Reviews for Alekhine's Gun: A Sarek and Amanda Story
EmpressNK chapter 11 . 7/6/2010
Amanda is a clever one :)

She will definitely accelerate her learning of Vulcaness if she is taught one of their martial arts.

Thanks LadyFangs for this story!
VickyFromGreece chapter 11 . 7/6/2010
I will confess your writer's block is killing me. BUT as I love this story I will await anxiously for your next update. Please take your time. You are one of the best writers here and this story is so dramatic and tense, I'm sure you will do your best.

What I really, really liked in this chapter is how you describe T'Nerual's entrance in the restaurant, her clothes and the way she made all heads turn to her direction. And of cource Amanda's thoughts and her personal entry, mirroring her slow but gradual change of mind (and heart?).

Now as for the story, I noticed Amanda is at the embassy for 2.5 months. As she originally was to stay there during the summer recess, until she ressumes her university classes, the martial art lessons are a BRILLIANT idea for her to come back at the embassy after that period. She exercises regularly so she is fit and ready to start.

Maybe in the future weeks Amanda not only takes lessons herself but also give swimming (?) lessons to... perhaps curious and open-minded Vulcans who believe in IDIC? Maybe a (male) date comes to pick her up from the embassy after her martial art lesson... rising Vulcan flames! Hi, hi, hi!

And one last question. Yes, Sarek and Amanda seem like a good match to Silek and to T'Nerual but are they not worry that he might hurt her during his "time"? He is after all so much stronger than her...
nonymouse1 chapter 11 . 7/6/2010
Thank you for another interesting chapter! I like the way that you are revealing things about your supporting characters, bit by bit. I believe that when readers are already familiar with main characters such as Sarek and Amanda, if not with the way you will write their story, supporting characters become even more important. They fill in the unknown parts of the characters' history, imparting your individual stamp, as an authour, to a story with a known ending (marriage). How well you create them, write them, and make the reader care about their presence (or abscence) sets your story apart from others on the same subject. I think you're doing a wonderful job!
mvw chapter 11 . 7/6/2010
I like the pace of your story. Keep up the good work!
Lori Jean chapter 10 . 6/29/2010
wow! Thank you.
Zhian'tara chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
Amanda is definitely getting her eyes opened when it comes to Vulcans. I like seeing the sibling dynamics between Silek and Sarek - the blend of support, competition and even violence is almost "human" :D

And the heat is really building between Sarek and Amanda is building nicely. ;D
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
Interesting story. Particularly given the prologue.
SpirkTrekker42 chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
Amazing chapter! :) I love this story so much. It's just so well written!
GinTsuki chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
I was so excited to see you update that I glued myself to the computer to read this despite having several chores taunting me in the background.

Your writing is ridiculously refreshing after reading other fan-fictions (which seem written in crayon when compared to your works). Your level of sophistication is out of this world. Are you aiming to be a novelist in the future? You'd be damn good at it.

There are two things I found that made me do a double take. First is the first paragraph. There's no mention of Grayson being in the room so when Silek refered to the Doctor's expression I was confused (I am easy confused though...). Second is one of the last lines; it's repeated due to what I assume to be a quick edit on your part and a forgotten deletion.

Update soon! I'm waiting for more as usual.
nonymouse1 chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
That was an extremely powerful chapter and quite a surprise! Well done! I'm really interested in knowing more about the relationship between Silek and Sarek. Are they close or do they just tolerate each other?

I'm also a bit confused about the affliction you are referring to that affects all three of these men. I recall Spock being effected by the "plak tow" during his pon farr. How does this relate?
elaine451 chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
I love this story! The character development of Sarek and Amanda is brilliant, love how rough and tough Sarek is and I love how Amanda likes it...

Your pace is just perfect and the plot, especially with Silek and his wife - great! That sibling rivalry between Sarek and Silek is so tense. Silek is the peace keeper, but he does stand his ground. But I have to say, I just love this growly Sarek, wow!

I know this is following the 'Prince' storyline - which was brilliant and rough - and I love the characterizations here. Only wonderful things to say about this!
VickyFromGreece chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
In my previous review I mentioned that I awaited the next fight, but honestly this is not what I had in mind! Vulcans are extremely violent and Sarek's words were a dirty hit below the waist.

Poor Silek, the experience seems haunting even after all these years... I suppose only his wife supported him during this emotional turbulence.

And Amanda watched Sarek leaving with Latana and the next day, during the fight. Hi, hi, hi! Well that must have shaken her view of Vulcans, and of Sarek in particular, to the core. Now she knows he is a man... who exercises intensely? ;-) I wonder if she will dare ask Sa'taan about this scene.

You are right, he will fight this, I only hope not too much blood is spilled...
AtanaM chapter 10 . 6/28/2010
Oh my dear. What is it about sweaty half naked men beating the crap out of each other that makes one tingly in the nether regions? It is my deepest darkest fantasies (well my second one really, the first involves me, Spock and other things not suitable for a family oriented board) to have Spock and Kirk having a "friendly" sparing match that turns not so friendly after awhile. It would all end well... everyone would still be friends... but oh momma, while it lasted.

Sigh... a girl can dream can't she?

And Sarek is a naughty boy isn't he? I can now see where Spock gets the rebellous side of himself from. At least he came by it honestly.

And thank you for showing that Vulcans do indeed loves thier mates? So many people treat the arrainged marraige thing as though the couples have to be miserable... logical but miserable, but I always felt that at least some bondings were between compatable Vulcans who truly loved each other under the calm facade. They are a logical society.. not a masochistic one.
Lori Jean chapter 9 . 6/27/2010
I just learned about the story alert. Thanks for a fun story.
hopefuladdict chapter 9 . 6/26/2010
Great chapter! I thought I had this story on alert. I will remedy that immediately. Love the budding UST between Sa/Am.
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »