Reviews for Cowboy Bebop Session 0: Cold Reason
The Flesh of JRB chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
This was very well done, and was a testament to the fine craft that ZP has been honing for years. It reads like a piece of incredibly hard-boiled noir with a touch of tragic romanticism. To be honest, I never really thought much of Vicious while watching the series, but this has changed my perception by giving him so much more character. Towards the end she even manages to blend in a little reference to Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Insmouth, or at least that's what I got from it, and considering Vicious's complete jaded nature it doesn't seem like too far of a stretch.
NessieGG chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Excellently done! I praise this work; you've summed a lot up in one shot. I wish I could do that. (No, *I* had to write a huge multi-chapter story. I hate myself sometimes. _)

I'm glad to see such well done SxJ fiction. There isn't a whole lot of it, and this one definitely did not leave me disappointed. Kudos!
bebopnangel chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
Wow...this could be this missing episode to the Bebop series! I think they were all in character and this was a really good story! You were very descriptive in telling it and it turned out great! :)
CatsOnMars chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
This is the third time Ive read this story and it still amazes me. The line "Did you know you called his name?" always surprises me - for some reason its always really unexpected.
Dark Manifest chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
I think I'll go with the majority and say the part with the chain link fence was also my favorite. But how it began stands as the best part in my eyes. This entire story was like bleeding life, movement, and color into the still shots that were flashbacks to, as the story's titled, "Session 0." Brilliant, and pretty touching in a cold kind of way. But then, that's Vicious.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that I didn't think to do it first. But you probably did it better anyway. _
CatsOnMars chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Wow. This was absolutely cool. The thing with the fence was incredible. I always wondered what that image on the end credits of them standing away from eachother meant, and now Ill never look at that the same way again. I didnt neccesarily feel sorry for Vicious when I read this, but it kind of showed him as what I imagine Spike sees him as: not evil, because he was friends with him, but just someone he hates and cant live with.
Shelley chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
Wow this is awesome! The part with the chain link fence is really well done! IMpressive work!
Matt 2-hot-4-u chapter 1 . 7/23/2002
great story. I felt so bad for vicious:(
Lisa chapter 1 . 3/5/2002
THis is really good, I like fics about Vicious, he's usually portrayed as evil, but come on! He was betrayed by his BEST FRIEND and the woman he loved. I'd be bitter myself. It's nice seeing things from his end for a change. I personally think Julia and Vicious make a very nice couple, but for my sake, don't tell Spike!
Night chapter 1 . 2/14/2002
Hey, luv. This was an excellent story, it really was. The characters were portrayed well, and you made some good analogies throughout (the bit with the fence was, as I've said, particularly powerful). And I still say the pool scene rocks.

Great work.
Miaria Micanopy chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
Wow. That was good.
Angel from hell Devil from Heaven chapter 1 . 2/9/2002
HI! good story! you should write more You know this is practaclly the ONLY story that I have given a good reveiw too (that was devil from heaven speaking) okj heres my partner in crime ~_

Yay! Excuse my crazy friend, she just got out of the mental institution... lol... Anywhoooo... Um, good story, as usual. *claps rapidly* anyway, keep it up! _ {Angel From Hell}

Lovecraft Hammer Fox chapter 1 . 2/9/2002
My God...

That was just so...powerful

This really helped put perspective on Vicous ( I havent read the manga either, and I dont think the anime does enough on him)

He seems litte scizophrenic, a little supernatural...I don't know how to word it right.

You have an amazing ability with words. Please keep writing.
NeoKefka chapter 1 . 2/9/2002
Nice one, Zeepers. It's already gone into my favorite stories list. Needless to say, Cowboy Bebop is easily my favorite anime series, and I'm glad to see some good fan fiction based on it.

I assure you that everyone is in character, so quit worrying that they aren't, kay? :) The prose and grammar, is as always flawless. Hell, the only bad thing I can say about this story is how inadequite it makes my own crappy writing look. Kudos, keep up the good work, and all that rot. Keep it cool ~NeoKefka
Jeiq chapter 1 . 2/9/2002
Lin is alive! Lin is alive! *showers you with confetti* That aside, I liked reading your story - I am fully convinced that Vicious and Julia were, once upon a time, in love. Besides which children really should not smoke. Interesting story - nice writing - do keep it up and take care.