Reviews for Near Touch
Joss chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Hey, I loved this!
would you mind if I share it on my blog?
how should I link the page?

Thanks !
Dolphingirl32173 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I love it! great job!
my 2 guys chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
that was good keep it up
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
wow i really... wanted to touch my laptop reading this huh wierd
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
That was beautiful! You captured the essence of the dance perfectly, and it made me fall in love with that moment all over again. Damon and Elena have so much electricity, so much passion, that she never would have been able to dance this way with Stefan and feel like that ;D I also loved that you added in the lyric from the song that was playing, it was so fitting for the dance and worked very well in your story. Excellent job! :)
miracle chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
THIS IS GREAT ! SO deep and light !
Bleu-Marine-2 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Another gorgeous story. I LOVE that scene. I have watched it countless times. I, too, have tried to capture it in writing. I've been working on a story from Damon's POV (first person). It's been tough, though, as Damon is not an easy character to capture.

But I love what you did with Elena's side. Having watched the scene so many times, I could follow precisely what you described. I completely agree: Elena looked like she totally forgot about the world around her and she was enjoying the moment, having fun, and was being "pulled" into Damon's obvious attraction to her. For the briefest of moments, she was responding, and then at the end, when she "lands", she has this moment of awareness that, yes, something is going on here and she can no longer deny it. Of course, she proceeds to call it "friendship" later, but that's another story! :-D

Maybe the genius of that scene (besides the incredible aesthetics of it) is that, though no dialogue is exchanged, Damon's steady, focused and prolonged gaze says everything you need to know. And because Damon is relentless and honestly open about it, Elena cannot brush it off. She has to take notice. It's like Damon said: see, this is the real me and I want you, and Elena doesn't run away and answers: I get it now. And you did a superb job of showing how she can no longer escape what was right in front of her throughout the dance.

Great fic! Thank you for writing and sharing it.
WhisperingLeaves chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I liked this story quite a lot. That scene was amazing. Until that point I wasn't really a Damon fan...but he's grown on me. No woman could resist the gentle side Elena brings out in him...I loved the last scene in the season finale when Damon confessed to well, Katherine thinking it was Elena, that he came to mystic falls to destroy it but is now protecting it...the way he was like "how did that happen?" was so heart melting.

Boy was I disappointed to find out that he was kissing Catherine and not Elena. She has really been studying Elena...I cannot wait for season two's premiere!

Thanks again for writing this. )
pittsteelers chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I liked how you referenced Greek mythology at the end. Maybe you could do one in Damon's Pov or if its too used already.
Nachtregen chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Okay, I just watched all of VD this week and I loved it.

After finding out how long it would take until I'll get my next dose I turned to because there had to be at least ONE writer that was abled enough to make me forget about the hiatus for maybe a second or two. And then my Alert-Button-Rang...New Story from akaDD, but WAIT, it's not Dark Angel (my first love forever) its VD. well...you can imagine how that made my day.

Okay...coming to the review of this OS ;)

It was awesome. That scene gave you chills by watching it and had there never been a scene like this on the actual show,you, writing it like this would have almost made up for it. The tension was fantastic.

I have to go to work now, but'll be back later to check on your newest story. Can't wait.
EMCismylove chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I loved it! Great job writing this! :)
sdlynn chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Ei!

I love the way you write. Can we have a second part, maybe the dance from Damon's point of view?
AngelicSnow chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
you don't think you could continue this, do you? .
Emowyen chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Loved this story! I love Damon too and loved the scene with him dancing with Elena. You could feel the chemistry between them. Very well written!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
That was AWESOME!
I LOVED that scene in the episode! It was just so obvious that there was immediate chemistry between them and it was like amplified during that romantic moment. Made me fall for Team Damon even more!

You're writing in Elena's POV in this scene was remarkable that I'd only hope that was what was going through her mind at that time.

Well done for your first time writing in the VD universe, I would have never known if it weren't for that A/N.