Reviews for Get Close
heLLzCat chapter 3 . 12/11/2010
you've never texted in your life? O_O *gaping*

oh holy, that's awesome

*had practically gotten hit by own mother for texting 24/7*

I need to follow your example, it seems.. xD

ohwell, about the story! ..love it so far 3

I like the way you end the chapters with text messages

so creative, indeed.

and oh, did I mention that I love it? :D
Domo chapter 7 . 9/6/2010
very good i gotta say, i think this is one of my favorite DRR! fics yet. i really liked the message thing at the ends, it's like your own spin on the blog posts which made this really cool! and I'm surprised that I didn't even mind when they were sorta OOC, that's how well you pulled this off! very good
Becoming-Obsessed chapter 7 . 6/20/2010
This was too cute!

-AMLF
Maydn chapter 7 . 6/5/2010
This was so perfect! Really, very intense and full of emotion of whatever kind we want to see, and yep, nothing really changed and that was also wonderful because it just fit the mood of this story.

I love your style so much, especially the paragraph with the sky "crying for the two souls..." was very beautiful. And there're so many ways to turn a 'lovers in the rain' scene into something awfully cliché and sappy but you really avoided that, if only because of the choice of words ("love fucked up into hate", "hearts went like thump, thump— pain").

I really adore how you describe your scenes with only few words and give such an intense impression. The dialogue then was like the sugar topping, really. Again so few words and so much said.

I'd definitely love to read more Durarara-fic from you! You really have a talent to get the series' "special feeling" down, with an edge of humor and a great characterization. Thank you for sharing this lovely, and imho not at all pointless, tale. ;)
Radioactivesnail chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
Did I ever mention I LOVE those message things at the end of each chapter? In case I didn't..

THEY ARE PURE GENIUS, AND I LOVE THIS CHAPTER'S. THEY GOT A PHOTO TAKEN! AWESOME!

Such a short chapter, but so sweet! Thanks for the update! Hopes you update again soon!
clear-skyz chapter 7 . 6/4/2010

Thank you! Why, yes, I'd love to see that picture :3 xD
ChOFee chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
Oh so pointless. But the characterization was good. :D
Aquarius MCMXCI chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
I would say this is the perfect ending for a fic like this. Not cheesy - not at all, in fact! - no drama, it is what it is and you know what? That's what makes it great. I can't really describe it, but your writing style has this certain notch that reminds me of the series itself, especially the first and last chapter. The phone messages at the bottom give the story a personal edge, and you succeed very well in making the characters your own, without hesitation.

From now on, I'll always be looking forward to reading more from you. You're a great writer, that's why. :)
Aquarius MCMXCI chapter 6 . 6/4/2010
I don't pay attention for a few days and you update again, without me even having reviewed the previous chapter! I will read your last chapter after this, and review that too. :)

As a general overview: I really like this chapter. It's not lovey dovy (or however you spell that), but it gets the point aross that there may be something other than hate going on there. And it's obvious that they have a hard time expressing it any other way than through violence and insults. Old habits die hard, don't they?

And this is me being nitpicky: in the second paragraph, where you say [...]things will be solved no matter what the problem was[...], I have this feeling it would sound better if you replace will with would. Mainly because the entire sentence is past tense, and the will gives you the feeling that whatever Shizuo is talking about lies in the future, while the past tense indicates it is, in fact, something that has already been resolved. Unless you were aiming for this, of course. ;)

And further down you mention Izaya's windpipes, but however annoying one is, I still think we only have one windpipe. :P

I'm off to read the last chapter now. :)
blacksakura13 chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
Lol, unknown dude... (i'm wishing with all my heart that its Erika XD)

ah, izaya, you masochist. I do wonder why i adore you so

great job again
elany chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
I don't know why, i seriously have no idea why, but i was laughing thru all this chapter, thinking something like "*sigh* they never change, do they?"

Nice job done on this fanfic )

Keep up the good work, hope to see more from you soon
cheezy chapter 7 . 6/3/2010
It’s sad that all good things come to an end. Thank you so much for sharing them!

I do agree with you, Izaya has to be some sort of masochist to fall in love (gasp!) with Shizuo. But damn, I want to see the photo of those two guys kissing in the rain. I’m kinda glad that the story rounded up nicely and didn’t give them “happily-ever-after” ending. God forbid the day those two stop going after each other’s throats.

You didn’t really throw us in a loop; we’re just going along with the characters’ roller coaster ride of emotions.

And now that it’s over, I’ll have to reread the whole story again to fully appreciate the ingenuity went into making this fanfic. I’m going to bet I missed some important parts when I read it the first time. Oh well… Looking forward to reading more fanfics from you!
simply anonymous chapter 7 . 6/3/2010
..lol! looks like a certain two someones got caught in the act 3 thank-you for the fic Kuro666. i thoroughly enjoyed it (um.. is it me or did that come out totally wrong? , no? oh, well, just forget i said anything then! ;;). anyway, here's hoping to see another DR! fic from you in the near future. D
OnlyIntuition chapter 7 . 6/3/2010
I actually found that ending perfect :) Sure they didn't really go anywhere since they stayed the same, but I wouldn't have them any other way :) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS STORY! I loved it :)
Uphill Both Ways chapter 7 . 6/3/2010
I think you ended this just the right way; realisticly.

It was a great story to follow, and traveled a believable path which makes it that much better C:

Kudos to you, and keep on writing.