Reviews for Twist of Fate
lestempschangent chapter 67 . 5/9
Wow! This whole story has been a whirlwind! I came upon your fanfiction account by accident, and let me say, it is one of the most fortuitous accidents I have ever had!

I have read many, many, MANY HP/TR fics which I have loved and cherished immensely. Yet, this fic of yours is definitely, without a doubt, my new favorite. I loved and enjoyed reading every single chapter of this epic fic. I think the pace is perfect, and I enjoy the mixed in point of views for different characters. I completely agree with you that building the plot and the world is very important and it pays off in the end since the story is so much more interesting and meaningful.

Seriously, I love everything about this fic. I absolutely adore everything about Harry - his personality, his morals, his upbringing, his heroic nature, his innocence, his "pigheadedness," as Tom calls it - just everything about him. And don't even get me started on Tom. TOM. Your Tom in this fic is by far the best and most realistic and in-character TMR that I have ever read. Tom was born under the influence of the strongest love potion in the magical world, and even though he has had Harry by his side, he still is completely incapable of feeling love. Maybe people don't seem to understand that? In fact, if Tom became truly affectionate and loving with Harry, I honestly think I would be a bit miffed. That's just not who he is!

Yet, indeed, I do believe that Tom cares deeply for Harry in his own way, as you have said many times. After all, Tom protects Harry despite being very unhappy about it. And when he looked into the mirror of Erised, he saw Harry standing by his side. Harry was looking at him worshipfully, but still, he was there. So I think it's safe to say that Tom has formed an attachment to Harry that will never be broken. I am looking forward to how Tom's perceptions regarding will change in the future - especially with how the slash between them will commence. Tom knows any relationship they have will not be incest, but Harry doesn't. It's very intriguing.

I just cannot express how much I love the dynamic between Harry and Tom in this fic. Surely their relationship is extremely abusive and, well, messed up, but that's only natural, in my opinion. Though some may question why Harry still puts up with Tom in spite of everything, I think it is only a given. After all, Harry firmly believes that he is Tom's twin brother. He grew up with Tom and feels safe with him. He knows Tom better than anyone else could ever hope for, and he still loves Tom anyway.

I myself have a twin brother, so I think I understand a little bit. No matter what happens, and no matter how much fighting happens between the two, they will always be connected. They don't even have to be nice to each other. They don't ever have to say the words "I love you," to know that they share a bond that's unbreakable. It's brotherhood.

And, while I am definitely looking forward to the slash (between Harry and Tom, or Harry and Alphard, or Harry and Abraxas... I could go on), I honestly wouldn't mind if there was no slash at all. The adventure and plot of the story are good enough on their own to hold my attention and have me begging for more. (Although I do really want slash, so please include that as well!)

I mean, Harry has already been on so many adventures! He has already discovered so many things! I remember I really started loving this fic while reading the scene where Harry gets stuck in the portraits. I think it was at that moment that I just had to keep reading and couldn't stop.

And the whole Norway arc is one of my favorites as well. With Harry and Tom working together on adventure, having to kill to survive, neither of them able to use magic, only relying on each other to make it through... I absolutely loved every moment.

And, there are still so many unanswered questions! Does Antares of the future go to the lost city of Atlantis to where the Sands of Time are? Is that the "fluff" that he's breathing in? Why is that worrying for Santi? And why does Santi never show up to see Harry again? Or did I misinterpret that somehow? (You don't actually have to tell me the answers to these questions, I am looking forward to learning them through your writing in the future!)

I am also really looking forward to the meeting between Harry, Tom, and Grindelwald, as well as countless other things. Like how Harry now has Fawkes, or Godric Gryffindor, at his beck and call! And I hope that at some point in the future Harry actually DOES revive Salazar Slytherin so that he can show Tom what's up. I can just imagine his stunned expression now... I do so love it when Tom is surprised by something Harry does.

Honestly, I could go on forever. However, I will stop now, since I am sure you have better things to do than to read my ramblings. Still, there's just one more thing:

I read in your profile that you have not abandoned any of your stories. That was updated in 2016, so I hope it's still true. So, please, please, please tell me that you are not giving up on this story. It is just too good not to continue.

