Reviews for Pretending To Live
TransparentBones1820 chapter 27 . 3/12
Oh. My. Gosh. This was brilliant! (No pun intended) I finished this in one day which meant hiding my phone in class, and not studying for my 3rd quarter biology exam but it was totally worth it (I did an all nighter so I studied there after I finished this of course) I love the way you didn't go cliche and make Ari be like "oh but he his irresistible bla bla bla" in a serious situation and you made it all seem realistic. At times I was a bit confused with the flashbacks in the middle of everything but I managed. I was sad to see that Ari and Harry didn't have much interaction later but I'll imagine they did after their encounter. I wish you would have put more Harry/Tom interactions but it wasn't that big of a deal because the rest of the story recomponses. But that last scene I absolutely loved which is what I'm talking about but oh well. Have you considered maybe doing a one shot about Harry speaking more to Tom or something? I'm not saying I ship them but it would seem interesting to see Tom's thought on the entire Chosen One defeating Voldemort.. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW AWESOME THIS IS! 3
Sansho chapter 1 . 2/26
Wow.. This story is just so GOOD! And it deserves so much more appreciation!
The twists and turns that your time traveling took awed me. They were delicately complex, well thought and structured, and still managed to allow us mere mortals the ability to follow them.
You portrayed Tom beautifully! He wasn't a softie or a bleeding-heart, but rather the perfect combination between villan and boy who cares to a boy who falls in love. You've matured him splendidly. Your OC wasn't Mery Sue in any way. She was human - both kind and selfish, caring and cunning. Perfect combination.
I had a wonderful time reading your story, and I shall spread the word about this goodness around, because it definitely deserves it!

Thank you so very much for an amazing story!
Sansho.

P.S
please do write another story. If this was your first try, I can't wait for the second :D
Hunter Shippuden chapter 27 . 2/14
This was absolutely beautiful. It's so wonderful in so many ways it leaves me speechless. I love the way you portrayed everything that leaves me guessing and at the edge of my seat. I love the development between Tom and Ariadne, it was rocky at first and then gradually morphed into something beautiful. I love the complex plot and at the same time, I love the simplicity it offers. I love the fact that Time and the three Fates were involved. I loved the way how you made a seemingly overused plot into something unexpected. I loved the way Ariadne connected with her friends, because it was done so with a touch of realism. I love the way you tied up the story because even though it was such a happy ending, you managed to keep up at night, pondering Harry Potter's last words at the epilogue. I love Tom's confession, it was undeniably human that it melted my heart.

I love everything about your story. I hope you will shower us with more of these.

Happy writing!
-H.S
Evelyn chapter 27 . 1/8
Absolutely loved it! You captured riddle perfectly! I feel like most other stories always have the characters fall in love within the first few chapter, it was refreshing to see it take longer, your a brilliant writer !
anonymous chapter 27 . 12/8/2014
I don't know how you managed to trap so much emotion into this book. But I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Refreshing, original and so many feels. :)
UnsightlyDreams chapter 27 . 10/30/2014
I want you to know... Even if you barely come on fanfiction anymore.. And whether or not you believe me... But I've read a LOT of Tom Riddle stories. Him with an OC or him with Hermione, since it's a popular pairing and I've always been interested in him. I too tried my own TomXOC story in the past... But at the same time, I was following yours... And I realized one thing. I love Ari like I'd love any of my own characters. She burns bright and hopeful and your story is one with a definite end. Tom isn't exactly an evil git out to ruin lives in this. I want you to know... He's perfect. It isn't an abusive relationship (which most fanfics seem to prefer) and you don't give him a sob story.. And it still works. Basically, I'm trying to say... Thank you. I reread it recently, and I found myself crying. It's a beautiful piece of writing. They're beautiful. Words... Don't always express everything. And yet, I've tried. I want you to know.. This is the best Tom Riddle fanfiction on this site. I'm not even joking. I've read enough to even give you an unbiased view.

Thanks. :)
raphl chapter 27 . 10/13/2014
It's a wonderful story.
Anna chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
this is the 3rd time I'm reading your story and I never get bored of it! There are little but really good TR/OC story's but this one is, in my opinion the best one!
I love how you built the characters and everything is just so authentic...
Thank you for this! Really is a masterpiece and deserves much more reviews than it already as.
Best of luck for everything! 3
x10TIMEx chapter 27 . 9/5/2014
It took me two days to finish reading this story because I just couldn't stop reading it! It is absolutely amazing! I love it! Beautiful work! :)
Kaleidoscope Of Tales chapter 27 . 8/15/2014
Reading this AGAIN. Yes. It's still as amazing as it was the first fifty or so times :) At first your writing was a little shaky, but it improved massively to form one of my very favorite stories on FF. Just, wow.
Guest chapter 27 . 7/4/2014
I really loved this story. I was so sure you would have made Ari die and Tom to resume being evil or him die as well but you didn't! It is such a different outcome to any other story and I love this story because of it. You did a great job! I love it so much! x
Cassie-D1 chapter 27 . 7/3/2014
Awe it's sad that no one remembers her! Especially Draco! :(
Born in 20th Century chapter 27 . 4/20/2014
Thank you so much for sharing this beautifully amazing story! The brilliance of 'Pretending To Live' is beyond description - I loved your brilliantly unique idea of personifying Time and Fate and illustrating their major roles within this story, and your inexpressibly beautiful portrayals of Tom and Ari and the development of their characters. This is the first story with an OC as the protagonist that I have read, as the majority of OCs tend not to be as fully developed as canon characters, but your portrayal of Ari was utterly amazing, and I loved how she grew and matured throughout the story - through your depiction of her character development, she's even one of my favourite characters now. Words cannot express how much I loved the progression of Tom and Ari's relationship throughout the story and it was enthralling to watch the gradual development of Ari and Tom's characters as the plot unfolds. Once again, thank you for writing this indescribably beautiful and unique tale! :)
fifiswims chapter 27 . 3/20/2014
SO GOOD
WOW
SO GOOD
IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET THE TIME AND FATE CONCEPT SINCE IT'S PRETTY CONFUSING
BUT OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TOM/OCS EVER!
Kozakura 143 chapter 27 . 3/20/2014
I was wondering, what happened with the Chamber of Secrets issue? Wasn't the school being threatened to shut down cause of Olive Hornby's death? Anyways, thanks for creating this great story! I had to reread it to finally comprehend the Fate/Time feud, but it was worth the effort so I could fully appreciate your brilliant work. (: