Reviews for Letters from the Vigil
Zepheera chapter 8 . 5/10/2010
I am greatly enjoying this story, but I seem to have come across a road block. Chapter 7 doesn't seem to ah... be there? anymore.
leogrl19 chapter 9 . 5/6/2010
Man, I'm out for a few days, and you've already finished the story - why am I NOT surprised?

Of course, I'm sad that people were lost in the final battle, esp. Velanna (who I really know nothing about, except people keep comparing her to Morrigan, which means she's a vat of awesome sauce), but the ending where the triumphant, battle scarred hero is marching home (with their son) to his love is just great to imagine and the PERFECT ending! I also love the 'put aside this note and look to your window' bit; that's another thing I'd like to sketch out, I think...

GREAT story! Loved every bit of it to the very end! :D
LeliMor29 chapter 9 . 5/6/2010
These letter are really fun to read!

Cant wait till the next adventure story!
Ladyamesindy chapter 9 . 5/6/2010
Ah, Zev ... for as much of an assassin as he would make us all believe he is, deep down he's the best! D
Ladyamesindy chapter 8 . 5/5/2010
You know, I would be interested in a story where both Alistair and Leliana are reacting to these letters that they receive from Aedan ... either together, or apart or perhaps both depending on which letters they are reacting to ... something to think about?
Ladyamesindy chapter 7 . 5/4/2010
Wonderful as always! Keep up the great work!
leogrl19 chapter 6 . 5/3/2010
AW! I have to admit, I was worried too when Aedan stopped receiving letters from Leliana, but I'm SO glad that it was only because Riordan's a budding lil artist! She wasn't mad at him - YAY!

It truly is amazing how much you can get out of these letters, and it's only a bonus that they're so intimate and things one might not say aloud in other circumstances.

More; more, I say! :D
Ladyamesindy chapter 6 . 5/3/2010
I really like this ... "interlude"? ... It makes the rest of it seem so much more real! Different perspectives help emphasize Aedan's views and such. Nicely done! (Though I am sitting here trying to visualize just where Aedan is right now! I've only started the game once and not gotten very far! Oops!)

Keep it up! Great job!
SidheKate chapter 5 . 4/30/2010
I love that your tone shifted back and you refocused on the new relationships, just like the game does. With the tunnels reaching to Amaranthine, one really does wonder where else they go. And hurray for attaching reports!
leogrl19 chapter 5 . 4/30/2010

You already know that I love the letter format, but I'm SO glad you continued it! I have yet to play Awakenings, but the way this is written, there's really no concern for serious spoilers (not that I'd really care either way) and it also invites people like me into the story, despite not knowing the events themselves.

I'm also such a sucker for Aedan's letters to Leliana! Don't get me wrong: I love the one's to Alistair's too, but they tend to be mostly business (with a few brotherly jokes), while you see the heart of our hero when he writes to his love. It's also really fun as much as frustrating that we do not see what Leliana says back: you have to piece it back together, almost, with what Aedan says back to her - it's like playing a good mystery! Adding Luke's little bit to Leliana was a nice touch as well.

I knew I would love this, but I'll say it as well: this story is wonderful! Please continue! :)
Ladyamesindy chapter 5 . 4/30/2010
oho! a plot for a new story emerges ...? Perhaps. I would be most curious to see what may be hiding beneath Denerim ... though I must admit, as soon as i read it all kinds of ideas started popping into my head for such adventures!

Alistair: "Hmm, now I wonder where THAT secret passageway leads to?"

LeliMor29 chapter 4 . 4/29/2010
wow Im really enjoying the letters!

Keep it up!
Ladyamesindy chapter 4 . 4/29/2010
Thank you for adding a note from Luke! I was going to ask when he might be participating in the letter writing! D

Well done... though heavier subjects, I think it gets the feel of the game across ... am I the only one who hasn't finished the run through of Awakenings because it's so darned ... depressing?

Great job!
Snafu1000 chapter 2 . 4/27/2010
I like this method. You've definitely got Aedan's voice down, and the difference in tone between his letters to Alistair and Leliana is nicely done!
Ladyamesindy chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I like this take on things. I believe your letter approach will be a unique look into the adventures - leaving just enough gaps for people to use their imaginations, yet give enough information to guide them in the right direction! Well done!