Reviews for Puck's gift to Xanatos
AceofHadeon chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Ah, my favorite type of Gargoyle fic: Xanatos and Owen/Puck-centric! Very good. Somehow these two never seem to get enough attention in the ficverse. This was also a particularly intriguing episode where Xanatos and Owen’s interaction was concerned.

**Puck's ears perked at this, Xanatios was always interesting to be around, but this was new. **
Just another reason to respect Xanatos: the Puck actually likes him and isn’t actively trying to screw him over.

** The true and ultimate goal as of late had been immortality. Something Puck could give.**
It always impressed me how much Xanatos honored the contract he made with Owen/Puck. Not once does he try to finagle a favor out of Puck. Then again, he’s wise, considering what happens when people and gargoyles try to pull that stunt!

Now, bear in mind that I watched Gargoyles last when I was between the ages of 10-14, and have just now started rewatching some of my fave eps. But I never really stopped to consider that Xanatos achieving immortality could be a desirable thing for Puck. He gets to hang out with one of the few mortals he probably EVER met to can hold his interest. Not to mention he gets to see what havoc and schemes Xanatos concocts when death isn’t a concern. Good job thinking of that aspect and so perfectly portraying it here.

** Owen was completely restricted by a rigid set of rules. But that made him all the more fun! **
One of the reasons I always liked Owen too! Well put.

**Sometimes, Puck tricked him though, **
This made me laugh! Interesting idea.

**Usually, Xanatos just smirked and said nothing. He understood Puck's mischievous needs. **
Kindred spirits, in many ways. Both tricksters who have their own dark motives for even seemingly trivial stunts. Gotta love an antagonist who knows how to handle his people.

** That was odd, Puck loved the idea; a human enjoying a mask that he constructed, liking his artistic ability more than any other gift he could have. **
Probably another reason Puck actually KEPT his deal with Xanatos exactly as it was laid out without twisting it.

**If Xanatos wanted immortality, Puck would gladly give it.[…]. Xanatos would certainly make things interesting, Puck was sure! He wouldn't waste another moment of his friend's mortality.**
Somebody needs to write a fic where Xanatos actually does get immortality (without being screwed over somehow too, heh).

** Why go out and offer a cheat when Xanatos would find an answer himself? And Xanatos would find his answer without any of Puck's help, that was for sure.**
Not to mention all the fun that will be had along the way to that answer, eh?

** Buuut Xanatos was Xanatos. Really, it was why Xanatos was Puck's favourite human, he was even more fun than any Roman Emperor, or castle jester.**
And that’s why we like Xanatos too!

** Puck was fascinated with them, he had been for years. […]**
Very nice characterization of Puck. He’s such a fascinating character.

** That was why Puck would ensure that Xanatos would get his goal, immortality at any cost.**
In my mental continuation of the show, that’s pretty much what happens, yeah. Xanatos achieving immortality, and hopefully being able to give that gift to Fox and especially Alex as well, would become even more important after Puck is exiled from Avalon.

** Fox would probably figure it out first though. **
He’s probably right! I laughed at the mental image of that. All Xanatos’s monumental schemes, and Fox discovers the secret first. That would be priceless.

This ep always made me wonder. Owen knew that “Macbeth” was a robot the whole time, I would assume. Even so, he takes the opportunity to (unnecessarily) prove his loyalty in a rather, er, unwise way. I mean, little toe or something I can see, but left arm? Bringing to life the saying “I’d give my arm,” perhaps? Makes everyone’s life a little more difficult, though. Surely Puck knew what would happen with the Cauldron… (And Xanatos figured Puck could change Owen back if he really wanted.) Which leaves only the conclusion you’ve illustrated here: another Puck prank. I rather like that explanation.

Great fic! Keep up the good work.
hi chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
intresting
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
cool
Vanillasiren chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This was very good. The world needs more Puck fics! He is just so darn cute. I love the twist that he's already given his dear friend David immortality. Puck makes me giggle!
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I really enjoyed this fic.
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
*grins* Puck already gave him immortality... and he doesn't know! That is rich. That is an awesome trick.
DollyBaby chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I loved the story, very awesome! Making Xanatos immortal was ingenious!
Kirra kills chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
well, it's puckish. you captured his personality perfectly. the jokes on xanatos, oh the fun! i olved that bit about fox pushing xanatos off the building. it's something she'd do
tari101 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I really got a snicker out of thinking that the one thing someone is looking for is right under their nose. who doesn't love to do that to a person. Awesome story, thanks.
BloodInkLilacQuill chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I love how you made Puck and Owen almost appear to be two different people or in an essence a 'coat' or 'persona' that Puck can slip in and out of, how awesome!

I agree with Baird, you can totally see Puck doing those pranks to xanatos and Fox, LOL great characters and you captured them beautifully!
Baird Crevan chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Awww, this is cute. I really like the idea of Puck playing tricks on Xanatos and you came up with some good ones! I could definitely see all of that happening.

Also, I think you did an interesting thing with Owen/Puck often being at odds in separate consciousnesses. I've seen it written before, but somehow you caught the essence of it without bogging it down with too much description. That was expertly done.

Overall, it was a pleasant way to spend some time. You captured a brief glimpse into Puck's psyche and I really liked it. Well done and good luck on your other ventures.
shadewatcher chapter 1 . 5/21/2010
lol Nice! I really love the idea that Puck gives Xanatos what he wants without telling him. lol Now that would be and interesting surprise. _
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I LOVE your disclaimer! Priceless. (And accurate.)

Nice peek into Puck's thoughts.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Very great!
Billie the fourth sage chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
As a slash fan, I had to read into this as slash, but aside from that, it's something I could absolutely see as canon ;)

The explanations and thoughts are so PUCK that it's amazing. I enjoyed his views and his entertainment where humans are concerned.

Damn I can't stop adoring this character.