Reviews for The Other Optimus Yarnspinner
Laura Schiller chapter 1 . 2/21
Funny! "Oh please, that barely suffices for breakfast" - you can really hear the original Yarnspinner's influence in the bookling's voice, pompous but still loveable. It shows perfectly how the booklings take on their authors' personalities, like the devoted readers they are. Don't we all wish we could live by reading?
Eipin chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Your story is, I have to say, just wonderful. Considering that English is not my native language I am probably an easy to impress audience when it gets to style and vocabulary, but your story is not only well written it is also based on a touching idea.

Having just read the second adventure of Mythenmetz - or Yarnspinner, as you call him - and now waiting eagerly for the third part it was a delightful way to pass a part of the time left untill the new book is published.

Greetings from Germany
GeologyRocks chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
I love you for writing this. That is all. :D
trex814 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I like it, only thing is i was wondering about the bookling named Colophonius Regeschein, did he ever meet his namesake?
YesIEatQuiche chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
It seems not many others love Walter Moers as we do. Perhaps they have just not discovered his genious yet.

That being said I enjoyed the repetition of the actual book's lines intermingled with what Optimus is actually thinking. And I like how the story gives insight into what the mind of a fearsome bookling would be like - though it is a bit strange to imagine having memorized lines floating through your head.

Only critique: it may have been a little rushed and thus a little forced. But I love oneshots!

See you around.