Reviews for Charlie, Children, Chickens and Charms
Morghen chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Hahahaha, this is great! It was a very nice and creative use of the prompt -I loved it. I liked how you wrote about Charlie 'cause I feel like he is one of the under appreciated characters in HP.

respitechristopher chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
Oh my goodness. Really, what was I thinking? When I see "Bad Mum" and "Weasleys" come through my inbox, it's really a drop-everything moment, isn't it?

Gorgeous, as expected. Charlie was the perfect older brother, and the twins' reaction (and unlikely, although perfectly played) innocence was simply delightful. The little ones' sniffles came across beautifully, and I just adored this little story. Brava.
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This was so cute! I really liked how Charlie knew which twin it was and the line, "inwardly wondering why things like this had never happened when Bill was left in charge."
GrimmauldPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Very amusing! I do like a good Weasley story, but often they aren't
written to my taste! Really enjoyed it, plus I like that Charlie was the main focus, I think out of all of them, his character was left the most undeveloped by JKR. It's going to the favourites!
M. Poe chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Fun and nostalgic. As always, I love your treatment of the Weasleys and the implied relationships between them in your writing. I especially enjoy your Fred and George dialogues!
weasleyobsessed chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
This made me laugh :) I feel sorry for charlie having to look after all his siblings!

Great story!

MagicalCorgi chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I do have to say that I loved reading this story. I loved the plot especially the de-feathering of the chickens through accidential magic, Charlie being able to tell the twins apart, and the fact that the twins are actually innocent for once. Everybody is wonderfully in character and the interactions between the characters are wonderful. I also enjoyed the appearance of Crackle in the story as well. The last line was great as well.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I enjoyed this a lot. :) There isn't enough Weasley sibling-ness out there... Loved, how Fred and George were inoccent for once, it gave a nice touch to the story. All were pretty well characterised and this was amusing too. Well done.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
:) Very cute.
thegirlofcrazy chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Aw, this was so cute! I loved how Charlie cared for Ginny- unique and awesome. You wrote them all really well. Plus young twins are cute. Those poor hens...
xXGirlofMagicXx chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
hahaha! this is a great story! so funny! i can totally imagine Charlie trying to fix the bald chickens and his astonishment as well! HAHAHA! great job!
Dejsha chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Wow, this was incredible. I've always loved how you write the Weasleys and I think Charlie was really well written. I like the twins and Ron the best out of the story though;) I noticed a connection with the story and the books. You know in the Chamber of Secrets, how Ginny is told by Tom to kill the chickens (or participate in their death, I can't remember exactly), well, this reminded me of that scene:)

Well written and I really enjoyed the story (I also liked how they didn't tell Molly about the incident too), love,
Pistis Sophia chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
lol, really funny! plz write more fics like this!
GoddessofYouth chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Ginny doesn't seem to have much luck around chickens. I'm glad Crackle is still around in your stories. Great one-shot!
alix33 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
"Charlie looked up with a sigh from the Charms essay which he knew perfectly well he should have finished at least a week ago, and glared at his brother. "What?" he demanded. "I'm busy, Fred." "I'm not Fred, I'm George," said the boy at the door automatically, but Charlie cut him short with a wave of his hand. "I know who you are, idiot. What's happened, Fred?" Fred scowled at Charlie's perceptiveness and kicked at the doorstep." - Hehehe at Charlie being able to tell the twins apart. I will bet my year end bonus money (or what will be left of it after a) I had my one molar crowned: right now it has a temporary filling; b) saved some emergency cash; and c) saved some for the deposit on a bigger flat) Bill, Ginny and Ron can all do it too, but not that poncy prig Percy.
"as he followed Fred across the yard in the direction of the hen house." - "henhouse" is one word.
"Charlie glared at him. "Honestly, Ron, can't you be left alone for ten minutes without teasing Ginny? You're a pain in the neck, you know that? Well you can darn well confess to Mum when she gets back, and you know what that will mean." Ron glowered, seeing the long-promised trip to Diagon Alley once Charlie, Percy and the twins were back at school, evaporating before his eyes. Still, he knew better than to argue with Charlie in this mood." - Hehehe, as Ron IMO got punished for far too little of his arrant stupidity. And how Hermione could marry him in canon, I just do not know! Nobody in their right mind marries a bloke who a) is dimmer than oneself; and b) called one a nightmare ever.
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »