Reviews for King of Toys
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Love love this
OtakuAme chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
O.O you write so well... I love it, it's so perfect, accurate to personalities, and the writing style somehow draws me in (if that makes sence, idk how else to describe it). I feel this could have easily happened omg, beautiful
The Strongest Hero chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Wow. This is so intense and dark, I just love it. I would love to see how something like this would play out in a longer chapter story, but this is wonderful nonetheless. Keep it up -
AtomicKokoro chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
This was pretty dark. At the end, I actually covered my mouth. I was kind of surprised- No...I wanna say shocked...I guess you're ending was different-er than I expected it to be. Very good.

Keep up the great work!
Vasilisa23 chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
This was completely awesome. That is all.
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Absolutely loved it! You displayed their violent and saddened and sadistic emotions very well. I also like how you decided to carry out the story from Mikado's POV. Once again, nice job! ;D
fantacination chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Great work! Definitely the best in quality of the Izaya/Kida fic I've seen so far, so doubly kudos for not only writing a minor pairing, but writing it so /well/.

I particularly liked how you made sure Izaya was figuratively /and/ literally screwing Kida. XD; Might have to look up the translation that prompted this fic, sounds like it'd be interesting! And hey all that jfanart for them wouldn't exist if it wasn't. :)
LithiumFuufy chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Looking at fics like this, I have to wonder why my friends can't view the wonders of dysfuctional romance ;3

That was really well written, and I thoroughly enjoyed it ~
sevenfivetwo chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
That was a very descriptive story, doodlefreak! I shivered reading this! You made Izaya as bad as he can be here. I loved it. Hope to hear more from you! :D (I like the pairing(s) too)
Maydn chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Wow, this story is intense! The narration is really great, although I can't compare it to Narita's because I have yet to read any of his novels; I'm only familiar with the anime adaptions... Still, I think the style really fits to what you describe; the use of present tense works well and the choice of having it all described through Mikado's eyes is a great idea, and even the hint of mystery about the 'how' is very much Durarara-like as well.

The small details are particularly wonderful. Loved e.g. the thoughts about Izaya's hands that look so clean and "even his nails are trimmed with the delicacy of a woman" despite what these hands usually do and how much (maybe rather proverbial) blood should stain them.

The underlying conflict of Kida's care for his friends vs. his own desires, creates some nice tension that's way more interesting than a simple approach of one of these things leading him into Izaya's embrace would have been, and the whole dark, ominous atmosphere really fits to that.

I would have loved seeing that "problem" played out in a longer story, especially the part Mikado would take would be so interesting: trying to really learn more about Kida, his past experiences, his connection to Izaya, maybe trying to help, etc. But I also see how nicely rounded up everything is, with the story ending as it is. I enjoyed this very, very much - thank you for sharing! :)
minhako chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Gotta say, this was awesome. :'Q Not only did you capture Kizaya amazingly ~ C': But you also showed Mikado's feelings. '3 Bravo ~
Rika chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
:) Oh god... This is so awesome and hot I can't describe it.
City Lights Burn chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
well done! this is my fave. pairing ever !