Reviews for A Little Opposition
Joy-girl chapter 28 . 11/8
Yes, this was written five years ago, but god damn if this isn't one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Sure, it's not super deep full of twists and turns and drama - but it got snide remarks, smart humor, ridiculously well written materials, and realistic in character moments and just...aaaaah.
Really, the entire thing had quite the Terry Prachett feel, and I love it all the more for that.
It was a good story, the plot not too heavy but still with some weight and... Did I mention I love your writing style here?
Plus, you know, Zel and Amelia goodness! (Insert fangirling squeeing)
You are awesome and you should feel awesome.
Katherine chapter 28 . 6/15
I like that, not all tied up with a perfect little bow or anything of the sort. Open ended progress, it's very Slayers.
Katherine chapter 15 . 6/15
Honestly... Nothing about Zel's attitude or living style says Responsible King to me. I'm not entirely sure Phil will be happy with the idea in the long run, even if Amelia is set on him. You can't make someone settle down and work on something when they want to be off doing something else. That would breed resentment on both sides. He'd feel she was holding him back and she'd be hurt that he didn't want to give up his quest to be a paper pusher. Unless Lina accidentally made a potion that DOES work lol.
Katherine chapter 14 . 6/15
I knew it! Excellent test.
Katherine chapter 12 . 6/15
Yare Yare! Who expects two people to fall into a passionate romance in a matter of days? Especially when they've gotten so used to being platonic with each other for long stints in close quarters. Some would think that a close friendship would speed the process, but it could just as well hinder it. But Lina and Phil are both the type of people that would take scissors to a piece of a puzzle and MAKE it fit if they were frustrated and it was taking too long, aren't they?

I really like the tree house idea! It made me wish I had one actually, and I'm nearly thirty. I think it's one of the reasons people have kids - getting to play with kids' toys again ;). And to give Davis puppies, how very kind and Just of Phil to compensate the kid for using a treehouse.

As for Myrtle, I think there may be more to her than 'Villainous Witch Straight Out of a Disney Movie'... People who are raised in a mindset like that never have the chance to see it's folly, they're programmed. But I think being universally hated gives her manipulation powers that she can use freely, and she's shrewd enough to know it. Lie she said, she knows where she's not wanted, and that knowing gives her power. Basically the opposite of Martina.

She, as a control freak, thinks she's doing the right thing, in her own way. Her callousness may just be something her parents couldn't break her of (or next to Phil's father as an example, she might even look like she knew her duties better when it came to getting to the root of a problem, ne?). Who knows? I'm still in early chapters.

Her rank does confuse me, since if the king is her brother, they both must have been born to royal parents. I would expect her to be a minor princess at least, when it comes to titles. But this is a fictional world, and things may work differently.

I also like how Gourry is reacting to Lina's ideas. My husband and I always said that in D&D terms, he would have a moderately low Intelligence score (but not so low as he makes it appear, at least in the books; sometimes he uses feigned ignorance to tease Lina) but exceptionally high Wisdom, which are very different skills.
Mizz Loon chapter 28 . 12/30/2014
This story is so close to the actual characters personalities that it could be mistaken for the real deal. I love how the story played out and sincerely wish for there to be a sequel of this story. Thanks for the fantastic read friend, chow!
Guest chapter 28 . 8/24/2013
Captured Moon chapter 28 . 5/16/2013
The moment I started to read this story, I knew I couldn't stop! I completely fell in love with it! You have a talent with not just great characterization, but your plot is seamless. You are one of the best Slayers fanfiction writers I've ever come across and I'm thrilled to have more of your lovely works to read.
Another I want to praise is your romance. Most of us LOVE it, the fluffy, gooey, kissy junk that is romance. Yet, in long stories (such as this one) things like that can get super cheesy fast. Your small, sweet romance was so appropriate and made my day!
I know this was written 3 years ago, but I still had to praise your work. I hope you still lurk around this site (I'm no stranger to taking year breaks), because you deserve more and more favorites and reviews! Thanks!
funvince chapter 28 . 5/11/2013
This is an awesome story. You have a wonderful sense of comedic timing and dialogue. You write the Slayers characters so authentically and even your original characters feel like they wouldn't be out of place in the regular Slayers world. I was a little surprised at how open-ended the ending was but upon reflection I can see how incremental progress for A/Z and L/G does feel more realistic. Fantastic job throughout.
Lynnie182 chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
lols the song Shes So High by Tal Bachman came on while I was reading this XD I love this so far is so great and it doesnt rush in!
777angeloflove chapter 28 . 2/22/2012
featherfun chapter 26 . 10/9/2011
What? Nobody gets away with cutting off the justice speech!
MikariStar chapter 28 . 9/27/2011
This was a very fun story with a fitting ending. Amelia's great aunt was hilariously annoying.
Phoenix Satori chapter 28 . 9/24/2011
what a perfect way to end this!

ahhh...i feel so light and fluffy.

thanks again for your brain and fingers. they make an excellent team.
Phoenix Satori chapter 26 . 9/24/2011
i still say lina's the one to fear the most here.

zel just did the unthinkable, the unforgivable: he stole her spotlight!