Reviews for For the Summer
overzealousbunny chapter 2 . 5/2/2010

Love the 3 facts at the begining..
STAR WARS! and Karen Carpenter. I still can't listen to her sing without thinking about how wasted away she was at the end :(

My brother easily charms the customers with his dimpled grin.
- and yes I probably WILL still continue to be all excited ANY TIME you mention Em's dimples!

He is glowing. The golden sun behind his head is causing his reddish brown hair to blaze like fire. He is my age, I think, maybe a little older, and his mouth is very red, like he just finished a rainbow sherbet Push-Up or something. His teeth and tongue are tinted pink with sticky syrup collected in the corners of his mouth. His green eyes look like they are shimmering from the reflection of the water, and he has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen, like feathers, and I wonder if they are as soft as they look.
- and that there is the FIRST time I fell in love with your Edward. You make him sound almost magical.

For them, this is just a vacation. For us, this is real life.
- I really love that line. Even at such a young age she's already hardened against the world outside their little bubble.

"Huh," my brother scoffs. "I gotta piss. I'll be back in a few." He glares at Edward as he walks slowly out the door.
- bwahahaha oh emmett!

I punch him in the gut.
- i STILL giggle over this. HE calls her hair a deflector shield and she smacks him one. LAUGH OUT LOUD!

His cheeks are pink from the sun and the skin on his nose is peeling.
- ahh the beginings of it all ;o)

WhatsMyNomDePlume chapter 2 . 5/2/2010
I'm really looking forward to reading this story- I am pleased to hear that its going be in all BPOV (i'm usually not a big fan of changing POVs). You've set up both happiness and heartache in the prologue so I'm sure we're in for some up and downs.

I especially like how you captured the childlike tone of an 11-year-old Bella, where pinky promises were more than oaths, they were signs of friendship and loyalties, where stick melted ice pops and spit meant nothing. You've already shown us how stubborn this Bella is- her refusal to cry in front of Edward is a foreshadowing, I feel, of how she will tend to hide her vulnerability to protect herself.

This has all the makes of a very entertaining story.
overzealousbunny chapter 1 . 5/2/2010

I'm so so so excited that you've started posting!

I can not WAIT to share this with everyone.. pimp you to the very LAST FANDOM FAN IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE for I love love love your story and the characters you've created.

The burning color reflects off the water and the show below is almost as dazzling as the bursts and splays of color raining from the broad band of blackness above.
- love how within just a few words I can feel us sitting on that doc. The little wind, the smells in the air and the beauty and wonder that Fireworks are.

Have I told you yet how much I LOVE fireworks? I stay up on NY just to see them lol

"No more 'maybe next year's' for us," he murmurs softly. His lips press into my temple and he lets them linger on my skin, breathing in and keeping our connection, a connection forged close to two decades ago in a very different time and a very different place.
- *sigh* I love that we're starting at the end, then working our way towards this happy place where they both are.

Hadley Hemingway chapter 2 . 5/2/2010
What a lovely start to this story - and thanks for the tip-off for the HEA right away. I died a thousand deaths over your last masterpiece! Glad to see you back.
radmeister chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
Oh this is so cool. I love that Renee works at the Tropicana and all of the details that you work into your writing. Thanks.
radmeister chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This sounds very promising. I like that as a reader I have a goal but I am wondering how much angst it will take to get there. But I really like the angsty roller coaster! Thank you for beginning another story.
miracelle chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
i love this!
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Oh, I am intrigued. I loved your fics in the past, so I'm sure I'll love this one as well.

ginginlee chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
Wow - you hooked me already! I'm really looking forward to the upcoming chapters, and watching these two kids progress. Great premise! Thanks for writing!
whattheshmuck chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
LOVE this so far, bb!
VronniePantz chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
omg... you have won me over... this story is so wait for more :)
Pumpkin-ball chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
I love this already! Memories...I was only 8 in 83'
Grandparent's built a home on Lake Huron in Michigan,and I got to spend summer there as they were building. My summers from 79' to 86' were spent in swimsuits with constant sand in the pants, a perpetual sherbet push-up stained face, catching my own minnows to fish with, and walking out to the sandy point to befriend any poor kid that crossed my path. I was a lonely child as well. These were summers I could pretend to be someone else, away from a less than stellar home-life. I love how you write. You breath tons of life into your characters and the settings. So excited for this story! 3's, bb! ~Capri

P.S. Gonna pimp this story out over at Random Acts of Rob on the Sinday FF rec post. Lovely, perverted bunch of Ladies over there that always appreciate a good story rec. ;~)
Eaglerise chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
I really love this storyline. It's different and tender and I cried throughout chapter 2! Can't wait to see where the summers lead for these two.
orlanka chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
loving this story so far. great setup of the characters and the setting. Can't wait to read more :)
lulabelljane chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
I'm madly in love with this already! I can't wait to see what each summer brings them. :)
8,869 | « Prev Page 1 .. 578 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 .. Last Next »