Reviews for The Love of a Father
kamuinoyume chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Aw! That was adorable! I believe this to be the most accurate description of Uther's feelings for Arthur that I have ever seen... well, from my POV, because I know some people don't actually agree with me...

Either way, I loved it!
tkdprincess96 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
awwww, thats just an adorable oneshot! keep writing stories.
Loved it chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Jammeke chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
Excellent writing. I'm fascinated by Uther and Arthur's relationship and this story offers great insight into what Arthur's childhood must have been like. You did a wonderful job at portraying Uther's conflicted feelings. Thanks for sharing this.

Rosie99 chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
wow this is amazing. I think you have Uther just right and you write wonderfuly.
fangirl29 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I really enjoyed your story. My words seem so trite in comparison to your wonderful story. You manage to make Uther so 'human' and I almost - almost - feel for him. You make Uther's pain at the loss of his wife and the love he holds for his son so palpable. Good Merlin fiction is hard to come by right now. Exceptional work such as yours is even more rare. I hope you share more of your work very, very soon.
Tianne chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Beautifully written!

Uther is, I think, a much overlooked character. It's all too easy to put him in the role of 'bad guy' and leave him to be a rather one dimensional character, which is a shame because there's a complexity to him that doesn't often get explored.

You've caught it perfectly and have managed to make him a fully rounded character without any trace of sentimentalism. You've given reasons but not excuses for the way he is and have made it so real that I completely believe this as a study. His relationship with Arthur is so bittersweet and his relationship with Gaius also brought to life here.

A beautifully paced and touching piece. It's gentle and compelling. Love it!