Reviews for To Write Love On Her Arms
MIDTERMS chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Beautiful. Your personal experiences made this story just so much more realistic, with a clear lining of hope throughout the story. I don't know if, after these years, your intended message has been delivered as intended, but it has certainly reached the hearts of us readers here. Thank you for a delicate piece.
SketchyxNinja chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
Aw, this was beautiful.
Shirraz78 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Wow...this was just...inspiring, lovely, incredible. So many words of praise I have for you. I've gone through serious bouts of depression as well. And I have been the friend of someone who cuts themselves. It's very hard. You care for that person, but sometimes they can make you feel so frustrated and sometimes trapped. You feel as if you're walking on egg shells, but you don't ever give up on them. I have deep praise for this work that you wrote. Bravo. 3
RAWRsuzie chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
My goodness this is beautiful. You had me bawling like a baby..:) Such a wonderful way with words. I myself have and still am dealing with not one but three of my friends who cut themselves. I want them all to read this A.S.A.P. Thank you for writing such a..right-on-the-mark kind of fic. Maybe if Cloud can do it, so can I! Again I thank you.
black-legacy chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
wow, that was a really touching fic. no ive never been a cutter or actually been close friends with one, but even so.

i find it interesting that this fic was so AU that tifa was the one constantly suffering with inner torment... it's almost always cloud in cloti fanfics

That of course is nothing bad. in fact this was a really good fanfic
Sasuketaemin chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
really good story loved it
JukedSolid chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
really incredible story. Thank you.
mom calling chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Hello, Kainos K. Still catching up with reading stacked up during vacation...This is an interesting piece. Quite an exploration of a difficult behaviour that personally touched quite a few of your reviewers. Including me. I haven't had much experience with cutting but have a lot with other forms of self abusive. They are all frustrating because we expect people to be self-preserving. We think if we love them, or ourselves, enough we can channel behaviour and personality. Sometimes the line separating love from enabling is so fine... I found it interesting that your Cloud and Tifa got together, and stayed together and his love didn't fix her, just like in real life. So this isn't a fairy tale. You did a fine job with this difficult story and I thank you! mc
PastelSweet chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Wow. I don't really know what else to say besides that.

This story really does mean alot to me, in a way. I myself have been in the predicament Cloud was in, the way that I wasn't able to help the person that needed it most, simply because I just didn't understand.

On to happier things, this was beautifully written. A powerful message delivered in an amazing way, truley clutching at ones heart. It explored the issue well, something most fanfictions that have tried to relate to this issue did not, though the ones I've read usually had Cloud as the self-harmer one.

I guess I just wanted to say that i really enjoyed this, even though it was AU, I didn't even mind. Most people would shy away from this topic - but I admire the fact that you confronted it in the most tender way.

Yeah, I'm rambling now so i guess i'll just say this:

I loved it, it was wonderful, deep and inspiring. Thankyou
vLuna chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Wow, I don't even know what to say. It was a powerful story with a powerful message, that will stay with me for some time. Thank you for writing this.
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
True, there are not many fics that portrayed this self-injury issue. Let alone give it extra thought to explore the issue like you do. I respect you for bringing up this issue; I’m aware that it takes time, heart, and thought to present your concern. Thank you, for introducing me to such issue. I definitely am more aware of it and share your concern as well. I believe your message is delivered well, and this piece of yours will make differences, and it's going to touch a few lives. Great work :)
7th-HartStrife-duh chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I don't even know what to say, this was amazing and ive gone through this too I have friends and close family who worry an scare me sometimes with their actions and it feels like hell not being able to do a thing. This was a topic most people avoid and you handled it spectacularly. ;)The ending was my favorite you showed that real life doesn't end happy and perfect it's hard and we hve to work at our happiness and hope does help A LOT with this, thanks for writing this it's an inspiration to people who have and are going through something similar to this.
-HartStrife
NinjaDeeLee chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
This was so beatiful...
KW chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
This was so many words I don't know if I could pick one.

I've been on both ends... more so Tifa's. Finding someone who cares that much is hard.

Believing that this person won't be like the other 20 who said they won't leave but then say "you're too much" and walk way is hell.

So I really loved this fic. It inspires hope.

Thanks
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I've logged out to review this story...
To start with, I've loved it. I must say that this was really heart-warming and heart-breaking at the same time.
I've been 'the friend' too, so I can understand the utter agony, the sleepless nights... But I understand the other side too.
Because I've been alone and I know how does is it feel when you are. And I understand the not-deserving feeling.
It scares when suddenly everything you long-ago hoped for, it presents to you like something common. Because you never had it. Because you thought it wasn't real. It really scares and makes you feel vulnerable, wanting to control something.
I felt lost.
And it's worst when the one to provoke those feelings makes you realise once again that it wasn't real after all. That you're still alone. It's like letting you see the light, only to tell you that that's what you will never have. But that can lead you to hate everything, or cherish it.
I happen to choose the second.

Sorry if this review has end up being depressing, I just wanted to tell you something about 'the other point of view'.