This is the sort of story that kept me up at night thinking about all the possibilities. I would keep reading into the night to get just that bit farther - to learn just that bit more - and indeed, I know that I will be thinking about this story long after now when I have finished reading everything you have posted. It's just that sort of story.

So, please, please do not stop writing! I am willing to wait as long as it takes for you to update. In fact, take your time! I understand that real life is crazy and busy and hectic and fanfiction is not as important. I just hope that one day I will be able to read the entirety of this story as you seem to have planned it out. Indeed, I am sure there's a lot more! We haven't even reached part II yet!

Well, whether or not you do decide to continue this, I would like you to know that I have enjoyed reading every word, and I would like to thank you for sharing this story with the world. Thank you for writing! Thank you for the countless pages and pages and pages of entertainment.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
It is really the most interesting and fabulous ff, I have ever read.
It really makes me sad though that this ff may be abondended.
Plz, do update
blackbloodywolf chapter 67 . 4/19
This took so long to read but I'm glad I did it, great story
Smile Like a Kat chapter 67 . 4/18
I know you said in your bio that no matter how many years passed none of your stories would be abandoned, but it doesn't look like you're planning on continuing this. Which is a true shame because this story is my absolute favorite I've read. It's got such depth and detail to it that I couldn't put it down. I do really hope you come back to it someday soon.
A patient fan chapter 1 . 4/9
Yo. Hey um... It be real cool if you'd let us know if this is abandoned or not. I mean, I started reading this in high school and I'm a college student now and... It's just been a long time. And I'm incapable of completely letting go of this story until it's status is given to me. So um... It be real great if I didn't have to keep holding on. Either cut me loose or give me hope, but this in the middle suspension isn't all that hot. It wouldn't even be all that hard. Just let us know:

Abandoned/Not Abandoned

Please don't circle both lol
This is my second time reading this fic through. I really like your work. I know there's probably not a huge chance that you're going to read this, but I really hope you go on to write more. You have a real gift.
Miss C Riddle chapter 67 . 2/10
Well, I've spent all of my spare time in the past two weeks reading this beauty of a fic. It's just so well written! The plot is so intricately woven, I can hardly wait for more, the hints of Harry's impending doom via "The Vessel", the way he is slowly blooming into a titan in his own right, the hints we've seen of his future as Antares. I just love it, it's one of those rare stories that utterly steals your breath at its majesty.
Looking forward to more!
~MissCRiddle
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 1/29
Awesome chapter and plot and amazing idea
Hi, i don't know if you will ever read this, I just want to know that I absolutely admire you for writing this story. It' s so incredibly detailed, especially the historical background and the way you described it impressed me. You really breathed life in it, I could imagine living there and standing beside Harry and Tom. Also the little character studies of smaller characters are awesome, it's all so detailed ! You managed to give me an impression of how it might have felt to live in fear of dying of a bomb- you gave the facts written in history books for class a context and made me realise the reality , the meaning of it, instead of just seeing the words and memorizing them without deeper meaning. And to top it all of, not only is the story exciting and greaat in content, but it's also written really well! Just want to thank you for sharing this amazing story:)
Kurohimenyan chapter 67 . 1/22
Still waiting for an update for this fic. One of the best HP Fic. huhu
Faery66 chapter 67 . 1/21
Hope to read more soon.

Dπ$
dannyshao2013 chapter 53 . 1/19
This story is amazing
bloodedlife94 chapter 67 . 1/4
God! yes you! is this fix abandoned or is there still hope for us?
Eaze chapter 45 . 12/25/2016
I'm sure this story's is very good but I have to say I can't stand Harry being soooo WEAK while Tom is a genius. It just doesn't seem right and it's very fake and forced when Tom puts up with Harry's imbecile behaviour. You could've made Harry's magic level at least SIMILAR to Tom's. I don't recommend this fic.
Myscast chapter 49 . 12/20/2016
Breathtaking. I devoured it.
Myscast, your French reader.
4,008 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »