Reviews for One Last Time
H.G chapter 1 . 6/3/2016
Very sweet!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
This is a well written story, true to Tolkien, and I don't see any slash in it.
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Wow, this is amazing. I only got into this fandom recently, and I can honestly say that I've found very few stories at stick to the canon and keep the characters in-character. This does both:) I appreciate the fact that it isn't slash as well. I feel like every LotR fanfic is either a Legolas/OC, an Aragorn/Legolas slash, or Frodo/Sam slash...

Anyway, I really loved this. Instant favorite!
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
I love this story. It's so nice to see Frodo thinking about Sam, and all he's meant to him. And I loved the timing of it, so that Frodo and he can sleep hand in hand one last time.
"Through the fevered nightmare of bearing the Ring across Gorgoroth, Frodo had been aware of Sam’s strong arms steadying him, comforting him as he trembled with the weight of his burden, holding him in the night when the darkness had threatened to conquer his mind. Sam’s love had been the only thing that had kept Frodo alive in those dark days, the only thing that had saved him."
What an evocative piece of description this is!
Thank you!
M M Forever chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
That was SO GOOD! Me likes! (and I tell you this, I'm very picky about my LotR fan fics.) I really should change my name, as I'm no longer into Digimon... back to the original obsession I've had since I was 4... Viva la LOTR!
TheSilentScribe chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
Oh wow

this is really good. you should definatly keep working. t5his is really good.

i await the next chapter

ttyl Peace Out
Trilliah chapter 1 . 6/18/2002
Hello! Thank you for your review of my story-I'm truly glad you enjoyed it! I didn't recognize your name, so I decided to see what you'd written...and I'm *ever* so glad that I did! I don't know *how* I missed this before! This was just...just heart-wrenching! The idea of Frodo watching over Sam as he slept was so sweet by itself, but added to all those flashbacks...and Frodo's talking to Sam while Sam was asleep...Aaah! (My favorite was, "I was so lonely, Sam...did you know, somehow?") Aah this was awesome and wonderful and just...aah incredible! I think the part that got to me the most was just the last line. "One last time..." I actually went, "Aaah!" out loud, it was so sad! *sigh* Okay, enough from me, I'm off to read your other fics. :) Hopefully will be functioning again someday soon...*grumbles*
acorngirl chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
This was a really wonderful story. One of the beautiful things about your stories is that you take the effort to express the emotions that may have been missing from the Tolkien books. It would really be interesting to see how you thought Frodo saying goodbye to Rosie would have gone. They never really even exchanged words in the books. Thank you for such heartwarming insight. You are truly one of my favorite writers here.
Sadriena chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
"You did save me Sam. As much as I could be saved.." This line stuck in my head for some reason. This is absolutely beautiful and so moving. The ending of ROTK was just heartbreaking and you captured Frodo's emotions perfectly. Thank you for this deeper glimpse of Frodo's mind during one of the most heartbreaking parts of LotR.
Kryal chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
*sniffles* This is lovely. Everything just sort of ENDED in the books; it's nice to see what happened a little closer. I especially like how you connected the present with the past. Keep up the good work.

One bit of advice to speed you on your way: start a new paragraph when someone new is speaking. Otherwise things get confused. _V
Hope33 chapter 1 . 2/21/2002
i really like this... its written well, not too over the top, but still quite revealing... besides, i love reading fics that don't stray tooo far from the text... rather expanding it ... know what i mean ;)
Spot's Fairy Too lazy to login chapter 1 . 2/10/2002
Awww that was be-u-ti-ful!Loved it!
Pearl chapter 1 . 2/10/2002
This is one of the best Frodo/Sam fanfics I've read. Very sensitively done, and the flashbacks work well. Your characterisation of both is spot-on.
Nilramiel chapter 1 . 2/8/2002
Oh my, Ron's Girl - that is so absolutely incredible! I am sitting here with tears running down my face and i can'r stop! I have always thought about how hard it was on Sam to have Frodo leave, but never thought about how Frodo must have felt. Thank you for a wonderful interpretation!
Cat's Meow chapter 1 . 2/8/2002
Very nice! It's been a while since I read the book Lord of the Rings and I have yet to see the movie...but I remember Frodo and Samwise and that they are close to each other, especially Samwise who was quite devoted to Frodo. The way the fic read, It seems like you intend that they are more than just close friends. I'm not sure I care too much for this type of relationship, but I do want to tell you that it is very well-written story, and I enjoyed it just the same. I'm giving you a thumbs up.