Reviews for The Butterfly's Wings
corrin chapter 1 . 10/21
nice story. minato kicks ass :) Write more like these.
Diverball chapter 1 . 7/31
Nice. The picture of a true Kage. Ruthless, but discriminating. A man who understands that there is a fundamental moral distinction between the innocent and the guilty. A man who understands that great power has to be earned, not gifted. Sarutobi tried to synthesise the philosophies of Hashirama and Tobirama, but I'd say that Minato was the one who got it right.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/22
That was fucking awesome.
TangyCitrus chapter 1 . 5/7
Yeah badass Minato with high intelligence, fairness, knowledge, skills, will, and power.
A happy, bubbling, carefree Naruto who's got his parents, a family, and is living his childhood without a Kyuubi sealed inside him is very nice to see and to picture how different -but possibly similar?- life he will have growing up like this.
Minato's got the village in a tight hold, weeding out or changing the unnecessary, ridding the poison, and lessening all the troublesome, time-consuming paperwork. Can't believe that Nara secretary of his couldn't or wouldn't do what he was told. Tsk-tsk.
Jiraiya, Jiraiya, still practically the same old pervert except now he's bested by his student and is given advice and good options but won't take them for reasons of guilt, self-pity, pride, doubt or all.
Anyone who would try to go against the Village Hidden in the Leaves while Minato is Hokage is beyond foolish, suicidal, and out of their league by far. Even when he retires or is gone, he'd have left wards, seals, and many shinobi to protect, defend, and make Konoha thrive for ages.
Thank you for writing and sharing this!
Take care and have fun!
Reichenfaust chapter 1 . 4/19
I always kne if Minato lived, that he would make Tobirama look like an academy student in technique... He's got a damn good mind for thinking, and inventing. He invented the Rasengan from observations recorded from the bijuu, for Kami's sake! There is nothing that guy wouldn't have been able to do, given time.

Now he truly is the strongest Hokage of them all, even above Hashirama, at least here.
Rakaan chapter 1 . 2/18
Nice story! I don't think I've ever read a good Minato story before. Wish there were more of them that were longer though.
KioshiUshima chapter 1 . 2/5
Minato is a Boss.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
Finally a version of Minato that knows how to be a leader of a village of ninja - someone who is politically astute and realistic as well as immensely powerful. The naivety displayed by the "good guy" canon characters - particularly Sarutobi and Naruto (who can be forgiven because he is young) is nearly criminal. Hope for the best, by all means, but prepare for the worst in terms of other people and their actions/motivations/etc.
thebeautifulbicky chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Can't this become canon? :( it's great.
sparrowhawk13 chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Scary...loved it, but...scary...
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Kishimoto's digging his own grave with all the plotholes he had. Killing characters is his way to save face and justify all the conflicts. I swear he wants Naruto to fix all of it. Leaving all of it to an knucklehead idiot, what is that world coming to?

Still, if this is what happened, the plot might have been much better than canon. I don't think Obito would have survived if Minato hadn't have bigger fish to kill, namely the Kyuubi and protect the village as his priority. Itachi had been too young and without support, alienated by his clan and the village due to his pacifist nature and genius. Danzo wouldn't have gotten his hands on him and Tobi wouldn't have manipulated him to do what he did if he didn't feel such pressure on his shoulders.

Eh, don't got there. I'd hate to have a plot bunny latch out to me. Okay, stop thinking.
lurkingandreblogging chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I do wish that you had gone further into the mechanics of what you hinted at with Minato's overwhelming power. I also think Naruto should have been at least a bit different, seeing as he grew up with a family and 'acknowledgment', but maybe that's just me.

By the way, is Minato permanently in Sage mode or some stronger variant of it? It seemed like you were hinting towards that.

P.S. Please update Will of Fire, Heart of Stone.
Vein's Simply Tired chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Minato is kind of cruel, but a man on his position gotta have a skeleton... or a thousand on the closet

Oh well

Ichiume chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Very interesting. There are way too lil fanfics about Minato as Hokage, so this was a breath of fresh air! Thanks for sharing with us readers! :D