Reviews for Perception is Everything
Milijolumu chapter 42 . 10/29
Hey Kendra!

I have no idea if you still read the reviews on this but i had just discovered your story yesterday and finished it this evening and I simply had to let you know that I loved it. It was a great read and I really enjoyed your style of writing. Even with me not being a native speaker I think I'm able enough to tell horrid writing skills from good ones - you know, those that draw you in and make you forget that you're even reading. (You're the latter, just in case )

You built in some great character development and I felt the story had a great pace to it. I really enjoyed the slow burn and I actually was surprised to see in some of your notes that there were people complaining about that. I don't think a slow pace is anything negative or bad writing - of course it depends on what you do with it - but in your case the story couldn't have developed the way it did if it was more fast paced. All the character development would have felt rushed and weird in my opinion. Especially as Snape is a difficult character who wouldn't quite allow people growing so close to him without resistance. And, as you did put in some faster segments, I think those only got to feel as important because of the slower paced build-up beforehand. Please don't let people change your style of writing - I personally think it's wonderful!

As for the characters, I think you did a great job portraing them and keep them close to their original personalities. I sometimes missed a bit of Snape's snarkiness (even if we was meant to be nice, I don't think he could get rid of his sarcasm) and Harry might have been a bit overly motivated about schoolwork for a teenager at some parts (though I can see the argument of him enjoying all this more once his difficulties with the Dursleys were settled etc. I guess Harry is no normal teenager). But I really loved the way you painted Remus and Tonks (btw I love that bit with the curse that caused her clumsiness!) and I'm really glad that you still included Harrys friends, especially Ron! He too often becomes the annoying clingy friend in other stories who got too many bludgers to the head to realize anything that's going on around him - I always see him as a loyal friend who just wants to do his very best for his friends and loved ones even if he might not be as clever as Hermione or as strong as Harry. And I like your version of Dumbledore as well. It's true that he often turns into either a senile (evil) old man/villain or into an all-knowing saint and doesn't stay human anymore. Of course he's powerful and he might have his ways of knowing more than others, but he is as much a part of all those grey nuances inbetween good and evil as everyone else. I think you managed to capture that.

Also, because that seemed to be an issue somewhere in the middle of the story (and which made me actually read some of the other comments): I find it shocking how many people see it justified to throw rude claims and threats at you, just because you mentioned the possibility of shipping Severus and Remus. First of all - nothing gives anybody the right to attack you (even personally i blieve?) over something that you write in a story which you upload to a platform free for anyone to read (or not to read). Secondly, last time I checked we were living in the 21st century where homosexuality shouldn't even be the question of something you "blieve in" anymore. It's not like people have to first try and experience it themselves before forming an opinion, but people shouldn't act any differently to two men (or women) being in love with each other than they would towards a man and a woman. Honestly, I can't believe that that became an issue...
As for my opinion on the ship: I wouldn't have minded if you had included it. I hadn't thought of it up to that point but I think you could've woven it in easily and without losing the focus on the main arch between Harry and Snape. But I also enjoyed the way you handled it instead. Maybe a friendship would be even more valuable to both of them and I think Remus and Tonks make a great pair anyways. (Loved the little teenage crush of Remus though and how he and Severus got to talk about it.) Also, because I believe i remember someone saying that they don't like romances that happen outside the main arch because they draw the focus away - I believe it's rather the opposite. Allowing the sidecharacters to continue their life while the main plot is happening gives the story more depth - be it romances or new jobs or friendships or whatever. I always enjoy finding little details around the main story that give away what is going on with everybody else. Much like you included the romance between Remus and Tonks - subtle but you could watch it grow on the sideline :)
...However, you did pick my curiosity and I will probably look for Remus/Severus fanfiction after this... It's a pairing that I already enjoy without ever conciously reading a story where it was included and now i wanna know more. Any tips? :P

Anyways, I hope you're even gonna read this "wall of text" and TLDR: love your story and your writing - please keep up with it and dont pay rude people any attention!

All the best 3
Always liked him,eh filch?
Christmas cheer,huh?
An excellent story loved every moment of it
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 14 . 9/20
Draco and the others would still be at Hogwarts. You took out like all the adversaries.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 12 . 9/20
Draco would stay at Hogwarts. Narcissa fought Lucius to on sending Draco to Durmstrang. Love that Peeves is haunting the Dursley’s.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 11 . 9/20
Dumbledore is a good man who has made many mistakes. I always hate fics that make Dumbledore out to be evil and manipulative.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 10 . 9/20
McGonagall punched Dumbledore’s nose? Lmaooo. She has a wand she could use! Harry was very brave.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 9 . 9/20
The professors still respect Snape. Even Minerva. Just saying. Love that Mrs. Norris likes Harry now. :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 7 . 9/20
Love that Snape spent Christmas dinner with Harry and the Hufflepuff’s. And Mrs. Weasley’s sends homemade fudge along with the jumpers. I don’t know why you didn’t add that. And the twins definitely would’ve sent Harry something.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 6 . 9/20
I can’t see Voldemort killin any of his most faithful servants. Killing lucius was dumb. He would’ve killed two Death Eaters who didn’t matter to him. He uses Lucius for his money and his manor. He wouldn’t just kill him.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 4 . 9/20
Love how the Seventh Year Hufflepuff’s are concerned about Harry. Very cute. :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 3 . 9/20
Snape is a half-blood and would definitely know what post it notes are. Love that Snape revised Harry’s essay. Also, it’s spelled Gryffindor! Not Griffindor. Here’s a ‘Y’.
Dobby-chan5 chapter 42 . 9/2
I really liked this. Was laughing for a full minute about the popcorn. XD
DiagonAli chapter 42 . 8/8
great story. what a journey we've been on. I'm so glad you wrote a story where competent adults actually stepped up for harry
5,090 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »