Reviews for The Third Year
Kira-Hazel chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Well now I'm hooked -.-
TrekGames23 chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I really do love this story, but I found myself screaming at my computer screen sometimes. Chakotay can be so hard headed, Tom is to sweet and should just tell her and Kathryn is so oblivious and even more hard headed than all of them!
BritMonkey chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
I just love how lighthearted and easy they are around each other, how their relationship flows so easily and vividly.
sernity1806 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
OMG you ended it like that. Dang! Is there going to be a third piece?
LynnEGib chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I was disappointed at the ending I thought it should go on
eclecticalia chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Oh, wow. This was such a treat to wake up to on bank holiday weekend! Thank you!
For some reason I've been on a serious kick with this pairing recently & I think a lot of it is due to how you write them - as real, mature adults, who can interact & have emotions without turing into hysteric teenagers. I love your subtlety and found a lot to like in this story.
Particularly, I enjoyed the scene with Janeway helping Paris work on the shuttle. I like how subtlely you played it; how natural the interaction was. I felt there was a lot going on for the characters on beneath the surface that came across without you spelling it out.
Also, I *loved* the scene in Harry's quarters. Janeway trying to make small talk, Tom despairing in silence (like watching a train wreck), Harry just being Harry. And then Janeway & Paris bickering, and Harry caught in the middle... very true to all of them, I thought, and I really like having a 'third party' view of how their relationship is changing. And Harry's 'I can rig a transport... except it's against protocol, so no, I can't' line was perfect.
Finally, I loved the banter between Janeway & Paris (especially the 'helmboy!' exchange) - its so lighthearted but seemed to really show their relationship, balanced on the edge of friendship. And if I detect the hint of this possibly becoming a series... I would be very, very happy!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Your stories are always a treat. Thanks for the read!
BevNPicard chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Wonderful story. I love the way the Paris/Janeway relationship is unfolding. Great job writing Paris, Chakotay and Janeway. I'm feeling kind of sorry for the poor Commander. Great Job. I hope to see a new story soon.
ticass11 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
oh this is good. love the writing and was waiting for another installment. Keep up the great work!
Kath chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
What a lovely, moving story - please don't let it end there! I love how you write the characters, especially Janeway and Paris - their relationship is mature and believable, with a nice touch of humor. Please keep writing!