Reviews for Alekhine's Gun: A Sarek and Amanda Story
Spockchick chapter 2 . 5/4/2010
I very much like the politics here, much like "proper" sci-fi, such as the Foundation Trilogy. Most classic sci-fi is stuffed full of politics. It is a great way to hold a mirror up to ourselves. Nice that there is a solid reason for them to meet.
Spockchick chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Great intro, very atmospheric. Poor Sarek, having his wife and child leave him, awful. T'Pau scares me, she is so adamant about the ways of the people being preserved, and propriety. That thinking frequently comes back to bite you.
nonymouse1 chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
LOL Very timely. Why do I have the feeling that Amanda Grayson is about to tell Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan, "No." LOL He'd better get used to it!
Nyotarules chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
Looking forward to the fireworks between Amanda and Sarek. However I doubt first contact took place 300 years ago, Spock was born in the early 2230's assuming S/A met a few years before that say 5 years or so that would make them meet in the late 20's , so you saying FC took place in the 1920's? I doubt that lol
sol chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Great start. God me good since you have written in a way that draws me in, Will continue reading.
elaine451 chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Wow, what a great first chapter! So intense. Will this follow 'The Prince' universe or is this more in tune with the movie? Can't wait to read more!
VickyFromGreece chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Great first chapter! I loved how Sarek confronts his mother. And I noticed that the time gap between the two scenes is 6 years, so that means that the clock is ticking? I am hooked already!
nonymouse1 chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
You have me hooked, already! Please continue!
Simplymare chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
O, INTERESTING to make T'Pau Sarek's mother! And I loved the side-by-side of Sarek's seething temper and the seething volcano in the distance: Vulcan and planet in sinc with one another... Can't wait to see how this continues!
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
OK, then ... the scene is set, the drama about to begin, and this reader eager to read more!
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15