Reviews for Nonexistent Mourning
Guest chapter 7 . 5/17/2013
I love it! Please continue
SnarkWrangler chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
How deliciously bittersweet! It's very in character and the story is touching and fulfilling. Thank you for sharing this lovely story.
TheVariable chapter 7 . 11/6/2010
A very interesting take on a possibility.

I'll keep my beady little eyes on this :)

And forgive me, but I'd like to venture a theory that the Shukaku has taken the form of its last host-that is Gaara?

This is a very nice AU you have here, with characters that are-um, well. Angsty-but believable.

I liked it. And Naruto...hehehe. Everything gets interesting with Naruto.
simaetha chapter 6 . 9/14/2010
...this practically made me cry :(
Imperial Dragon chapter 6 . 9/12/2010
I cried when I read the last chapter.
caraniente chapter 6 . 8/24/2010
That was really nice. It was properly built up, well written, and the last scene, the going through the things, was very accurate based on my experience of having to clear out a deceased relatives things... I liked the almost-not-quite anger over the death of Gaara, the sort of limbo-ness of it, because even though you know what you should feel it isn't necessarily what you do feel... I've had close relatives die when, really, they're so in pain by the end that you feel relief, because they're at peace, and you know it's not how you should be feeling. That part of my empathised with this, though really it's the other way for Temari and Kankuro I suppose.

Heh. Anyway... I'm rambling :) Well written, carefully planned, impressive.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 5 . 8/11/2010
Read it again... love the way you set everything up, and the way you had Suna not liking to ask for help from other villages. And these reviews are for reviewing Pieces, by Sincynati.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
Hmm... interesting. Not OOC, Gaara is still human even if alone and twisted. Good, sad, touch!
Sincynati chapter 6 . 8/2/2010
Dang that was so good.

That was just amazing. I can't believe it took me this long to get back to it... but I mean...

You have this amazing knack for writing. I appreciate the depth you put in your stories, like you said, instead of writing "he was sad", you imply the emotion. It leaves a much stronger emotion that grabs out towards the readers.

I don't think Gaara was OOC at all in that. In fact, it made the fic a hundred times sweeter, and so much more better/worse (in the way it hurts you more to read- he wasn't a complete demon, he was human.)

This was just amazing. I love the emotion you pour into it, and ... wow.

Going on Favorites. I'm surprised this doesn't have more reviews, it's amazing. Keep writing!

Sincynati
Kat chapter 6 . 7/24/2010
This is very good. I've always felt more sorry for Temari and Kankuro than Gaara, actually. His pain is brought up time and again. But theirs is always ignored and they never get credit for what they have for him or when they did try to reach him but he pushed them away.
XHugsOKisses chapter 4 . 6/26/2010
I like your story so far. I'm a huge Sand Sibs fan, but I love Gaara the most, so this story is killing me! I'm excited to see what'll happen next, but I can't help feeling annoyed at the lack of emotion for Gaara. Yeah, I know this is a period when they all hated him, but I just had to say that. Do they know why he has the scar? If they don't, I'd like to see Kankuro and Temari's reaction to that bit of information. Keep the chapters coming! XOXO
Divinehearts chapter 4 . 6/21/2010
Just read all four chapters. I've never encountered a story in which Gaara was actually killed, so it's interesting to see the remaining Sibs reactions. I hope we get to see Temari's point of view soon, maybe even Baki's. Update soon -
Sincynati chapter 4 . 6/9/2010
Haha, right when I started reading this chapter, I was like... really? Haha

So amazing. So purely, absolutely, 100% amazing. It's so touching, and very, very haunting.

All of their personalities where down to a T. Perfect. Haha, Kankurou is just so amazing! You didn't his character so perfectly... absolutely perfect.

Even the other minor characters... the chunin at the gate who where happy be free of that monster, the medics who where just a little scared of Kazekage, but also happy, too... the Kazekage who wasn't about to take the blame for his own son's malnourishment, but instead blame it on his children.

Kankurou's POV was so touching... him trying to convince himself, ok, maybe he cared only a smidge, because Ninja did not show emotion, did not feel. Because they where better off with out him. You portrayed him perfectly. And I loved his accent. :D

Temari, too, and how she -was- better trained in hiding her emotions, but Kankurou was a actor, and could always pretend his way out of things.

Which, really, is a sad thing indeed.

The medic research did seem accurate, at least, to me. Maybe if I was a doctor I would say otherwise, but I'm not, so to the average Peon it's fine. :)

In this chapter, the italics and ()'s weren't as prominent, and actually added very nicely to the mood of the story, so :)

I loved this so much! So good! Absolutely amazing!
Sincynati chapter 3 . 6/7/2010
Very very good, definitely sad. I can only put up with Gaara dying so many times, not to mention ten-year-old Gaara :'(

Just a suggestion-

- The sentences in italics and inside ()'s may work better just interested as regular text, otherwise they seem to be a side thought, and interruption of the story, when they may work best with the flow of the story.

Also, I do believe you got Temari and Kankurou completely correct on how they would act- on the outside. Like you said in your A/N, shinobi, especially Sand shinobi are trained to not have feelings, and definitely not to show them. I think it would be interesting to maybe do just a sentence or two from one of their perspectives, to see their mourning?

Just a suggestion, both of them, not requirements. Otherwise, very well done. :)

-/sincyn
Tiazan chapter 3 . 5/30/2010
I think their reactions were good. Gaara's siblings always seemed to care about him even though he treated them horribly. Gaara was the one who didn't care about them or anyone else.