Reviews for Crossing the Bar
Masseffectlover chapter 4 . 11/15/2013
Before today i never really gave much thought about joker and ashley. But they make a pretty awesome couple as i have realised.

And as for the story.
It was really good. Brilliant.
SpecH82 chapter 4 . 9/17/2013
Shit, this is good, you should continue it trough ME3 :)
Eleneri chapter 4 . 2/17/2013
This was unrelentingly awesome! Very enjoyable read, and great character voice from both Joker and Ash.
BaiLia chapter 4 . 10/18/2011
This is really great. I love the fact that it just sounds like them - I mean, it's not sappy or anything but the pairing just works. Please write more!
allthewolves chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Awesome. I think you definitely captured Joker and Ashley's personalities here.
BetaReject chapter 4 . 5/22/2010
Holy crap this was just briliant! Utterly brilliant entirely Ic and so bang on! I could practically 'hear' their voices as I was reading these chapters.

I really love how you show their relationship not through actions but entirely through the dialogue. How you can tell without them ever spelling it out that their feelings went well beyond friendship but was formed not through the usual physical attraction but through that solid friendship they shared.

I was never much of a fan of either character, nevermind the pairing but yesterday I got a peek at it and was intrigued. If I wasn't sold on them before I definitely am now this tale was really well done I do hope that you will write more on them in the future because you do such a solid job of portraying them and the relationship they share!
Star Fata chapter 4 . 5/20/2010
This was really sweet, albeit a little annoying because the emails weren't set out chronologically, so I had to read from the bottom up when the correspondance started.
Lalaith Raina chapter 4 . 5/2/2010
Aw.
This was so precious and awesome. I... I think you made me a Joker/Ashley fan. I love how you closed it, with him sending a letter to her as a kind of potential-farewell and her replying so quickly. (And did she read the letter anyway? I wasn't sure, but it kind of seemed like it.)

They both just felt so natural and right, and I can so see the pairing in my head. D'aw. I even force myself to see little bits of it in the game now because it's so deep in my head canon, thanks to you.

(Sidenote, I saved Kaidan after all on my last run. I got all teary-eyed about it. ;0; Poor Ashley.)
Thessili chapter 4 . 4/29/2010
Lovely story, I really enjoyed the idea of using emails as a format (reminds me of the AListair/Warden love letters - but less sweet!)

Interesting pairing, I can see Ashleys stronger side controlling Joker's snarkier side. Nice!
gpelous chapter 4 . 4/28/2010
Already finished! I want more! Just kidding
but the story was good, a nice take on two lively characters. I'll happily read your next ones
luk3us chapter 3 . 4/28/2010
Ash & Joker? :P hehe

Its a pitty we don't get to learn more about what happened to everyone during that 2 year gap. :( But these will suffice. :)
gpelous chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Nice story!
the style is consistent, and really pleasant to read.
Keep up the good work!
jillyfae chapter 3 . 4/28/2010
gah, this is great. Sad and all, but great. Poor Ashley. And Joker... not wistful at all. ;)
Shazzer80 chapter 2 . 4/28/2010
Aww, that's sweet really. It's strage that this was overlooked, since to me it seems very well-written (from a foreigner-non native english speaker, that's it :P). I like how it shows some of what happened during those two years in which Shepard was dead and I think that the idea of using the mail format is quite interesting, since it allows the story to jump to different point in time without giving the impression of having something missed.
Ash and Joker are in character (it almost makes me regret to have blowed Ashley to radioactive dust..), I hope to see more of this!
jademornin chapter 3 . 4/28/2010
Very good. I like this style and look forward to more. You've done a great job keeping them in character.