Reviews for Crimson and White
aggy's mangopulp chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
That was very fun to read, it kept me grinning the whole time. It was incredibly interesting and the tense but awkward situation for Masumi made me smirk at his bad luck. I really like Heianzan's perverse masochism and how they tore at Masumi like wolves. I absolutely love awkward, hateful arguments hahaha.

I especially like how you backed up the theory for the invitations of random people. At first I thought, Oh dear it's another "let's pit all the hateful characters together and make a dramatic scene with an unrealistic happy ending!", but it kept me really interested and it actually made sense and became enlightening when I got to the end. It's not an "oh, that was an awkward night" kind of situation where you realise that the author just wanted to create a scene without a backstory.

I'm happy that I ignored my first thought and read it until the end. It's an incredibly good read :)
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
3 words: YOU. ARE. AWEWSOME.

Hugs and Kisses, YF, ALIXIA :) :) :)
MangoMania chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I can't believe I haven't read anything of yours, what with me being a huge Masumi x Maya fan!

I think you captured them spot on and I thourougly enjoyed the ending!

Your writing is fast-paced yet well-written and contemplating. I thought for sure you were from the US or UK, but you're actually from the same country as me!

Vad är oddsen liksom O.O

Anyhow, I'll be looking forward to reading your other (superb, I have no doubt) stories despite having a math test tomorrow which I haven't studied at all for. Oh well, you only live once! ;)

Sofia
Towards the sun chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Well i have to admit that when i read this i just couldnt stop comparing your masumi and miuchi's masumi (think of this as a complement). I thought: wow, is masumi really THIS messed up? *and then began to think the real masumi in the GNK manga*. Oh well, i also notice that each of your story seems to have its own procurring theme (you probably think: duh) like its sort of mirroring your own mood when you write it. But i guess because it is a FANfiction mind, that is a common occurrence. In other words, "Love your works, Baybeh! Keep going...!"
moribayashi chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
hi,

just wanna ask if Crimson and Gold will be ready anytime soon.. [would love to read it]
blucross chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Love your story. Well written, funny and suspenseful.
ophelietta chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Whoo! I think I read this a while ago, but I never got the chance to review, oh woe is me...

As always, I enjoyed seeing the different ways you tackle things, like choosing to write about one of those high tension, high drama dinner parties where people politely pass the salt while speaking daggers and entire emotional histories get mercilessly dragged into the light. Sadistic? Why, indeed! Fun? Very much so! For a series about drama, and the weird, funky relationship between art and life, this scripted, explosive dinner - and that last conversation between Masumi and Heianzan - just seems to fit so well and raises some fascinating points about the reader's own relationship with the work of art, and the sadistic desire for "pure conflict", whether a manga or a play or a fic... ;D

Other please points: quoting my favourite lines from The Tempest (summer classes, you are good for something after all!), your portrayal of Ayumi (Ayumi and Maya! BURNING RIVALS FOREVER yes I will stop now), Mizuki's Masumi-breakdown (always fun), and also your use of Heianzan - he seems like the exact kind of theater-obsessed eccentric that would populate the Glass Mask world. And it's fantastic to see Masumi MEETING HIS MATCH. Put Heianzan and Ayumi together, they are the necessary catalyst for change. Traumatizing as the experience is, it's all for the best! :D

Also, I might be really bent in that I find the highlarious element of sadomasochism in Maya and Masumi's relationship REALLY HOT. :D
negar chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Hi Obscureineurope

I knew I was falling in love with this story while reading it, and the moment I finished reading, I knew I had to write a review about it. I thought I would do it when I have enough time to write a review in details. I still haven't found that time. But I have to let you know this story is pure drama. In my opinion, it is one of the best of your works. The thing about your stories is they are like a feast. I attend, I enjoy and I leave satisfied, and although I know those are "to be continued", I’m not left with cliffhangers. It's your thing to make us want more, without suffering!

As I said before, I love your writing style. It's witty and in proper details(details that readers are interested in.) You do seem to love characters and you remain true to the characters you've made, every time you enter them into the story.

You Stripped poor Masumi little by little until he was completely naked in front of everybody, but at the end, after the first shock of seeing him naked, all of them came to believe that he was actually not naked but was wearing a new suit which they didn’t know he possessed! But us readers, know he was actually naked! That was pure ecstasy.

And have I mentioned I LOVE what you do with words?

I'm sorry I didn't tell you of what I thought about your story earlier, as I enjoyed it tremendously and I simply had this responsibility to show my gratitude.

I'm eagerly Looking forward to read more and more of your Glass Mask stories.

Negar
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I'm becoming such a fan of your Glass Mask fics. I love the way they're written and I know there are some OC elements to your Masumi, but in a weird sort of way, I really like the fit. It kind of wraps around my vision of him and I find it just lovely. Maya and Masumi are one of those legendary couples out there for me and you grabbed onto it. ) Hope to see more!
Justonereason chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
my, another deep story, i'm glad i put you as my favorite author. But you said it will take 45 minutes to read? well, since i read it while working i actually need 7 hours and 5 minutes to read it. And i love it.

i like the way masumi tried to convince Maya to keep hate him. so good.

as always , this is my fave line in this story:
Misunderstandings are the food of one-sided love, I suppose.

Keep the great work!
Devilishduck chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Uwahaha! I can't wait to read this :D

Oh! It's a PURPLE envelope. Oh, nvm, it's not HIM...

"and spilling wine down someone's cleavage…" LOL

Maya's friends are so awesomely...organized ;)

"the whole shebang" xD

ROFL - I 3 Masu-Maya banter! Especially when you write it so well!

"showing off his high quality dentures" LOL - AWESOME DETAIL

Masumi's revenge on Mizuki is so...boyish! xD

"You have a solution right under your nose." [...] "Not me!" Nyha!

"leaving a stain on my shirt," he tapped at his heart, "right here." 0_0 WHAT A PERFECT LINE! UWAH!

KYHAHA! MASUMIS SPEECH ON LOVE! EPPIC!

"You're not evil; you're just clumsy!" The choice of word's there prefectly portrayed Maya's cute naiveness :)

Uwah - so awesome!

**I'm not sure that you used magnanimous in the right context...I believe it's used more to describe a person's actions (though I love the word, it's so CinderellA like! :D)

I throughally enjoyed reading this! I absolutley adored this OC Masumi, and the depth at which you explained the most deep and confusing emotions of the protagonists. I gotsta say, i'm also thankful for your updates, and half a year was worth the wait for this incredible...masterpiece!

btw, thanks for the new vocab (hubris, macabre, etc)

I'm also hoping for a sequel! ;)

Once more, an FANTABULOUS fic, full of humour, well written, and enrapturing.

'Can't wait for more!
CeciliaP chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Life is truly the greatest play, so full of conflict, humor, love, and despair. Your OC has definitely got my vote for one of the most entertaining OCs in fanfiction. Every gesture he made was to allow him to have the best seat in the play w/ having to participate and isn't that we readers do. This fic was full of turns that left me nose close to the screen. Your interpretation of Masumi is definitely that of a fan as you potray the Masumi who is more prone to slipups that simply beg Maya to finally realize the truth, instead of that of the author. Still, thank you so much for entertaining me so fruitfully for this past hour. Thank you for all your hard work and effort and I hope that you will soon write another story. May you blessed with happiness and joy that you will forever be able to come up with these absolutely lovely little plots.
pheecat chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I'm really torn on how to review this; I absolutely loved the first 90%, because it had your trademark wit and banter between Maya and Masumi. There were moments I was hopeful that maybe, somehow, Maya would finally understand that Masumi loves her. Or, if Maya didn't get it, surely one of the more astute observers would realize it. But...at the end, it felt a little bit like the relationship had only improved a tiny bit. On the one hand I shouldn't say that because their relationship has become more honest. I guess my disappointment is in wondering what happens next...and that it still seems so far away before Maya and Masumi will have a romantic relationship. Don't get me wrong, you write wonderfully and make Maya and Masumi much better (I think) than in the manga-but because you make them click on so many levels, it makes me all the more hopeful that they'll finally have a genuine, romantic relationship-and so when that isn't where you take it as an author, I'm a bit disappointed-so near and yet so far, as it were. Nonetheless, I really do enjoy your characterizations and how you make the characters come alive. I hope you'll keep writing your Maya/Masumi fics, as they're well done, even if they don't fully go in the direction I'm wishing for. Perhaps Masumi's love being revealed now, would have been too abrupt; it would clash with the pacing of this and your other stories. Actually, what I do hope is that you'll continue your Glass Mask stories until you get to the point where a confession and relationship fit with the pacing, and actually happen. Because, at some point I'd love to read one of your stories where Maya not only realizes that Masumi loves her madly, but she feels the same way. :)
Cathy Daine chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Thank you so much for this story! I've thoroughly enjoyed all your previous works and this one was certainly up to par with the rest. The humour in your stories has me laughing enough to make people think I'm a tad bit crazy but it's so very very worth it! You've managed magnificently to keep the characters true to the original ones while continuing to build on them, making them even richer and real to the reader. This story has really made my day! I would love a sequel to this to see how Hayami deals with this new shift in his and Maya's relationship. Keep up the good work!