Reviews for Of Saints And Saviors
rcfan77 chapter 1 . 2/14
This was absolutely amazing! i don't know why i never read this! i wish this scenes would have found their way into the episode! :) Brilliant! :)
Syd15 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I love, love, love when she has those moments of; "Hell, I don't care, do whatever you want. I find it kind of funny (though I would never tell you)." Like in this episode, sitting in the court house while he does his thing (pissing people off) or in 3x17 when she offers Cho's numbers because Jane is not her problem anymore or later when he tells about getting something from the cafeteria and she simply walks away. Oh, and the look in his face watching her go.

"Keep dreaming. You'll never make me give up coffee, Jane."

Oh, oh, oh, I WOULD give up coffee if Jane asked me to. (That I already preffer tea over coffee doesn't mind, you get my point).

This fic was great (I'm getting a little repetive with my reviews, aren' I?) but really it was.

I like that you MADE THEM TALK about this issue. I mean, yeah, in the show they touched it but I would have love to hear a little bit more of it and you did it.

So, yeah, thanks for that.
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Sooooo you completely failed to mention that you had actually done a post 2x19 fic! And a rather lovely one at that :) (which is probably a good thing, seeing as I am never going to get anywhere with that prompt that's still bugging me LOL)

This was so cute! Especially the setting for this particular scene, I like to picture them sitting in a fun little teahouse, just talking, enjoying each other's company.

I loved this line in particular: "Because, sometimes it's not about saving me. Sometimes I just wish that there would be no reason for you to save me at all, Jane." It is so true. DO YOU HEAR THAT JANE?

Oooh! And this one: "catching criminals an added bonus and a possible way to even out his karma: a thousand bad guys for one." I adored this description, and can quite easily imagine this is exactly how Jane sees it. It's probably the way his reasoning works. He doesn't believe in God or anything even remotely close to it, but I could still see him doing a little calculation like this in his head, it's just so typically him. And I quite loved it. A thousand bad guys he puts behind bars in return for the one that he won't.

And on a sidenote: the title of this was also very fitting. Really enjoyed this, as usual. I sound like a broken record by now :p

- Cathy
Ombre Rose chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Oh, I've got to hand it to you for this well-written fan story. The conversation between Jane and Lisbon felt very realistic and both of them were so in character. I certainly enjoyed it immensely! It brought a lot of insight to the present relationship that the pair share with one another on screen. I actually love that there isn't an overdose of fluff and romance in this fic because it was the friendship between Jane and Lisbon that had me rooting for the pair in the first place. Please keep on writing!
hardly loquacious chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Well this is interesting. I quite enjoy it. Love the visual of Jane and Lisbon at a tea house somehow. It works oddly well. I feel like I would like Hightower better if they just, I don't know, toned her down a bit on the show. Also, I love Much Ado About Nothing more than is healthy. And it suits them, so nice choice there.
lisbon69 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
oh i loved this... absolutely loved it... your writing style is awesome in itself and yet you still continue to churn out little masterpeices like this one!
Temerah chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Well, as usual it was great.
You give us a real good insight in the Jane/Lisbon relationship wich isn't as easy as you may think. Really I feel like with this story you show that a bridge has been crossed, that there is a new form of understanding between those two and maybe a new accepting of sort.
Even though I really don't like Hightower (especially because I find her useless in the show), I liked this ficelet. After all she just a mere shadow here. Frankly, Blood money deserved a following and you did it with maestria.
Bravo!
Well done.
Muzzy-Olorea chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
You're my heroine for writing this! This is just the sort of thing I needed to read to stop myself going crazy during this hellish exam period.

This line: "Because, sometimes it's not about saving me. Sometimes I just wish that there would be no reason for you to save me at all, Jane." THIS. THIS. EXACTLY what Lisbon would say - and what I think TPTB should have her say in an episode sometime soon.

I liked how you brought in the Jane/Hightower/Lisbon thing from the previous episode and how Jane realised he didn't want to know what else Lisbon was going to say to him in the crate - at least not yet. You summed up wonderfully one of my favourite dynamics about J/L - it's not what they say to each other but rather what they don't say.

A fantastic post-ep, beautifully written as always!
Lizicia chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I really-really liked this story. A bit angsty, yet sweet and humorous but the undertones definitely very serious. I am glad you decided to leave their dynamics in place and not have them tell anything more than they shouldn't and probably couldn't handle dealing with anyway - the proverbial elephant. So, loved it.
Divinia Serit chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
He. I LOVE Much Ado About Nothing! Especially the movie version with Emma Thompson as Beatrice. I liked your take of the aftermath of the crate! Nice job, my friend :)
macisgate chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
That was such a great episode addition! Really well done.
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Very nice. I was looking for a good post-ep fic for this that didn't stray into the "too romantic" territory. As always, you weave an excellent tale.

Poor Jane, if only I could believe he was even half as self-aware as you paint him in this, with his thoughts on not blaming Lisbon for not trusting him.

I also loved that you pointed out that he does, or at least is trying, to have her best interests at heart. Even if he ends up screwing it all to hell in the end.

I especially love you dealing with the fact that he's got to be aggravated that Lisbon won't accept his overtures fro protection, and Lisbon's reasons were SPOT ON! Oh, how I adored the "there wouldn't be a need for you to protect me if you'd just think about the consequences for once" theme. God, what I would PAY to hear that in the show.

Ah well, I'm content to praise you for putting in this well-thought out fic! Bravo! I do enjoy your stuff, girl!
FiveRoses chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Ah, that was so sweet. I liked that she tricked him into telling her what she wanted to know, without ever answering his question (which, in its turn, saved you from having to figure out what the answer to the question should be - sneaky!). And, yes, I'm still irritated with the show for cutting her off in the middle of an important sentence. Tactics like that are just annoying.

But your story is lovely - it has such a gentle feel to it, with their relationship progressing in small but significant ways. Plus it had tea, which is always a win in my book. :)
sdfsafdfasdfasdfasdf chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
This was amazing. Definitely worth the read. You brought them close to that "edge", enough so that they wouldn't fall, but at the same time, making them (sort of) realize their obvious feelings for each other. I'm almost tempted to ask you if you're going to continue this. Oh, what the hell. Are you gonna continue this? If not, it's still a great ending.
Jbon chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Loved it Yaba - great story. Ahh if only...