Reviews for The End and the Beginning
MapleSyrupJunkie chapter 15 . 7/8/2012
Incredible. Thanks for such a piece of writing it's been delicious to read. Love your style, I could not stop reading. Hope to see more of your work soon!
From Thessia To Rannoch chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
This is a good chapter. So far I'm liking this story.

You did a good job with all of the characters. It was touching.

I hope you're still writing because you're really good, and I'd love to read more stuff :)
From Thessia To Rannoch chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
This is for chapter one.

So far, I think this is well written. You did a good job of showing what Liara was like aboard the SR1, like when she apologized to Chakwas for not knowing that she was bleeding. That's something Liara would definitely do. :)

When you had that part where Liara saw the escape pod blast off and thought for sure it was Shepard, I wanted to die of sadness.

Anyway, good job so far. I'm going to read the next chapter now :3
Redbeard-nA-browncoat chapter 14 . 5/19/2011
Why, oh why don't you have more reviews? This is the best Liara centric story on FF by far. Excellent work here, one of my favorites.

-Redbeard
FasterGhost chapter 15 . 5/13/2011
I agree with others. Your description of Liara's shepardless life is very fitting and unique. I look forward to see where you will take this.
Wisegal chapter 15 . 5/11/2011
This story has been an entertaining ride so far. I think you've written Liara's character very well. You've shown the gradual progression towards the person we see in ME2, while still retaining the traits that are fundamental to her personality. The dialogue you've written for her is also very true to the character, something that a lot of writers miss at.

I have to say that my favorite thing about your story is the way you wrote Aethyta. I liked the character in the game, and you've expanded on that wonderfully. The dialogue was perfect for the character, and had me laughing out loud more than once. Liara's reaction to her was also well done. I hope to see more of this character in your story, because you write her so well!

Looking forward to the next chapter :)
celerystick009 chapter 15 . 5/11/2011
Your story is one of the very few expertly-written gems that I am always pleased to find. As other reviewers have said, you capture perfectly Liara's personality in a way that fits with how I imagine her to be. Her transition from the rather timid archaeologist to the somewhat cold and even ruthless information broker she becomes is happening in a very gradual and sensible progression. Seeing her retain her shy and awkwardly charming traits while also gaining a more weathered edge from her continuing, if unwilling, involvement in violent and traumatic events in her search for Feron and the Shadow Broker makes for a very engaging and enjoyable reading experience.

I am also quite impressed with your handling of the events in the Mass Effect: Redemption comics. As the plot advanced toward this point in the Mass Effect timeline I wondered if I would have to read through what would amount to a lengthy paraphrase of the comics or, perhaps worse, a rushed one. Your decision to summarize it in a concise yet informative flashback gives all the necessary information to those who have not read the comics without boring those who have.

My usual reviews of other Mass Effect fan fictions center largely on nitpicking errors or incongruities either in the story itself or stemming from the underlying lore, but I've so far found nothing worth mentioning. I at first thought I should point out Liara's decision to trust Nyxeris as a possible flaw because even the somewhat naïve
ArtistII chapter 15 . 5/10/2011
Agree totally with Fluidfyre ;))
Fluidfyre chapter 15 . 5/10/2011
I am always happy to see updates for this story, I love how you write Liara. One of the few I've read that I think captures her perfectly. A very distinct voice in my head. Thanks for sharing :)
The Fictional Saloon chapter 13 . 1/23/2011
Added to C2!
Marcin R chapter 13 . 1/22/2011
well this chapter turned the story in very unexpectable way-i like it-i cannot wait to read the Chapter 14
Fluidfyre chapter 13 . 1/20/2011
Hah I love Aethyta in this chapter! I always look forward to updates from this story, you write Liara's voice so clearly... keeping the person we love.
ArtistII chapter 13 . 1/20/2011
awesome ...Great chapter as usual, very interesting. Im starting to believe that this is exactly how it should happened in the game. Keep updating ... :)
Beforethedawnbreaks chapter 12 . 1/3/2011
This is a neat story.
BlackAdder117 chapter 12 . 12/12/2010
Very good chapter mate. And I like what you've done with the fill-ins between ME and ME2 as it further expands the story a lot. Very good and I hope there'll be another chapter up shortly!

Cheers from Oz!