Reviews for Blood of Mud, Wing of Bat
Palindroame chapter 38 . 6/29/2004
Cool story. I can't wait to read more!
sugar n spice 522 chapter 38 . 6/29/2004
its really good i cant wait till you post again...
Arafel2 chapter 38 . 6/29/2004
This was perhaps my favorite chapter in this story so far. I loved all the details revieled. I can much better assess Draco's actions. I can't wait for the next chapter :)
Polar Thestral chapter 38 . 6/29/2004
I'm really intrigued by Draco's relationship to St. James. It's sort of reluctant respect. Very complicated, which is my favourite type of relationship and you have captured it so well.

I love all the contradictions in your story, the blurring of the lines between black and white until they aren't even there, just a bunch of grey smudges. I really loathe Nesbitt, he is a ruthless bastard that's for sure - he completely manipulates the system with quite a malicious intent.

I was so happy to learn a bit about Malfoy's health issues - it's so sad that he is willing to watch himself burn out rather than saving himself. He's in quite a horrible position really, he can't save himself - either way he will die and soon. How horrible.

I am so in love with this story, it really is amazing. The detail, the characterisations. Even your OC's feel like they were a part of JK's world from the beginning. Amazing.

Please come back soon,

B x
mesmer chapter 38 . 6/29/2004
i really like the way you secretly remind the readers that there's the issue of why malfoy wants to pursue batwing so much. that was such a good hook because it made me yearn for more information. i find hermione being a fly hilarious, because it is so contrary to what people would think of; yet it is a stroke of genius because that form has so many advantages. as i think about it now, i think it quite fits her personality very well.
the road to damascus chapter 37 . 6/15/2004
I really like what you've done here. This seems to me the most realistic projection of Hermione's future, as well as Malfoy's. I also think you're a great writer-you've simulateously evoked a great deal of sympathy for Malfoy while at the same time demonstrating that he is the nasty evil little bugger. Though too bad he will never have anything go right for him. In that same vein, with the "You Know Who's Letters" chapter, I think you've really hit the nail on the head in terms of what it truly means to be in Voldemort's clutches...what a terrifying prospect. I also like your subplots, the whole Auror situation is all very Secret Police/Nazi Germany. Your central themes, the abuse of power and the interpretation of truth, also resonate with the books. All in all, this is the most in-character and in-canon story I've read, and it is quite and exciting read.
sugar n spice chapter 37 . 6/8/2004
thats not an account just a name to sign with but i just wanted to tell you i think your story is great and i want you to keep updating so i can read more of it. please. pretty please. lol. i really like it though and i look foward to when you do update (soon?). well i think thats all i wanted to say so bye...
NaughtyTautology chapter 37 . 5/24/2004
Hello, I'm glad you updated. Now I'm curious to see how you will bring Harry into this story. keep up the good work
Carmione chapter 11 . 5/22/2004
Phew! That was a very stressful chapter, I must say. But I'm definitely enjoying your story!
Elbereth chapter 37 . 5/20/2004
Hey, I've been reading your fanfic (and yes, I did review at least once before- possibly under an aka). Anyway, I love it! So, keep going! Heh heh, aren't I selfish. Actually I really like the way all of the "good people" (or some of them) are shown looking at things through their own lense. I mean, J.K. Rowling writes with a very black and white outlook (from Harry's POV) and you show how each person's "good" and "bad" look different from another point of view. OK, long explanation. But basically, not many fanfics get at that, and you do it beautifully. Keep it up!
Sorceress Jade chapter 37 . 5/19/2004
FABULOUS! I realize I don't review every chapter, but I still adore your story. It's my favorite. This is where I come for my Potter fix.
Either my memory failed me or I didn't pick up the hints about Harry. I'm quite interested in finding out what went down with him and what he's up to. I'm glad Mione noticed the cats now... she's on to them (although she doesn't know it yet, lol).
And Merlin's Beard! I hadn't realized it's only been 3 days, it seems like so much longer. Just wonderful, I look forward to the next chapter. Your rock steady, don't let anyone rush you. Thanx!
Kou Shun'u chapter 37 . 5/19/2004
wow, mr. harry potter might just enter the fic. how suprising. and i guess we might just see what had happened in that discontinued trilogy.
i kinda wish i got to see more of the howlers but it was more amusing this way i guess. and i also wonder of christopher seemingly getting off scottfree. i think that $hit would propply hit the fan and plop on to the rest piled up.
but cool it seems like this might be some kinda big turning point in the story.
and damn im curious about sheila and ron.
man, i just want to know EVERYTHING.
as i say, over and over again-this is the best hp fic ever written. its so incredibly wonderful and just means so much to me.
thanks and please write more soon.
hota-chan chapter 37 . 5/18/2004
I liked the howler touch. It helped lay out where she stands with everyone. I can't wait for your next update.
Carmen chapter 37 . 5/18/2004
OMG! I just found this story and read it all! This story is so AWESOME, I love it so much! This has got to be my favorite Draco/Hermione fic EVER! More soon please!
Polar Thestral chapter 37 . 5/18/2004
Finally! That exclamation is in reference to FINALLY getting a part and Hermione FINALLY yelling at everyone who desserves to be completely and utterly bitch-slapped.
It's funny that the person she didn't send a howler to - is Malfoy himself. I still can't believe Ron just left when his wife was in jail, not only that but he LEFT her to be bailed out by the person he hates most in the world. Yet he has the hide to berate her for working with Malfoy in the first place. I can't believe he did that! (suffering from Hermione-howl syndrome, I think this reply is going to continue in this fashion. Starts out nice, ends up ranting ;)
I can't believe that a Weasley lowered the wards on the Burrow as well. Ruthless hardly seems to be the right word, it's just such a betrayal. The fact that the act has been done is a betrayal in itself, but the fact that they don't trust her and seem to want to catch Malfoy more than protext her is an even bigger betrayal.
I really enjoy your owl/howl chapters. They're quick moving, detailed and absolutely hilarious. And I'm so glad she wrote to Harry! Out of the all the mysteries in this great story, the mystery of Harry's disappearance is what interests me most.
I hope he reappears at some point and we can settle some of those malfoy/auror issues.
Thankyou so much for your brilliant story!
Love Belinda xx