Reviews for The Truth Is Rarely Pure
sd4ianto chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Interesting idea. And I agree that there could have only been a small amount of time when Ianto was back cleaning up. But my opinion is that this would have just served to push Ianto over the edge. The human mind can only handle so much. And pushing through his barriers like that would have broken his mind. This would have proven that Jack truly was a monster. He would know that it is something Ianto would never forget, but everyone needs forgiveness and to be able to forgive themselves. It doesn't mean they forget.

Have you ever done something and needed someone's forgiveness and they wouldn't forgive you? I have, and it can eat away at your soul.

My opinion, I just think you made Jack a little harsh. Can't see them ever together if Ianto knows Jack can never forgive him. You did have Jack say it was unforgivable.

I think the somewhat guarded truce between them was because Jack could relate and understand and knew his hands aren't completely clean either, but was still angry and hurt by what happened.
skinnys chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Wow, very well conceived and brilliantly written, thank you!~
Leo6656 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Would love to see a second part to this! Really well done.
Sweet Sour Insanity chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
umm ok... I think I cryed like, ten times in the first half of the story alone...
CryingAlice chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
(first things first, I'm French, so, excuse my poor English)

This is exactly what I wanted to read after this episode. Usually, the fics taking place after Cyberwoman are naive, sweet or just plain non canon. Yours is beautifuly written, and very intelligent. The bit about the dead girl Jack condamning Ianto to remember it is very good. I hate post-Cyberwoman fics where it feels like this girl never happen or is just a disinteresting casualty. I think your Jack and Ianto are very close to canon (I never say that a fic caracter is equal to canon, because I'm not in the mind of the show writters, I don't know what they wanted to express precisely). The feelings they experience in your work are very believable and well described. To sum up, one of my favorite Torchwood fics and the first post-Cyberwoman fic that feels right to me. Thank you very much for this piece.
Lyr i'Maire chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Very emotional. Good work.
Jessie Blackwood chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
very raw, very real, very good.
Efern chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Wow. That was...puhwe...wow. Harsh, almost brutally so, but kinda real. Think I've read one too many a version of this involving an overdoses of sympathy, understanding, etc - this provides a serious contrast.

And you know what? It begs to be continued. Please find that plot bunny again.

Loved it to bits.
Gyoro and Ururun chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Good story. :]
indiefaggot chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Wow Amazing writing! I really like this... however I usually read Janto fluff so this was very harsh in comparison but it seems very true of Jack and you have really captured the idea of the episode!
N x