Reviews for The Shadow on the Scene
RositaLG chapter 24 . 2/1/2011
I loved this chapter. The interaction between Sweets and Brennan was perfect and it made my heart all warm and fuzzy inside. :) Great job!
RositaLG chapter 16 . 2/1/2011
Can I just say that I love your version of Parker? He's such a little Booth. "We'll show her, Dad. Me, you and Dr. Bones- we'll show her evidence of good things. I'll keep an eye on her at recess, and you work for the FBI, and Dr. Bones is almost like a ninja. We can keep bad people away from her. We'll show her."
RositaLG chapter 11 . 2/1/2011
So I just found this story, but I have to say, I'm loving it. This part in particular made me HAVE to review:

"Absence makes the heart forget. D.C. was a big enough city. They could stay there and not run into each other. She would take The Founding Fathers, he would take the diner. She would take Hodgins, he would take Sweets. The only problem with that was that he was still the gambler, and, though something had to give, he wasn't quite ready to fold. He wasn't ready to settle for only milkshakes and baby ducks if there was still a possibility that he could have bugs and beer too."

I can't tell you how much I love that. I'll try not to review every chapter and flood your inbox, but I had to let you know how fabulous that paragraph was!
ProfeJMarie chapter 41 . 1/14/2011
You know what I love best about this epilogue? Booth and Brennan having a conversation as they are sexing it up. Or making love. Or having intercourse. However you prefer I phrase it - but it is not only so THEM, but so natural - which is why it feels so nice and warm in my heart. It is how it should be.
ProfeJMarie chapter 40 . 1/14/2011
Absolutely wonderful. I have loved reading this story.

This is how a Bones fic goes . . . relationship and case are intertwined - each side furthering the other.

You show thoughts, but don't overdo it. Your characters thoughts, actions, and words are truly authentic. This story and the relationship was organic. Fantastic.
ProfeJMarie chapter 39 . 1/14/2011
Isn't this the truth?

"Yeah, I do." She added softly, "But I don't think he'll want to. I think it will be the saddest thing he's ever had to do. And you know what? I don't think he'd ever stop being sorry." I believe in that even as we watch events unfold during S6 . . .

"and she thought about Booth, who had never failed her" -precisely. And then ringing back Booth's words, which I can't believe I forgot to relate in the last review: "I wouldn't fail at loving you." My heart is pitter pattering.
ProfeJMarie chapter 38 . 1/14/2011
Excellent psychological processing in this.

And this line, the crux of the matter:

" But what if your parents' failure had nothing to do with who you are, and everything to do with who they were? " Precisely.
ProfeJMarie chapter 37 . 1/14/2011
Oh man - SUCKER PUNCH.

Fabulous banter with Booth and Brennan - golden.

Then - yeah. The sucker punch, but very authentic.
ProfeJMarie chapter 36 . 1/14/2011
I'm so, so, so glad that you showed that Brennan didn't have to be alone in order to be independent. This is so important.
ProfeJMarie chapter 35 . 1/14/2011
"He had to get his family out of that apartment." - okay, I know that line is from an earlier chapter, but I forgot I had tagged it and I was anxious to keep reading instead of reviewing. But I loved the truth of that line.

Great lines and moments in this chap:

"Once again, words wouldn't come, and all he could do was look." Can you imagine "for real" this situation?

"Yeah," the artist's voice broke, "and I hated it. You're supposed to be the unflappable one. I'm flappable. Very flappable." Tears were now streaming down her face. "That's how I always want it to be, okay? I don't ever, ever want to have to take your place again." - this was wonderful Angela. Perfect.

"He reached over and squeezed her leg reassuringly, then looked in the backseat to Angie and made a goofy face." - so Booth. I wanted to giggle right along with Angie.
ProfeJMarie chapter 34 . 1/14/2011
CAROLINE ROCKS.
ProfeJMarie chapter 31 . 1/14/2011
Holy Crap.

Okay - here's this, too: I love - no I adore - that Booth has it figured out to take care of Angie first.

I refuse to believe what the end of this chapter implies. Plus, I have a theory. I've been paying attention. I think. ;-)
ProfeJMarie chapter 27 . 1/14/2011
Oh, *sigh*.

This was lovely. Just - all of it.

I love Dad-Booth in your story - it is so Booth, even if we don't know if it really is entirely him, do you know what I mean?

And, perhaps I'm wrong, but an almost complete confirmation of creepy guy's description of the unlikely hero. Although, it makes me nervous. Which is a good thing, of course.
ProfeJMarie chapter 23 . 1/14/2011
Booth is courting. Magical.

What's Hacker doing at the diner? Just curious. . .
ProfeJMarie chapter 21 . 1/14/2011
"You can only swerve so many times before you crash, Bren."

Well - the whole speech from Angela was superb - but certainly it is wonderfully summed up in that last line.

2 weeks? Okay literary device woman . . . second chances don't have to wait that long - but, *sigh*, I await . . .
800 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »