Reviews for They Are Good at Many Things
thatguyyouknow chapter 19 . 9/3/2014
I have recently gotten into a shikatema binge and stumbled upon your fic. I find it to be one of the better ones, especially with the build of the sentence structure. Few authors can build long, descriptive sentences and punctuate them with short ones. Its a rare trait that I like in fics. I also enjoy the lack of strict adherence to a timeline. Their is a timeline, you know what happens, but you write what comes to you. Update please, I would very much love to continue reading this fic.
Elguardiuz chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
I like it, eventhough sometimes I get annoyed with 'I am' instead of 'I'm'...
Good job..
sylversmith chapter 13 . 9/19/2013
I'm not sure if you ever solved your problem here (yes, I'm re-reading... again) but I'm pretty sure that the fic you were looking for is "39 Days" by Mussimm (another one of the many incredible, but unfinished, ShikaTema fics out there)

I'm sorry that I haven't left reviews on all of your chapters (and in your fics 'Mistake' and 'Station X' but I find that I tend to have a hard time with giving quality reviews on one/two shots because it's hard to really delve into the flow of a story line (which is usually my focus in reviews). In addition (especially with ShikaTema fics) I tend to empathize a lot with Temari's character, so the angsty bits tend to hit me a little harder than I'd like to admit and I have to kind of bolster myself emotionally to re-read and really critique the heavier plot lines that you build (which makes me sad, because your writing is SO detailed and beautiful!)

As a general review for your style, I've always admired your ability to build a story with descriptions and introversion, rather than dialogue. I often find myself completely immersed in your scenes (especially in 'Station X' when you developed each scene using different sensory signals)- which as a drawback usually leaves me even more emotionally drained after completing the story!

However, I will most definitely keep reading through your works, and I promise to do my best to review more often! (it also doesn't help when I read stories on my phone... which unfortunately happened with 'Station X').
Kkornelia chapter 8 . 9/13/2013
Hehehe kinky.
Kkornelia chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Hihihi! More more! Im sorry not being able to come up with a better review.
Kat1149 chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
These are amazing! :D I could sit around and read these all day
PuiNikkiShowron chapter 14 . 4/18/2013
These two would totally be too stubborn to admit they like each other! Great chapter, I liked it a lot.
PuiNikkiShowron chapter 7 . 4/18/2013
OMG, this whole breakup story was so heartbreaking! But I'm glad they got back together in the end!
PuiNikkiShowron chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I can totally imagine this being a type of relationship Temari and Shikamaru would have. Great story!
a01 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
i love all these one shots & they really do add up together. i love the way u portray their characters its so believable. i'd love to read more of your stories just like these ones :)
sylversmith chapter 17 . 2/12/2013
I love, love, LOVE this piece. I've read it through a couple of different times, and I completely agree that having the timeline disrupted in this manner does a great job in building the relationship between these two fantastic characters. Not to mention that it helps convey the theme of how "love" and "sex" are more intertwined than most people like to believe.

I also wanted to add that I loved your AN at the end of this chapter, because you make mention of some of my favorite pairings from the Naruto universe. I too love Ino's character because I think that of all the female characters, she and Temari seem to best represent my vision of the true kunoichi. More than that, I love that you make mention of the Kankuro / Tenten pairing as that is one of my favorites (if you haven't already, I'd recommend looking into Lady Calliope's piece "Small Games"). Finally, I think that you should use Shiho for the jealousy stories because I think that she is a perfect representation of Shikamaru's original "life plan", but it's still very easy to see the lack of connection between the two.

Anyway, thank you for the awesome work!

Happy fictioning,

Sylversmith
Guest chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
this is some really sexy stuff. how old r u? nevermind... just keep writing
NarutoFanner chapter 3 . 1/30/2013