Reviews for Return of the Yellow Dragon: Part I
FacetiousKitten chapter 33 . 10/9/2015
Right when Taka puts his hand on Reishun's arm and realizes who she is, you wrote something like "chest? check please" that I assume was a reminder to yourself in a rough draft to check on the location of Nuriko's kanji. Yes, it was on her chest, up around her collarbone. During Nuriko's first appearance in the anime's third or fourth episode, she pulls down her collar and reveals it.

This is really just a fantastic story, even though I'm pretty damn shocked about Miaka's... er, what happened. (Trying to avoid spoilers just in case some uncultured swine peruses reviews before reading the actual story!) I really like stories that, however heart wrenching the scenes might be, touch on how hard it must be for the reincarnated seishi to sort through their feelings and memories from their previous lives. Reishun's and Eian's struggles are completely understandable, poor things.

Can't wait to see what's in store for me in Part II!
FacetiousKitten chapter 32 . 10/9/2015
"Miaka..." "Taka..." - I got it instantly! And I can't blame you, either, teehee. As for the rest of the chapter, AAAAHHHH!
FacetiousKitten chapter 30 . 10/9/2015
AUGH! WHAT IS HAPPENING

I love all your scenes with Taka and Tasuki. Those two tickle me to no end, especially Tasuki. He's such a precious, goofy little meathead. :)
FacetiousKitten chapter 29 . 10/8/2015
"... And now he felt, and probably looked, like a particularly hyperactive old lady" - just one of many great, way too funny lines in this chapter. I have to say, though, that I'm way more upset about the first section than I thought I would be. T-T
FacetiousKitten chapter 20 . 7/20/2015
I love all of your notes at the end. It adds to the historical fantasy feel of the story. Also you are giving me some great sources for my own FY longfic.

Thus far, I think you're doing well with Wu Ming/Amefuri. If she's just lost her mentor, it makes sense that she'd be angsty and difficult.
FacetiousKitten chapter 16 . 7/5/2015
Thanks so much for the extra info about pigs and such in ancient Chinese culture! I've been studying Chinese history and culture for my own FushiYuu fic, and it is fascinating. So many inventions originated in China. It's mind boggling. Anyway, I would also assume that they had pens of some sort for their pigs. I just remembered that I mention a chicken coop in my fic, but I have no idea if the Chinese used chicken coops. I don't know if they had stables for their horses, either.

Welp. Looks like I got some stuff to research! Unless you just magically know this stuff already, and wish to enlighten me...

Okay, that had absolutely nothing to do with your story. Sorry! But this chapter was as enjoyable as the rest. I don't mind you deviating from intense, toe-curling, plot-fulfilling stuff if all the dialogue in between is this entertaining. :-)
FacetiousKitten chapter 15 . 7/3/2015
Your Tokaki and Subaru are so perfect. Tokaki is so freaking frustrating! "It's about three feet deep here" had me cackling, though. That jerk! And Tasuki's indignation was done so well. He blows up and wants to hit things, but can't articulate his emotions worth crap. God, I love this story.

One picky thing, though. The sentence starting with "So she knows nothing about who she is" towards the end is worded really strangely. I think you left out a word or two. :-/
FacetiousKitten chapter 13 . 6/26/2015
You really know how to keep a reader on her toes! I am confused and I LIKE IT.
FacetiousKitten chapter 9 . 6/19/2015
Your way with words is awe inspiring. I've had a total crap day, but this story is really helping to cheer me up with phrases like "but in a subtle, leisurely kind of way, like a fat, greedy ass sliding all over a couch to take up all the space he could." I'm also rather fond of "if you travelled with Tasuki, your head soon started to feel like a ping-pong ball." Where do you come up with this stuff? :D
FacetiousKitten chapter 6 . 6/19/2015
The Taka/Tasuki reunion was too damn perfect. And don't feel bad about not knowing how to transliterate his accent into English. I have no clue how to effectively do that in my writing, either. I just kinda go "he gots himself a light Bronx accent" and let the reader figure it out from there. (Anime tends to transliterate those accents into Bronx accents, so, there ya go.)
FacetiousKitten chapter 2 . 6/19/2015
Oh my gosh. Hikari's imagined news headlines totally cracked me up. So did the sentence ending in "a cosmic poke." Your style is just so adorable and whimsical! Considering that, it's so appropriate to end this chapter with "no da!" God, I'm excited to read more of this.
FacetiousKitten chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
Well that was a rather adorable first chapter! Looking forward to reading more. :)
Shizuko Naruzuki chapter 33 . 3/21/2015
I really love this story! Ah, all these surprises and heart-melting moments never cease to amaze me author-san! Please continue writing this wonderful story! Not only me, but the rest of your fans will be cheering on for you! Good Luck! and Keep Going!
MercuryMoon chapter 34 . 11/7/2014
I know you were worried about how Hikari's feelings came across, but I think you nailed it. Her numbness and how she keeps punishing herself was spot on and exactly what I think anyone would do if they had to witness (and take part in) what Hikari had to. The hopelessness of everything just.. seeps through your writing. I love it. It was done so beautifully.

Also. That was so awful that Hikari's time came right after such a traumatic event. I feel so bad. Just want to cuddle her until she feels better! ;o;

I wanted to copy and paste my favorite parts for you but ahhhh. That doesn't seem to work anymore. D: Anyway, it was when she was walking in silence and just punishing herself again and again. And then how she's unaware of Nyan Nyan just.. faithfully following her. Letting her come out of her stupor whenever she's ready. I love how mature and caring Nyan Nyan is being about the whole situation.

I also like how you say her "Hikari's cowardice, or bravado." Too often are they... the same. So good job there! Especially in this situation!

GOOD LUCK ON NANOWRIMO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT UPDATE AHHHHHHHHH.

Please make it soon.
MercuryMoon chapter 33 . 6/26/2013
I'm not really sure what to say about this chapter. I think it's just too emotional. So much stuff going on. It's amazing though. This is definitely one of your best chapters so far. I feel like a lot of what I want to say is something I need to actually discuss with you instead of through a one-sided review.

I definitely cried a few times in this chapter though. I was almost tempted to make my whole review be T_T, but I didn't think you'd be very happy with that. XD

Anyway, I... think you did a really good job with the way the different characters handle grief. It felt so.. poignant.

The interlude with Keisuke and Nakago was much needed. It helped getting through the rest of the chapter easier. But Yui... oh, poor Yui. The chapter is aptly named.

Now update soon! :DD I can't wait to read what happens!