Reviews for Madness of the Sun
Dn chapter 1 . 6/7
Amazing, I loved it! great job
Icy-Windbreeze chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Beautiful one-shot! I'm very impressed with the insights from Himeko's perspective.
KeiFujino chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
its very good story :D
LunarMiko07 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Wow this is really good. I like seeing Himeko's POV in it all.
Gnarled Bone chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
This is hauntingly beautiful. It's almost frightening with how much it makes sense. Bravo.
Angelsheart85 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
i am speechless! The most beautiful story dedicated to them!

Thank you!
PatientNumber10 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Yoh, Dezo, you probably don't remember me with your fans and the fact that it's been two years since I've really chatted with you. XD

Ehh... So, yeah. I just finished reading the latest Amnesian, and I kind of missed KnM, so I tried to re-read some fanfics about it and what I immediately remembered was this story. I scrolled through my favorite stories and was surprised that "Madness of the Sun" was not in it. So I searched for it, you know just to revisit this wonderfully terrifying story.

Although I have to admit, I didn't really understand some of it back then. But now I feel so overwhelmed. It's kind of intimidating to have you in the same fandom, but it really drives me to write something better. Not that your works are not awesome enough, it just adds some fuel into my...competitiveness. :)

Anyway, this fic is one of my most favorite KnM fic you've written. It was very, very well-written and so well thought out, even for a Himeko fanboy. XD

And I hope you're not getting me wrong here, I am a fan of your's (well, technically, just your KnM fics, since I don't know your other fandoms, hahah), but since you write so good, I want to be able to surpass you. I hope I can someday, you're still too high up to reach. And I hope you get more inspiration for KnM fics, I'm missing your stories here. :D
Kelsey Pearl chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Excellent. I like how you showed Himeko's point of view for events that happened.
fan-rei chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
i would never have thought of that but there is some kind of sense this way.

still one episode i hated most.
YukiGuni chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This is a beautiful exploration of Himeko's character. You did an amazing job illustrating their deep seeded trauma. As a Psychology major this really made sense, great job.
Wicked Hermit chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Wow. Just... wow.

I decided to reread this fic, after you reviewed my oneshot (thank you very much, by the way!), and I am struck by the profound insight that you have gifted us readers into the mind of manga!Himeko.

Her willingness to shake it off was definitely more powerful in the manga than in the anime, and that's why most people are so disgusted by KnM - why would the victim love her rapist? But they forget that there is a backstory to all this - the hundreds of lives lived before.

Also interesting - you hinted that before the timeline of the KnM series, the lives before had no romance between Chikane or Himeko, although it's obvious that both believed that the other wasn't interested.

Sorry for rambling . I just really love this. Thank you for writing for the fandom~
Yuri-hime chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Wow. Amazing, deep, and powerful~
Jen-chan-shaw chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
This was the first KnM fanfic that I've read in years, and it was absolutely FANTASTIC - a hauntingly powerful look into Himeko's mind.

I had forgotten that it was not the Lunar Priestess who spent eternity in solitude in prior incarnations, but rather, the Solar Priestess who made the ultimate sacrifice (and, very likely, the Solar Priestess who *usually* makes the ultimate sacrifice, as you so eloquently point out). I think this explains Himeko's passive personality very well in an endless chicken-and-the-egg sort of way.

I very much enjoyed the way you built up the chapter, culminating into last lines that packed a very strong emotional whollap. Well done!

Jimbobob5536 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
...that's kind of twisted... in that it makes way too much sense.

Very cool.
Hanyankana chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Incredible and beautifully written story. An introspective that allow us to see the secrets and shadows hidden in the psyche of Himeko, wich also helps to cover the "how's" that were left unexplored in the manga/anime and shows the depths of her feelings and commitment towards Chikane. Not only that, but shows aswell the hell that only she has experienced by being locked in the moon shrine.

And points out one of the many differences between the anime and the manga; in the manga, they willingly submit to their destiny while in the anime they are forced to do it.

And Himekos most effective weapon against Chikane: a kiss. What a sweet way of saying "shut up"! At least she did learn something this time around.

Im really glad that you chose the manga version instead of the anime, only you can write such powerful insight of an -otherwise- understimated character.

I have read and enjoyed many Kannazuki no miko stories, but this one is definitely my favorite.

Once again, incredible.