Reviews for What Makes A Conman, A Conman
Calliecature chapter 3 . 6/1/2014
this is the best among the three. you elaborated on when Neal had used it along with the how with an example with strong points such as the police reports :)
Calliecature chapter 2 . 6/1/2014
His smile is irresistible and he always put on that charming, confident front. but you did asked a valid point. Although, I wished you have elaborated more on "everything he has worked for taken away while he watches helplessly" just to make the readers relate more. But please take this with a grain of salt because I haven't watched White Collar for a long time.
Calliecature chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
i'm glad you have put examples of the advantages of looking smart and classy. plus, i love the ending on how he would smile, tilt his head and walk away. it was the cherry on top of the cake.

this is an old story so you may have known about this already but you could have elaborated more on the details on body language and what makes the Devore suit the ultimate armor when dealing with people. it feels like those would be somethings that Neal would talk at length.

all in all, it was good. it was kind of informative as it makes readers understand why they should dress up and why it is easier for people to trust you when you look like a million bucks.
Naomi Hansen chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Hm. Maybe that's why I love wearing waistcoats and dress shirts. (I'd say slacks too, but... I destroyed my only pair when I accidentally tossed them into the washing machine, and they were dry clean only.) D:

Auf Wiedersehen!

-Naomi Hansen
Naomi Hansen chapter 3 . 1/29/2011
I gotta say, that first paragraph in itself is funny yet amazing at the same time. The rest of it was interest also, especially about that poor girl that was so shocked by Neal's charm. I mean, wow, I sort of feel sorry for her yet also feel a little jealous... XD

Auf Wiedersehen!

-Naomi Hansen
Amethyst Princess 27 chapter 3 . 8/27/2010
What you said in the first chapter, it's completely true. I've seen someone who's normally quiet and shy be amazingly more confident when dressed up. Don't know the psychology behind it but it does work.

Great job with the story so far, I like how all chapters seem to fit together. His Morals are next, right? They sound questionable to me.

Looking forward to more.

Amethyst
Sparky Dorian chapter 3 . 6/12/2010
That was funny. I liked the part about having "actual backup." And what Mozzie would do.
epicpickleninja chapter 3 . 6/6/2010
loved it! it was HILARIOUS how you had Neal charm a reciptionist so much that she couldn't say anything to the police. the whole thing was great. can't wait for the next one!
epicpickleninja chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
that's a terrible reason for not posting sooner! going to California... hehe. jk if you couldn't tell.

anyway. i really really really REALLY like your story so far. the ending was really good. and kinda sad. but still good. :)
Sparky Dorian chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
I like it. I think it's very sweet and smart and also sort of sad in a way. :) I'm excited for more!