Reviews for The Nomads
winterstale chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Um...I need to stop reading your stuff and cease the fangirling but damn, woman, this collection of Nomad one shots is incredible! Perfect combination of words and action. One thing that really impresses me is that even the pace of both narratives matches how I perceive these three to 'feel'. I don't know if I'm communicating this well, but James and Victoria's story is chase and feint, not just in terms of plot, but the pacing. When I finished J/V I was literally out of breath, honestly felt as though I'd been on the run with them. Laurent was my rest period, letting me sit back and contemplate his inexplicable pull toward Alaska, somehow much more than curiosity about dining choices, not to mention loving his brief perceptions of the Cullens.

Yeah, that big one could handle himself. But I digress... ;)

One more round of applause, this one for a non-acrobatic, reality-based lemon. Just...thank you. The body parts might be more sensitive, the emotional state more reactive and intense, but the physiology is still a human variant. These boys might have sparkly ones, but they aren't magic, fandom. Just huge high fives to you on this. Really. Also, in that vein, sealing the deal with sex between J/V and Laurent is so perfectly sensible. Alliance building with the only real currency vampires have makes so much sense to me. I love that you do this with no judgement - it is what it is - and no overblown lurid lemon. To be honest, I'm burnt out on a lot of citrus and really appreciate that you tell an edgy, sexy story here with very little tab a into slot b.

So when are you writing Garrett? Soon, right? This week?

*waving pom-poms*

w
1853kaz chapter 2 . 8/15/2010
Really good. A great extension on canon, fits snugly in and with depth. Cheers :)
lasseire chapter 2 . 6/9/2010
I really enjoyed both of these chapters. I think it was an interesting set-up for how James & Victoria met and entirely plausible. I would love to know more about all of their lives going back even further. I hope you continue with this! Thanks for the great story!
LisaBebe11 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
The chapter is erotic. It does make the JAmes/Victoria relationship sound very physical. It sounds like at least from James POV at least, they were lovers but not in love. Victoria seemed to love him at least that is what I interpreted.
LisaBebe11 chapter 2 . 6/9/2010
LAurent is a fascinating character and I love the way you discuss him.
Alby Mangroves chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
I quite liked seeing all this from Lauren't POV, his incredulity and surprise at the things we take for granted now as just being part and parcel of the Twiverse. Well written and really engaging!
moniquecullen chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
Wow, I really enjoyed this. It was so different and interesting to see the events at the baseball game through the eyes of the nomads. Will there be another on when Victoria asks Laurent to check on Bella?Or his meeting the Denali coven and relationship with Irina?
Lady Gwynedd chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
Better than SM! Good work.
The Oldest One chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Besides the obvious, I also loved how you described the background of the Canadian north and then the banal urban rooftop. Nice detail!
frlarsson chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Loved this story, )

best wishes, Linda
VampSK chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
*waves hello* to duskwatcher2153

I wasn't sure about this one when I saw the pairing, but I trust *you*, so I gave it a try. So glad I did. You captured and wrote their persona really well. Thanks for writing and sharing! :)
HopeStreet chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
The two of them are almost likable like this - teasing and playful. I think you did a perfect job at showing a pleasant side of them with just a hint of their love for pain and cruelty.
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
HOT HOT HOT!

I can't believe I got away with reading this gorgeous piece of hotness right here at work !

I loved it; excellent job with descriptions and the feeling of 'right there with them' was with me all along.

Thanks for a fabulous read :)
OPOSOJOJ chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
The story is written in a strange text, but it's good.
amymorgan chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Who knew you could write this s**t? Damn, J, you like them rough. I looked at the pairing of characters, frankly, and mentally rolled my eyes. (Villians. Again.)

But you made this totally interesting...and devious. And hot.

This is no Symphony in Moscow, that's for damn sure! Heh heh. Well done!