could never see him taking a desk job. I'm surprised he wasnt allowed to stay on Atlantis as an advisory as his ATA gene is still invaluable to them. I liked that he developed a good relationship with his brother but John is just to different from Dave to ever be happy sitting behind a desk.
cimmer chapter 3 . 5/1/2010
Excellent story and very believable. I like stories with Dave and John. It's also nice to see so much of Lorne. Thanks so much
MissingShep chapter 3 . 4/30/2010
Really loved reading this story. Very different and unique. I liked the brother interactions, but too much shopping. It was a little off for Shep. Again, I really liked reading the story and couldn't stop thinking about it til the next chapter. You write very well. I just can't imagine Shep leaving Atlants seemingly so easily. He cut off ties pretty quick and completely with his team that were basically his family. There was no communications between either of them. Even in the show Rodney keeps in touch with his sister. It was like they just wrote him off. He settled down pretty quick with what seemed with little frustration and didn't even think too much about Rodney, Ronon or Teyla. He was pretty down and out because of the injury, but for anyone I would feel he'd be depressed about losing everything: his job, his family, his wings, his home. He didn't seem to think back on any of it. I felt like his team couldve tried some contact, instead I felt like they cut him out pretty quick. I, also, don't see Shep settling down to his desk job. Overall, it was a bittersweet story. Enjoyed reading it, but held out for something so Shep could go back to his life. I think I missed more of his team dynamic playing a bigger role. I hope you write more and I will continue to read your stories because I do enjoy them!