Reviews for The Sky Like a Bruise
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Wow. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
that was really good. Great job
tori.m.1988 chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Great story! Growing up in Michigan, I know all too well the distinct sound of that siren and the threat of twisters. My heart jumps whenever I hear it, it's like it's programmed into me. Terrific writing and imagery. Thank you for the read.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
Fantastic!
karonkgb chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Dean was in such a hurry to get down under the solid concrete foundation of the barn that he didn't realize Dad wasn't with him until he got a few steps down. Then he turned abruptly on the steps, making Sammy yelp and grab his waist to keep from falling. Dean looked back up the stairs, saw his father standing at the top, looking out at the sky. He stood in profile steady and watchful, strong and still as a statue against the bruised sky. He looked immovable, sure and solid as a mountain, surrounded by storm but unchanged by it, and his eyes were hard and unafraid. Dean's breath caught in his throat, but somehow he could not believe that anything could harm his dad, not when he looked like that. Untouchable. Hero.

Well told look at what a man should be and what was John.
klaineisendgame11 chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
good!
NiDubhchair chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Wow. REALLY love your writing style. Really captures the place and voice of the story. Thanks!
bluecharlotte chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
This is incredible and believable and I love the connection to their childhood and the vulnerability and sense of family of the whole thing. So well done :)
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Wow...

This was awesome. Made me think of my own dad, my hero, my rock. The kinda guy who will always sit on the porch and watch the storm, no matter how frightening it may be.

Loved it.
Patience Memory chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Wow.

That... that was beautiful. From the urgency to the characters to the discriptions to the emotions... this was a haunting masterpiece. Very well done.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
That's cute

Hurt Dean is just my thing LOL I don't know how, I love it... And angst too )

Good one!

Kisses

Rosetta
Samantha V chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Really nice story! And very well written. Had to smile at the kids running for Sam instead of Dean and good to see people helping the boys for a change. Any chance for an epilogue?
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This is a deceptive story - it's simply and beautifully told, straightforward, but there are layers and layers of meaning hiding in here, making this rich and expressive. I had to read it twice, then think about it, then read it a third time before I could begin to review. It's stunning. Thanks for posting it here.

Phoebe
karmil chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Amazing story, the writing is so descriptive and moving, just brilliant!
ohgravitysonfire chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
oh man talk about heart-lurching! i coulda sworn i was gonna break out into tears almost at some parts! great story. i love how you got into their roots. and the part with dean and john was so precious!