Reviews for Blood of Mud, Wing of Bat
dragonodare chapter 39 . 9/26/2004
Poor, pitiful, clueless, unfaithful Ron. It was nice to see his side of the story. Now write a real chapter! Grr. Blarg. _
Dreaming One chapter 39 . 9/25/2004
Oh my-! I hven't read this fic since chapter 28 before today, and now that I'm caught up and into it again...GAARR! This is such a frustrating story! I've read very few stories that make me feel as exhausted and despondant as this one. Especially on Draco's behalf. He is absolutely, positively, completely trapped. I keep thinking that he'd be better off dead than living like this. He needs a friend. His situation is so sad it makes me want to cry, for heaven's sake! And now Hermione is getting wound up under similar circumstances, and her husband is too pathetic to live. Her kids are troubled and evil. Speking of kids, poor Salazar! He must be Malfoy's secret keeper, right? If so, Draco must have been pretty desperate to get his son involved in his sticky affairs.

Now, as for technical criticisms and so forth...I don't have many. Obviously your writing skills are fantabulous, there are few to no grammatical errors, and the description is lovely. I do think that the story soon needs to build towards some sort of hope, though. Draco and Hermione need to work together, and they need a plan. Or something. You need to give your readers some hope. Hope hope hope, I can't stress it enough. It's too far into the fic for it not to be present. It would be really, really fun if a tiny, itty thread of romance appeared as a possibility between Hermione and Draco, but you seem extremely stubborn and reluctant to let that happen. WHY? It would add SO much to the plot, and just might provide the hope, lol. Just...consider it, would you? ;) I love the fic no matter what, though.

Update Soon!

~May
lecelli chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Wow- I can't wait to read more!
arbitrary chapter 39 . 9/14/2004
sheesh... suddenly all that anger I was feeling toward Ron has evaporated.

what exactly is going on?
Polar Thestral chapter 39 . 9/8/2004
Well that answers that question. Those aurors are bloody EVIL. They don't seem to care whether or not a person is actually guilty, just whether or not they can make them look guilty. I still think Ron is a prat for cheating on her in the first place, but damn that was cruel of them to cause unnecessary marriage problems.

As usual your OWLS had me half in histerics and half intrigued about events we haven't been prviy too. That owl at the game sounded hilarious. I hope you come back soon, I was really starting to fret about whether you'd ever update this wonderful story!

Please come back soon,

B x
Okay chapter 23 . 9/8/2004
There is no such thing as a student wand. You have your wand for life unless it snaps. Remember book 4? ::Sigh:: How old are you?
Okay chapter 21 . 9/8/2004
You don't have to train to use a wand that is not bonded to you. Ron used his brother's till 3rd year. Neville used his father's. Sirius used Ron's in the thrid book. Wormtail used Voldies in the fourth book.
Okay chapter 20 . 9/8/2004
What is it with you and the Weasleys? You made arthur BAD. I mean he's the nicest guy. Have you even read the books? Did you understand the books?
okay chapter 15 . 9/8/2004
Is voldie alive? He wasn't defeated? Because if that's the case life wouldn't be all happy. Now if he's alive he's OLD. He was born around the year of 1926. Read book two if you do not believe. This is taking place in 2020? If so that would make Voldie almost a 100 years old.
Okay chapter 12 . 9/8/2004
It's Rita. How come Harry is never mentioned? Ginny would never be friends with Pansy. Harry is going to defeat Voldie when he is 17. So if they are all 40 that makes it 23 years after Voldies defeat. Why would they still be after a death eater Draco? It makes no sense.
Okay chapter 8 . 9/8/2004
Something from another chapter bothered me. You can tell from HP&PS that Ron gets his temper FROM HIS MOTHER not his father. Mr. Weasley is kind hearted and quiet. You don't have Vincent stupid in this story. He is. Goyle is too.
mouse chapter 39 . 9/8/2004
Hurray, at last. I can not believe that this has at least only 10% of the re3views it receives. It's absolutely riveting.
Sorceress Jade chapter 39 . 9/7/2004
Wow, and I was getting used to hating Ron. Good idea w/ the wards, that all fit together very nicely. I always love your passing mentions of the war too. It gives a certain starkness to the image I have of the wizarding world in this era.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to find out what his sheila excuse is. I'd rather if she was a hussy, but I'm guessing you are gearing more for the happily ever after sort of marriage.

Heheh, I never really noticed how it looked like they were holding hands, how scandelous! Love it as always, and as always I eagerly awaite the next chapter. This is a fabulous fic.
Shanti.Writes chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Whippy, this is beautiful as always. I love your characterizations because they are so REAL. As a Nurse, I have HAD these conversations with drug-addicted patients as St James did with Draco. I can just imagine Ron's panicked writing of his letters, becoming more and more frantic as he can't reach his wife. I can HEAR Hermione's voice through the Howlers.

You have a gift. I thank you for sharing it with us in the form of your brilliant writing, and am honored to call you a friend.
mr. moony chapter 39 . 9/7/2004