Reviews for Illusion Confusion
Fabius Maximus chapter 4 . 5/11/2010
Well. A truly dark- and well done ending. Dementor is an excellent choice for the initiator- one of the most competent villains, he probably should have remembered what Pride goes before.

And no happy endings, Kim and Ron fighting forever while their bodies decay and die- an entire world decaying and dying. The Lowardians were right- nothing they could do could compare to what mankind did to himself...
CajunBear73 chapter 4 . 5/11/2010
Such the horror of the dreams of a madman.

'Twilight Zone' or 'Outer Limits' have influeneced you well.

LOL!

CB73
Dr. Rex Greylin chapter 4 . 5/10/2010
As Adrena Lynn would say: frea-KEY! (Sorry, I suddenly felt the need for a little gallows humor.)

From the start, I could see this type of ending coming but hoped it wouldn't. I'm glad you didn't take the easy way out and have Kim get rescued for the nigh-inevitable "fairy tale ending." Kudos!

And I have to agree with the reviewer that said it had a "Twilight Zone/Outer Limits" vibe. Very creepy.

Ja ne!

~Doc
Earl Allison chapter 4 . 5/10/2010
I'm going to agree with an earlier reviewer, this definitely qualifies for Horror :(

Wow, really a powerful gut-punch between Shego's loss in Chapter 3 and the revelations here in Chapter 4.

Well written, and very tragic ...

Thanks for sharing.
unwrittenaria chapter 4 . 5/10/2010
Very cool, and the kind of thing that (I personally) miss seeing from time to time here. Nice little homage points, and the again the echoes of the earlier chapters work effectively to tie this story together.

Great story, and while I'm torn between whether this was more effective or the first chapter by itself would have been, ultimately the scope here is more satisfying. Looking forward to whatever you do next.
LaaArtWrtr chapter 4 . 5/9/2010
Did NOT see that coming. This reminded me of an old Twilight Zone or Outer limits episode. Very Macabre in my opinion.

Nice work.

LAW
Neihaera chapter 4 . 5/9/2010
Strongly suggest you add "horror" to the description ... I know it's going to show up in my nightmares.
CajunBear73 chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
Some plans within plans, and Shego interrupted them. Wonder what her concerns with Kim really are...

But now it seems that Dementor and Electronique have something else up their sleeves.
Earl Allison chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
Oh, so it's not a one-shot? Very nice, very visceral reaction when I read Chapter 1, but I thought others said it better than I could :)

It looks like, if the villains know what they're doing, this is going to get VERY bad ... I hope I'm wrong, though.

Incredible imagery, by the way, as another reviewer said, this is one of the creepiest sitches I've ever seen Kim in!

Thanks for writing!
mileslacey chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
This has got to be the creepiest fanfiction I've read in a long time and one of the best of the ones I've read up to now. Short, snappy, and well done. Definately in my top five.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Pretty grim scenario here.

Hope Kim can be rescued.
Fabius Maximus chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
A nice take on the idea of Kim being captured. This isn't listed as completed- is it a one shot or are you thinking of continuing it? I'd certainly be interested in seeing more.
unwrittenaria chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Hmm... not often we get to see a "when evil wins" story here.

The idea of pairing up Dementor and Electronique is a pretty lethal combination as the story here illustrates.

The Kim fan in me wants to cry foul at Wade/Ron/GJ/someone not figuring out something by now, but I understand that's part of the point of the story. Which is a very chilling reminder that perhaps sometimes everything isn't fun and games, and that there can be real consequences if Kim loses.

The framing effect of her "loop" is effective. On one hand I want to see a continuation, perhaps a few of the loops and the different outcomes (she's too tired and Shego ends it?), or she gets saved, or Kim mentally rallies long enough to realize something is wrong.

Ultimately though I think it's a far more effective story as the one-shot you have here because it's brutal and to the point. Kim loses and the world goes to hell.