Reviews for Different Techniques
goddessa39 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
O.M.G. I LOVED THIS! I've gotten into the whole Ranma 1/2 thing lately because of an awesome xover with the Naruto canon. There aren't enough out there as it is.

This is pretty awesome itself though I was hoping for a NaruHina. Maybe turn her into a closet!blackmailer doing her best to keep the damn COuncil off Naruto's back while taking the reigns on the Hyuga Clan as a unparallel to Ranma/Nabiki fics out there.

Also, I have a weird picture of Lee as PantyhoseTaro in my head. Don't know why. But then wouldn't that turn Gaara and Orochimaru into Herb or the Phoenix dude, in either order? But then, what about Akatsuki? Or what about the Kunos? Maybe Hana is after Naruto and Kiba finds Naruto disguised as Naruko for a mission and neither will believe the other?

...that would make it awesome if it were to end up NaruHina, but it was Hanabi after Naruto and Neji after Naruko (he could never be wrong, of course, because hes a Hyuga and he knows better and... bla bla bla.)
prudiisten chapter 5 . 12/1/2011
This is really good. I love chapter 5. You should continue the story.
mountainelements chapter 8 . 10/12/2011
"But I bet no one will EVER figure out where I end up sticking him."

For some reason, I can't get out of my head the idea of Naruto as the Daimyo's tax auditor with glasses and a clipboard. I think it's because of how Naruto's supposed to be a genius in this.
mountainelements chapter 5 . 10/6/2011
This chapter and the previous one are both really good, and I haven't even read all of this series yet! Any chance of them being continued?
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 9 . 8/14/2011
Eh, I get the feeling it would have been better as a straight Naruto fic (with him learning the truth and the girls either trying to convince him to avenge Konoha or just defeat Akatsuki so that they could then live in relative peace) or a crossover with a different series (something closer to his power level).

Nothing less than nukes should phase this Super Naruto (maybe not even that if he could defeat other jinchuuriki) and nukes aren't exactly common in Cowboy Bebop. The only real threat would be space battles (due to the threat of ending up in hard vaccuum) and dealing with that should be as simple as just staying put on Earth so that they don't become an issue. It's not like he has any incentive to trapeze around the solar system and Akatsuki isn't reaching him any time soon if ever. Him ending up like Vicious seems impossible if only because Vicious was always obsessive, borderline cruel and ambitious, traits that this Naruto lacks.

All in all, I don't think it compares to "A Different Shade of Blonde", sorry to say, but the beginning is very interesting.
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 5 . 8/14/2011
Another story that would make an excellent full-length fic! I have no idea why you think these should be classified as crack? I have seen supposedly serious attempts at "Naruto jojns Akatsuki" fics that weren't half as well written as this! If it weren't for the fact that it would undermine "Escape From the Hokage's Hat" I would consider begging you to start writing this or at least a one-shot sequel!
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 4 . 8/14/2011
D*mn, but this chapter should be made into a full-length fic! Ino's understanding of Naruto is lacking enough that she won't be able to just waltz through everything, even if Naruto somehow gets the same missions he had in the original timeline, so that keeps things fresh and it'd be interesting to see how she manages to make him stronger while trying to hide her full skills and knowledge from Kurenai and others! Incidentally, this is probably the best portrayal of Ino I have ever seen in a fic and it seems almost criminal that she only gets a one-shot's worth of screen-time!
TJG chapter 9 . 8/3/2011
The various chapters look good.

Regarding the space cowboy one, it is interesting in how a lot of people screwed themselves up.

In the end Madara and Pain did something that had a result that they were trying to avoid. With no sign of Naruto, the various ninja groups would focus on killing Akatsuki. Not only that the Damiyos may suddenly realize that they are a threat to them that needs to be exterminated at all costs or they will be next.

It is ironic that the least protected or liked end up being essentially the sole remaining legacy of the village and it might even be the remainder of the ninjas of their world, if the resulting war results in the damiyos wiping out what is left of all ninjas to stop Akastuki or anyone like them again. Then again, Naruto's group probably believe that they were intended to be killed in a trap. The group skills is also ironically a rather complete representative cross-section of ninja skills of their world.

As odd as it may seem, it is likely that the group would be very interested in getting new technology and information about their new "world" if for no other reason to make sure that they are not taken by surprise and stack the deck in their favor no matter what the situation. They might also be on the look out for signs of their old world, if at least to make sure they avoid it. Knowing that there are galactic civilizations out there is a bit of eye-opener. They might even consider ways it might be possible to conquer it all if the crime situation is all that high (which indicates a breakdown of law).
Dracco chapter 9 . 7/14/2011
'Kay, so I read your stories and Cowboy and Different Shade seem to be the most promising. I certainly wouldn't mind reading full story versions of either.
uo-chou chapter 9 . 7/11/2011
Wow, that was just the intro? It was awesome! I really hope you do another chapter of them interacting with Bebop characters!
xBud chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Def Loved it from start to finish
simaetha chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Meh. I have really high standards for darkfic these days: you're not being nearly nasty enough! :P I think the problem is that you skim over so much - a list of deaths in itself doesn't have that much impact.

Plus... you've killed off all the characters I care about except four. Of those four, you might as well have killed off Naruto, because this sure as hell isn't the character I liked in canon. (It's really difficult to care about a character who appears to have no personality beyond being Super. It's not as if he seems to particularly care about anyone himself. Not very sympathetic.) Meanwhile, the three kunoichi have yet to acquire any role in the story beyond Naruto's potential love interests.

The thing is, for a good fic, you need plot - which you are doing well. But you also need interesting characters and an emotional arc. It is REALLY hard to get people interested in a main character who doesn't appear to have any strong emotions about anything and whose reaction to the loss of all his friends is apathy. (Though you will probably get plenty of reviewers who are happy to read anything involving Naruto Sue and more than one girl - I'd have expected the sheer number of harem fics in this fandom to desensitise me, but I think I'm actually getting more annoyed the more I come across. ugh.)

I dunno, I often enjoy your fic, so I feel vaguely bad about leaving a more detailed review on the one thing I really dislike. It's always easier to find things to say when it's criticism rather than praise, I suppose. :(
bakapervert chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Thanks for the update. Good one.
Octol chapter 9 . 7/9/2011
Nice! You should write Dark!fics more often. I can't really say I found anything to be bad in this chapter (maybe some spelling errors, but perhaps I'm confusing this story with another one).

Looking forward to future installations of Naruto the Space Cowboy.
Pandecio chapter 9 . 7/9/2011
...wow, that was a great oneshot...which i hope does not stay as a one shot.
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »