Reviews for Weak
youngsoo chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Wow...just..wow...
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
The Pairing's definitely a bit strange, but it actually works in its own weird way. I love your characterization of Dumbledore and Tom, the way the former keeps comparing the latter to Gellert, and the somewhat bittersweet ending.
Witherwings01 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
*sing song voice* Wrong, wrong, wrongity, wrong.

And yet ... somehow so right.

Excellent characterization, brilliantly descriptive and so believable. Bravo!
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
*Shivers a little* Oh... goodness... The way in which you compared Tom to Gellert in Dumbledore's mind was fantastic, and I love how even though Albus is obviously having a bit of an emotional crisis, at the end he's still able to think in a very rational manner and do what will benefit everyone most in the long term (not confessing his feelings) - that's a very in character way for him to act.

Gellert /and/ Tom... Albus sure knows how to pick 'em, eh? ;)
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
This is a dramatic story. I like how you deskribe Albus and Tom, even if this is a genre I never have read before.

The comment Albus made in the start sounded typical him. And Tom is dark and twisted, but at this point, he still has bit of human feelings left.
MagixDiana chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Wow. Okay, so at first I was a bit confused because I didn't read the genre but then it all made sense. I think this was a very clever piece of writing, even though it was a strange pairing in my eyes.

I think your Dumbledore was well written, and his character was spot on. The clever line about his age seemed like something he would say in canon. I'm glad he knew that whatever it was he had with Tom was headed for heartbreak, but chose to go with it anyway since it's definitely something he would do.

Tom's character was perfect as well. He was very intimidating and dark, like he should be.

The last line was rather sad, in my opinion. Maybe if Tom ever heard those words he would have been different. Less... evil, perhaps. Anyway, it was a good way to end the story and I'm very glad I read this.
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This story is amazing. It's chilling, haunting and true to both respective characters. What astonished me was how natural you made this pairing seem, and the fact that I didn't at any point think 1) Bloody hell, I'm reading slash! My eyes are burning! 2) This isn't realistic... shows how incredibly well written this story really was. There are so many good things about it, and my favourite was your presentation of Dumbledore:

"Old enough to know what I'm doing and young enough to still do it,"

It was a delightfully witty line, and I could imagine Dumbledore saying it. It was also an excellent way of diverting Tom's attention from his true age. What made it so effective was that you didn't deviate from his character and treat him like a different person simply because of his sex life or intentions towards Tom. I also liked the idea of Tom reacting in his own way:

"A corner of his mouth turned up briefly before he resumed frowning."

He was so calculating, and that he was amused only for a moment was very telling. It showed that Dumbledore could get through to him, and also that he had different aims/feelings/criteria than an ordinary person. It made him remarkable, and not necessarily in a good way - this was very true to his character.

Your description of their mutual attraction was wonderful:

"A delicious sort of temptation had always lurked beneath the surface, just waiting for one of them to break the tension with one carefully measured step."

I loved it. It was as though Dumbledore felt a little guilty - whether that was in relation to his homosexuality during a conservative era, or Tom being so young, or even a combination of the two, it worked very well indeed. You also made his feelings seem nothing short of beautiful, your poetic language allowing for the reader to enjoy, even savour, the idea of them together.

I know that I've already said I have a favourite thing, but here is another:

"With Tom, Albus wished to show a damaged boy that he didn't have to live his life in the kind of darkness that Gellert had freely embraced."

The fact that you didn't brush over his relationship with Grindelwald, instead showing how it had influenced and changed Dumbledore, added a certain believability to this story, and also made it easier for the reader to understand his own aims with the relationship between him and Tom. Maybe he was looking for a second chance, perhaps he was simply drawn to the darkness. He might have seeking a means by which to justify it to himself, or maybe his intentions were truly honourable... It's open to interpretation, which fits in with a lot about Dumbledore's sexuality as presented in canon. Personally, I think that was all of the above, to a certain extent. This story was extremely thought provoking.

"Tom didn't have to know that. He only had to know he had a choice."

This perspective was characteristic of Dumbledore. Ultimately, he believed that he knew what was right and was willing to conceal certain facts in order for a person to be guided towards it.

"Tom could not recognize love as anything more than a tool to manipulate and Albus...well, he'd had enough of that type of frivolity and the pain that resulted."

What made this pairing work (and it never has, until now) was that you didn't sugar-coat or romanticise anything about the situation. You dealt with the perceived negative aspects of both characters, and even their views on love, with cool realism. In a perverse way, that made it seem all the more delicious.

The last line was flawless:

"Even if it meant Tom would never hear those three words from anyone."

That was a devastatingly brilliant conclusion. It showed a degree of selfishness, humanity and self-preservation from Dumbledore that made him very easy to relate to, because no matter how great a wizard he was, he was simply a man in love with the wrong boy. Again. I haven't a single criticism to make, which is rare for me. Well done for writing an extraordinary story. Naturally, I'm going to add it to my list of favourite fics.
roslintower chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Wow. Your writing style's amazing, really descriptive. I don't really read this genre or pairing, but you did a good job on this fic. Well done!
ImNotSoEpic chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Ooooh, slash fic... I think.

This plot was hard for me to get completely, but... My brain is switched off today, so...

I really liked that fic.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I loved this :) very well written :)
with the monsters chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
This was a really intriguing look at the two characters. I really liked how Dumbledore got intimidated by Tom - that was a really clever piece of writing, and totally believable. You have a real talent for writing!
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Oh my.

You've put quite a bit on poor Albus's shoulders here. The manipulation, the calculating nature of everything that goes on between your Albus and your Tom; it's so easy to see how young Mr Riddle becomes Voldemort here. How everything failed him, and how he really, really wanted it to fail him. There's so much wrong in your Albus/Tom romance, and it's oh, so right. Love this pairing, love the tension that's thick in your prose, love the way you've painted this debauched picture so scarily real. Gorgeous, gorgeous piece.
Schermionie chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Ah, I love it! It's really charged - feels just as much a battle as it does when they meet in the books, except it has different, scarier undertones to it.

I was so surprised by this. It's brilliant.
xabandonedaccountx chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Interesting how Dumbledore believes that he could save Tom. Kinda sad how he knows that TOm will never hear those three words though.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Wow! I love how Albus persuades himself that this could be the saving of Tom. Powerful stuff.