Reviews for The Art Of Growing Up
The Troublemaking One chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
[/gives a truckload of love] Some say writing is an art. That, what I just read, is a fine piece.
Crystal Allen chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Good grief, you have genius for writing. Not only talent, but genius, I think. You write Mello and Matt and the dynamic between them so well that I understand their characters a few shades better from reading your works.

That line about "defining yourself in the shadow of the brilliance he gives off"... is so accurate and breathtaking and, well, MELLO. And Linda has been given new shape in my mind; she was always such an indistinct idea; just 'the artist'. Now she is a real person, and a tragic one.

I'm now off to read more of your work...
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Oh yes, I liked this very much. Your Linda rocks. Matt is great as well, but your Linda really rocks. I like the idea that this might have happened before Mello called and sent everything crashing down. And I pity Linda, stuck waiting for the knowledge that her last friends are never coming back to her to sink in.
Nice work.
lilzebub chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Bialy, I love the way that you write, it's almost poetic, xD I'm sure writers across the globe would be envious of your writing style. So naturally, I love this oneshot.

For starters, I loved the way that you depicted Linda, specifically. I could imagine that she struggled as an artist in a setting like Wammy's, but this is rarely depicted in Fanfiction. And I have to admit, I'm really picky when it comes to pairings, but the Matt/Linda couple was pretty realistic in this story, and the emotions were just right. I also liked how Linda wasn't angsting at the end when she learned of Matt's death. Well, naturally, she would be sad, but a lot of FF writers go a bit overboard.

So all in all, nicely done! :) I look forward to seeing some more DN stories from you soon.
prioadelia chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Fantastic story. You made them seem so real.
-loves-
CeltySturluson chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Aw...beautiful writing!:3 I like Linda as well..Though she's never given credit!