Reviews for Strange Bedfellows
Fanwright chapter 1 . 4/27
Man, I don't care if they are superficially or realistically in character this was funny as heck. I had always wanted to read about or write about a "hangover" incident involving Sokka, Azula, and any other characters from the show. And this delivered!

First off, you did a wonderful job with how vague the story starts, in a similar fashion of how one wakes up after a particularly rowdy night or from a cruel hangover. Few details to concentrate on other than what each character can feel most acutely at the moment of waking up, followed by the slow reawakening of the senses, the debilitating aches and pains of a rough night, and the inevitable shock and terror of discovering the aftermath of one's escapades. I just want to say that your summary was delightfully misleading, contrasting to what I was reading, urging me to find what was going on. In my mind, due to the summary, I had an image of Toph, Zuko, and Iroh all waking up next to someone, with the vagueness of some of the scenes amplifying my desire read on and find out who each one was, horror laying in the back my mind.

Then I realized that the tags had Aang and Sokka in it (which made my mind race with uncomfortable possibilities), only to realize that Azula and her team were here as well and the Gaang, minus Toph, were there and something very off. Again my mind raced and as I read I was pleasantly surprised at who got with who, all having various degrees of contentment followed by heart-attack inducing shock.

Again, my favorite portions of this story were from the beginning to just before the main flashbacks, where you piece together what had happened to all six people in the same way one regains their faculties after waking up. Its a stream of consciousness that flows naturally with the writing and it comes off as being genuine to how people would think as a situation is made clear to them. Sokka's thought processes and Aang's "whothefuckwasthat" line stand out to me and I got a laugh out of it.

Another noteworthy perspective was Azula's POV and how she reacted. While clearly spun with humor in mind, you actually portrayed as in character in my opinion. Put on the battlefield and she is right at home, but a seedy bar in the Earth Kingdom? Socializing? Not her strong suit, and her actions reflect this, keeping in mind the Ember Island episode. Sokka in contrast seems perfectly comfortable withe everything and all goes his way until he realizes he was in way over his head far too late. I love how you portrayed each of them thinking they are in control of the situation, while quite obviously having no idea what they are doing, yet somehow going off on the same wavelength and enjoying it.

Katara was a big surprise as well. Poor naive Aang not getting the hint that Katara definitely was swinging another way. Even then, one gets the feeling that even Katara didn't even know she felt that way until Ty Lee started talking to her. As she discovers, we discover.

Mai surprisingly comes out perfectly unaffected and you'd think you would see that from Azula.

Anyway, this was a great read! As always I'm happy to see some sokkla and I'm always surprised I get to find some hidden on this site that were not tagged as one. Its like finding a long lost treasure.

Good Stuff!
Waywardneko chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Snerk... This was awkwardly funny the way cracktastic fics usually are. I usually don't like this stuff all that well, but this was good.
Pffft... Mai...
PoptartProdigy chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Hehehe...I have *no idea whatsoever* what I just read had to do with the description, but it was utterly hilarious. God, I love the internet.
Eve chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Ohhh, Mai! So funny! Thank the Spirits though, I was really worried for Aang for a second though. :P
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
:D Hahahahahahahaha! Awesome.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
It would be really fun to read more of where this is going...
TiaBolt chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm done now-this was hilarious!
Amy Raine chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
The only thing that bothered me is that this seems to be set during the series and everyone is so young...

but I laughed so hard I snorted. So I've no room to criticize. Love it!
Sash'Rahaal chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Oh man this was just fun. Just...I don't even know how else to describe it. Half of said fun was trying to work out who had slept with whom, and the other half was the grinding halt my brain came to when I realized that the only unmatched pair left were Katara and Ty Lee...

Also, because I've been reading through The Crow and the Butterfly and Knives in the Dark, I feel I should take the time to say that I really love how you write Mai. Sokka is well done to, but in a way that I can look at the things he does and think "Yeah, that meshes with how he acts in canon." Mai is done in a way that I think "She should have been more like this in canon."
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I cracked up laughing at least three different times while reading this! Great job!
whiskedaway chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
lolololol xD

There arent any other words needed.
TharzZzDunN chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Loved it!

I only wish that there was more, but such a wonderfully understated way of telling a story without getting too dry in the details.
ADD Kyuubi Naruto chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
This fic needs a fucking sequel...a long looooooooooooooooong sequel
alyuchiha913 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
ROTFLMAO. This was pure insanity! Nice work! XD

Peace Out! _
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
hillarious. the only thing funnier would be if one of them were pregnant.