Reviews for Bravery
bubbleteahime chapter 1 . 3/26
This is probably one of my favorite portrayals of this ship on FF.
I love how you portray Taiwan's inner strength and resilience, Japan's terrible empire-mindset and current inability to ask for forgiveness, and their entire dynamic through history.
I really like that Taiwan has not forgiven him, but will try to anyways. It's a lot more fitting for them, and it doesn't overlook the suffering Taiwanese people still bore in spite of the comparatively good treatment.
It's very well-researched, though. (Which I can't really say for most of the Taiwan fics here.)

Anyways, wonderful work!
Reader chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
A well written story; good job!
sparkling apples chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
woah this sure had been an amazing read!
VocaloidSH chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
This is soooooo great! I wish u wld do more! It's amazingly written and I luv how u made the characters out to b. and how u wrote it to b historically correct, just beautiful!
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This is... I love it so - OKAY I ADMIT IN ALL MY PERVERSE, YOU MADE ME A SHIPPER- and historical accuracy just melts me inside.

*breaks the fav box*
Fantasy chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
He killed South Korea? What? WHAT?
TheMaudlinEffect chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
I loved the way you described Japan...

You covered the Taiwan-Japan interaction well.

It was perfect!
chibiaries chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
This is absolutely gorgeous, with the descriptions and the poetic-lines and the flow of the story was amazing.

You also managed to capture Black!Kiku/Yandere!Japan very well, and it was heartbreaking.
nish chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I just had to review this. Beautiful, powerful, poetic. I didn't think I'd find a story about East Asia with much of a historical accuracy, but you've proven me wrong. Not to mention the way you handled the past and the present is just as graceful.

This is definitely going to be one of my favorite Hetalia stories. Bravo!
mutemockingjay chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I have a tendency to review as I go along so here goes...

Beautiful, beautiful quote at the beginning. An excellent choice; very powerful. So is your imagery in the first section of this, and the choice of present tense makes it feel even more poetic. The words flow so well- it's striking.

In the second paragraph of the second section you do switch from past to present in a single line. I get the effect you were going for there with the "She remembers his warm skin and slender fingers" style wise but with that being the only present tense sentence in that paragraph it comes off as more of a mistake or mistype than anything else.

The rest of that section and the third (especially the end of the third) was truly stunning. I loved the comparison you drew with his hands- from artist to killer, how that changed him, and changed how she felt about him.

I have no critique on the rest of this, to be honest. Sorry if that isn't exactly what you would like, but what you've done here is so powerful, something that stays in the heart and mind for quite some time.

In regards to the touchy subject matter I think you handled it with respect, subtlety and grace.

Very, very well done.

-Tucker
FactPandasEatMeat chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
lol I don't have a strong stomache, but I already searched for it. It's quite disgusting actually, that people would do such a thing.
blind-alchemist chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Raw, beautiful imagery compliment subtle yet strikingly effective prose. Your portrayal of the relationships between Taiwan, Japan, China and Korea is realistic, powerful, and emotional; at times hard to read and equally hard to put down. This story touched my heart and I loved the ending. Splendid work.
high improbability chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
What. This. What.

It's beautiful, descriptive, and incredibly heartrending. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Amazing job!
PickledPlum chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Very excellent; I love the historical accuracy (even though, as a Japanese, being reminded of our terrible history with our neighboring Asian countries always makes me cringe with shame).
All in all, it's nice to see that the history was very poetically presented, and that you stayed true to the characters, even when adding a yandere twist.
Yin.Hearts.Yang chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Very powerful, beautiful story. I love the historical accuracy in this, more Hetalia fics need to be like this.
~Y*Y